Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

QTP Quick 8 for 2011

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2010, 10:35 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Firehawk441
I can't say I know you
Your first post in this thread was sarcasm...
Try making suggestions instead of complaints.
Hey I'm a ball buster, but it's all in fun and the progression of the class. If you knew me better, you would know that I sincerely want to see this class grow because I like the sport, and are friends with some of the guys racing in it. I may say it in a way that pisses some of you off, but I get you thinking.

Originally Posted by UNIQUEC5
You made your 1st comment to Jay which he has an 8.50 car.. So i dont understand what you mean by a 10 sec car racing an 8.5 car?? (I guess u have a 10.0 car) If so there are 3 other classes that you will fit in that is at the same time as the qtp qk8 or join this class n take a chance of winning because its not always the fastest car that wins!!

If you dont have a car that is competitive in a specific class then you should not have anything to say about it!!
I commented to Jay because I follow his car, his car is somewhat of a legend around these parts of PA, and I'm friends with his cousin. (dont get a big head Jay) I know he is looking for "real" racing because we have spoke about, but I'm sure he does not want to be the negative one here so I'll do it.

Originally Posted by 440LSX
: As far as the Quick 8 Class I personally would like to see some kind of index. How fast? That is to be debated ....
Now we are on the same page.. Make it a drivers race, not just a race for a certain few who can run 8.50. That will make the other cars involved get tired of losing all the time, and go elsewhere. I have seen it over and over again throughout the years. It also keeps the cars together longer, which also increases car count throughout the season, and makes it more reasonable to run it. It's not like the pay out is going to make up for a blown engine thats ran all out all the time.

Originally Posted by SSPerformance
How many quick 8 races have you raced in
You do not know me or my racing history. I have slowed down over the years, and do not have a legal 8.50 Vette because I do not want a cage in my car, but it is a consistent nine second car. I could enter this series (although driving nearly 4 hours each way is a bit much) but that would be ridiculous for me to line up against any of you guys with an 8.50 car. Is that how you would want to win? That's the type of cars you would want in the series? That's my whole point here, call me the devils advocate..

So to answer your question, I have won quick 8 races probably before you had a licence. (although I dont know you either) My first win won an NHRA jacket, the NHRA logo was in neon pink with one sleeve neon pink and one sleeve neon green. Does that give a general time frame?

Originally Posted by 4DRUSH
That does make sense, looking back at the last race (Me & Frank) 8.50 vs 9.1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Rl2P4J1mrg

The race was over at 330, I lifted 3/4 track, Frank probably before that. Is that type of racing good for car count?

So one question would be, do you guys want to race against fast cars or race against drivers of fast cars?
Meaning a cap, which would give all the cars & drivers and chance to win. (even Barry lol)

If you think about it there's all ready a cap (8.50 cert) and I think they'll be a few racers detuning for that next year.
Why not detune a little more, let more racers have a chance to win and hopefully more racers will be interested.
(I know a couple that would)
Maybe start with a 8.90 cap and see how that goes. If all goes well, next year 8.80, then 8.70, etc.???????????????? Think about it.
Now were talkin'. That final between you and guy in the GTO was boring, and that was the season's final?? That's the point here guys, make the racing tighter, and the excitement builds.

Jay,
I understand what you are saying and I do agree with you to a point.. But my comment was in response to a guy that said a 10.0 to an 8.5 car..WTF!!!

Now if I was next to you instead of Frank would u of lifted?? Ill answer that for you.. You would of put that ped thro the floor and I would of done the same!! (Thats what qtp qt8 is all about).. My heart n soul is still a heads up racer.. But I guess because there r not that many cars at our level yet, we have to deal n have fun with whats out there.. An 8.90/8.70 index would be a fun index tho.
Your not racing "heads up", your racing in an 8.50 index class if thats the cap. So your saying that you dont mind racing 10.0 car? It sounds like your one of the "players" in this class that can run 8.50, so thats you-Jay and what two others? Tight field there guys. Going from 9.0 to 8.50 in a "street car" is huge jump that most cannot afford, slow it down to 8.90/9.0 and the class will grow while also being much more competitive and making it a drivers race over a wallet class. You can always hold a grudge match day to run the few players all out for the bragging rights of the cars.

Originally Posted by Quick Time

Ok new rules to the QT8. Light Blue Vettes that are Supercharged has to run with 500 lbs of sand bags in his car.
He would still be faster then you...

ok, you guys can bash away now, I'm a big boy and can take it. I do not plan on running in this class (mostly because of logistics) so say what you want about that too, but I will stick to a 10.0 index class where my present car fits, just like the other 10.0+ cars should stay. My work here is done.
Old 12-21-2010, 05:16 PM
Race your car!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Maybe a seperate n/a and power adder class would be enough to seperate things out?

If not an index... the only other way is to start with the power/weight ratio deal (x amount of CI = X weight), and have base weights for each power adder type... 2800 min for n/a plus X amount for every CI over X, nitrous 3xxx and x amount for every CI, same with supercharger and turbo and limit the blower and turbo size.

Only problem with that, is you'll run out of cars that fit in about 5 seconds, unless you open it up to all EFI equipped GM cars..

Good luck getting it sorted out, I hope that a good common place is found that will work for all involved. The series has alot of potential to grow with the right decisions, it's at a crossroad right now from the looks of it. With the right rules... the potential is great.
Old 12-21-2010, 08:10 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by JL ws-6
Only problem with that, is you'll run out of cars that fit in about 5 seconds, unless you open it up to all EFI equipped GM cars..
It is open to all GM EFI cars.

What would it take for you to join us?

