Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

richmond folk. need a review.

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2010, 06:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default richmond folk. need a review.

http://transmission-kings.com/

finding myself not having a lot of money for a permabuilt like i want but Need to replace my 4l60E in my truck for at least the winter (04 tahoe). quoted me $700 for a 4l60e with transgo shift kit, beast sun shell, red eagle clutches, and wider band. comes with a 2 year warrenty

anyone heard good or bad things about these guys?
Old 11-23-2010, 12:50 AM
FormerVendor

I've never heard of them at ALL... It would be nice to know a competent local builder though.
Old 11-28-2010, 10:23 AM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have never had any experience with them as I build my own. They advertise on Craigslist a lot and I surf C/L a lot.:lol I see neg. ads on them all the time.
Who knows if the problem is the trans shop or the guys installing the transmission. Most people doing the install themselves don't know... to blow the translines and cooler lines out...Never re-use a contaminated stall or even how to clock the converter.

That being said bear in mind good parts aren't cheap and 4L60E's need upgrades. Anyone that can build a trans cheap, overnight or within 2 days IMO probably isn't building/cleaning it properly. Anyone still using the teflon band IMO needs to be skipped.

JMO would steer clear.

This is a add I just pulled up off C/L.

http://richmond.craigslist.org/pts/2075405160.html

SORRY TO TELL YOU BUT NOT BACKYARD 20 YEARS ASE MASTER TECH 10 FOR GM
PUT 5 MILES ON TRUCK THAT'S IT NOT DRIVING TRUCK BECAUSE NO OVERDRIVE AND SLIPS IN REVERSE
IF IT WAS A JASPER TRANS THAT WAS DYNO TESTED WHY WAS IT MISSING BOLTS FOR THE PUMP WOULD HAVE LEAKED
AS IT DID WHEN WE INSTALLED!!!!!
AS FOR THE YEAR OF TRANS WE TOLD YOU THE SUBURBAN WAS 97 YOU ARE THE "KINGS" IF IT WAS A 95 ON PHONE YOU SAID IT WAS A 98 TRANS GET YOUR LIES STRAIGHT
THE TRANS DATE CODE SHOULD HAVE GIVEN YOU A HEADS UP ON THAT MAYBE IF YOU HAD DONE YOUR JOB AND CLEANED THE TRANS YOU MIGHT HAVE CAUGHT THAT
AS FAR AS CODES YOU WERE TOLD NO CODES VSS WORKS FINE TPS ALL GOOD TRANSMISSION-KINGS NOT SO GOOD
SORRY I DON'T HAVE A LIFT AT THE HOUSE SO YES INSTALLED ON JACK STANDS THAT MUST BE WHY TRANS IS JUNK
FUNNY PEOPLE COMPLAIN ABOUT YOU BUT IT'S NEVER YOUR FAULT WHY GIVE WARRANTY IF YOU DON'T BACK IT UP

BEWARE RICHMOND YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED DON'T TRUST TRANSMISSION-KINGS

Edit: heres another:

http://richmond.craigslist.org/pts/2075331527.html

This one IMO is funny: Not only using monster trans name, but a nice picture of a dirty @$$ 13 vane pump internals.

http://richmond.craigslist.org/pts/2020144767.html

just punch in 4L60E transmission on C/L and enjoy.

Last edited by The stunningman; 11-28-2010 at 10:35 AM.
Old 11-28-2010, 10:33 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Stay AWAY! I bought a 700r4 from them, put it in, wouldnt even move, so told them and they replaced the trans with a lower qualitiy rebuilt unit from them, this one wouldnt shift out of first. told them again, and they said it was my fault and they are going to send a guy over to adjust the TV cable, well he ended up not showing, so I got a junkyard trans and its worked fine ever since, guy told me he would refund me, but i always get voicemail.... by the way first sign i figured it might have been bad, when you get the transmission you will get it from a guy in a random parking lot, in a yellow van thats a "cleaning" service..... hahaha
Old 11-28-2010, 12:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

thanks guys. ill be taking that advice. i had a feeling it was too good to be true. now i need a trans still
Old 03-12-2012, 09:43 PM

Unhappy Transmission King-Richmond Va.

Doo noot doo iit !!!!!
Old 03-12-2012, 10:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Don't worry I didn't.
Old 10-27-2012, 09:57 AM
Teching In

i dont know guys, i had my transmission built by these guys and have had no problems (4l60e)

Quick Reply: richmond folk. need a review.