-
Old 12-21-2010, 08:28 PM
8 Second Club

-
Not its not just LSX stuff
Old 12-21-2010, 08:32 PM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by JL ws-6
Maybe a seperate n/a and power adder class would be enough to seperate things out?

If not an index... the only other way is to start with the power/weight ratio deal (x amount of CI = X weight), and have base weights for each power adder type... 2800 min for n/a plus X amount for every CI over X, nitrous 3xxx and x amount for every CI, same with supercharger and turbo and limit the blower and turbo size.

Good luck getting it sorted out, I hope that a good common place is found that will work for all involved. The series has alot of potential to grow with the right decisions, it's at a crossroad right now from the looks of it. With the right rules... the potential is great.
not enought turn out to start making a ton of rules need to draw more cars befor you can do that
Old 12-21-2010, 08:35 PM
Launching!

No, its not just LSX stuff
OH, my bad.

Hummm?
Old 12-22-2010, 04:32 AM
Race your car!

-
First me finish the car LOL. That's gonna take a while.

2nd, it would have to get opened to all GM EFI equipped cars.. as the fate is what lies in the engine bay is not decided.. and I am not going to build for just one class.
Old 12-22-2010, 04:33 AM
Race your car!

not enought turn out to start making a ton of rules need to draw more cars befor you can do that
You're right, I agree. Opening it up to all GM EFI cars, would probably solve that issue.
Old 12-22-2010, 02:48 PM
Teching In

I see that Raceway Park has published the 2011 Points Sign-up / Registration form... But, I do not see anything for EFI other than the brackets.

http://racewaypark.com/mydocuments/p...rm_2011web.pdf

Are there other EFI series / indexes, etc., running in 2011? If yes, where do you sign up for points in those?

Sorry for my
Old 12-23-2010, 07:32 PM
8 Second Club

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

I vote for an 8.0 index...
Old 12-23-2010, 08:04 PM
9 Second Club

I guess with a 25-5 upgrade an 8.0 index wont b an issue..
Old 12-23-2010, 08:42 PM
8 Second Club

I vote for 8.50 but i personally think 8.9 or 9.0 will make for some good racing

Last edited by SSPerformance; 12-24-2010 at 02:52 PM.
Old 12-23-2010, 09:00 PM
10 Second Club

Received 199 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by Digivex
I see that Raceway Park has published the 2011 Points Sign-up / Registration form... But, I do not see anything for EFI other than the brackets.

http://racewaypark.com/mydocuments/p...rm_2011web.pdf

Are there other EFI series / indexes, etc., running in 2011? If yes, where do you sign up for points in those?

Sorry for my
I guess it's safe to say there's no more EFI 11.50 index...
Old 12-24-2010, 07:13 AM
Race your car!

I vote for 8.50 but i personally think 8.9 or 9.0 will make for some good race
That is a realistic speed that you can push an ls powered car to, and still have it stay together for a season at a time.

8.50, you're getting close to the limit, 8.0 you're now into a range of speed that most with this platform will never get to, and the ones that do/have done it already know, that they generally don't stay together all that well. To do that you're looking at a turbo setup that isn't gonna run with a muffler on it (current requirment), a s/c car could do it, but there's not too many that have gotten there with one, nitrous can do it, but it's lke everything else it's not going to stay together for any extended period of time. Plus now you're talking about a car that's got close to 100 grand tied up in it, eliminating 99% of the guys out there as well.

Whatever is done it has to be something that will attract at least 20 to 30 cars per event, so that you can have close to a full 32 car field, which will make for enough entry fee's, to actually have a decent payout, then if you want it to be a quick 8 clsss, there has to be something for the rest of the cars to race towards as well, for the guys that didn't make the top 8, much like MIR does with the 275 class, they take the top 8 for one class, and the next 8 got to another race out. Set it up so you have enough cars showing up, to either race out to the finals (make it a 32 car field) or remain with the quick 8 and let the other 24 race out as a secondary field.

Car count, is critical, regardless what is done. Without it, you will never have the basis to get the $ together to have a decent payout, which in the end, is what gets guys coming. Trophies are nice, but that gets old after a while. Racers want a shot at some $$ for their efforts.
Old 12-24-2010, 08:05 AM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by C5_Pete
I guess it's safe to say there's no more EFI 11.50 index...
There hasn't been any official information regarding the EFI races yet.
Old 12-24-2010, 08:33 AM
10 Second Club

Received 199 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by Firehawk441
There hasn't been any official information regarding the EFI races yet.
I was just assuming based on the points sign up form from RP. It lists EFI brackets but no EFI indexes.

I realize car count was horrible last year, but, I'd like to see the class return.
Old 12-24-2010, 09:15 AM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by C5_Pete
I was just assuming based on the points sign up form from RP. It lists EFI brackets but no EFI indexes.

I realize car count was horrible last year, but, I'd like to see the class return.
I would also like to see the 11.5 class return but It looks doubtful...
Old 12-24-2010, 10:54 AM
9 Second Club

When will rules n dates be posted?? I want to dedicate my self to some classes in division 1 n want to see how the dates work with other races.
Old 12-24-2010, 02:54 PM
8 Second Club

When will rules n dates be posted?? I want to dedicate my self to some classes in division 1 n want to see how the dates work with other races.
We made a new rule anyways no C5 verts
Old 12-27-2010, 01:54 PM
Teching In

Looks like some of you see where I was going, hopefully the dates/rules get posted soon because I would like to arrange my work schedule to make at least one of these, even if I'm just spectating. Sounds like some of you have some bad *** cars that I would like to see in action.