Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

*****ocean city cruise****2011******

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2011, 07:04 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by C5kid
$45 for a burn out
and dont forget making the tires squeel equals the same amount so make it count!!!!

Old 01-14-2011, 07:16 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

not to be an ignorant stereotypical 15yo but in my defense i am IMO a good bit more experienced than others or slightly older people in my age group seeing as i have driven in very crowded areas, in some instances in a dually gmc with a 20 couple foot trailer behind it. and have driven our tri axle road tractor with a quad axle low boy trailer. (the combination being 75ft total length)
Old 01-14-2011, 07:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by mikep2002
To my knowledge burnouts are classified 2 different ways... If there are people present they add more to the fine and call indangering others or something along those lines. I never do burnouts always got caught in a race.
whats the fine for racing? don't you get a suspended license for that?
Old 01-14-2011, 07:41 PM
Teching In

and dont forget making the tires squeel equals the same amount so make it count!!!!

"Were you racin' the guy back there?"
Old 01-14-2011, 07:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by C5kid
$45 for a burn out
you think they will cut that in half for us ''peg leg'' burnouts like myself? lol
Old 01-14-2011, 08:01 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by 98ragz28
not to be an ignorant stereotypical 15yo but in my defense i am IMO a good bit more experienced than others or slightly older people in my age group seeing as i have driven in very crowded areas, in some instances in a dually gmc with a 20 couple foot trailer behind it. and have driven our tri axle road tractor with a quad axle low boy trailer. (the combination being 75ft total length)
I am sure you can drive all of those quite well... Willing to bet they all can go 0-60 in 30seconds. You have no idea what the closing rate of a vechicle wide open throttle is with a car right next to you on the street trully is... But we are talking about real life driving experience.... I am sure your one hell of a driver... And its a free country just giving you some common sense. If you were driving down in a station wagon or an SUV I would say go for it. Just in a hot rod down there with your age and having been there before its a very big no no... There is a reason why 16yr old insurance rates are what they are. Its only advice thats all... Look forward to meeting you at the tech meet.
Old 01-14-2011, 08:09 PM
Staging Lane

well its a bit under 30secs. but anyway my dad would be there and if i would do something stupid or drive like a moron, (not just there but any where) he's already promised me that it'll go to the crusher and he'll knock some sense into me. but yeah more than likely ill be there. maybe not driving the whole time, but ill be there
Old 01-14-2011, 09:12 PM
Teching In

I gotta go against my better judgment and agree with mikeP here....lol

In all seriousness, racing during this week in OC is a HUGE gamble....the cops could give a damn about your car or the guy you are racing....its the kids on the sidewalks, people getting on the bus, walking drunk in the crosswalks, etc....its a serious public safety issue

There is so much happening down there that your head will be on a swivel....the only time I have been involved in any "spirited driving" was after midnight in less congested areas....racing during this show/cruise is really dangerous, IMO
Old 01-14-2011, 09:12 PM
11 Second Club

I am sure you can drive all of those quite well... Willing to bet they all can go 0-60 in 30seconds. You have no idea what the closing rate of a vechicle wide open throttle is with a car right next to you on the street trully is... But we are talking about real life driving experience.... I am sure your one hell of a driver... And its a free country just giving you some common sense. If you were driving down in a station wagon or an SUV I would say go for it. Just in a hot rod down there with your age and having been there before its a very big no no... There is a reason why 16yr old insurance rates are what they are. Its only advice thats all... Look forward to meeting you at the tech meet.

This^^ Just get you a slow grocery getter to drive around.
Old 01-14-2011, 09:25 PM
Staging Lane

well im actually scared of my car so i probably wont drive like a moron and i dont want to end up like my dad. he removed the front clip and firewall from his camaro when he was 16 by way of fire hydrant. broke his leg off at the knee. luckily it was saved but now hes suffering the consequences. i also hate digging fiberglass out of my skin. but sorry for the hijack, guess i should have expected the flaming for having a camaro
Old 01-14-2011, 10:46 PM
9 Second Club

well im actually scared of my car so i probably wont drive like a moron and i dont want to end up like my dad. he removed the front clip and firewall from his camaro when he was 16 by way of fire hydrant. broke his leg off at the knee. luckily it was saved but now hes suffering the consequences. i also hate digging fiberglass out of my skin. but sorry for the hijack, guess i should have expected the flaming for having a camaro
Sunshine nobody is flaming you. Just a bit concerned more or less about you hurting someone. If dad is going to be with you and you will be doing some spirited driving with dad in the car I am ok with that... But listen very well to him I willing to bet he will be more focused on you and the other people. Its just about doing some pulls if your rowing gears down there you are in real trouble. Hey we were all 16 at one point nothing more we wanted but to go hot rodding in our cars. Its just the level of traffic in the town and the amount of sideroads cars come out of... Just asking to be extremely careful and not get sucked into a pull with a car in a bad situation.
Old 01-15-2011, 07:31 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by outkast6991
whats the fines for burnouts and such down there? seems like alot of people don't care about getting tickets
Depends. There is a ticket for Screeching the Tires which is 1 point on your license in MD. Depending on where you live it will transfer over. For example a buddy of mine got 2 of those tickets in October OCMD. Points transferred to NJ which equaled 2 points EACH ticket. Sucks big time, but you pay to play. Most of it was bullshit though.
Old 01-15-2011, 10:07 AM
On The Tree

actually mine was a 70 dallor 1 point spinning wheels charger but i was sea foaming my car so it look like i was doin a mo fo john force burn out on a back street lmao but i did kick it sideways comin back torwads coastal from a side street
Old 01-15-2011, 10:13 AM
On The Tree

i have also been told a burnout is 100 dallors a foot is this true??? if so i know of a road that has 40k dallors laid on it lmao
Old 01-15-2011, 10:18 AM
9 Second Club

Where is Rockstar at???? I know he has a buddy down there that is an OCMD cop...
Old 01-15-2011, 10:59 AM
11 Second Club

Where is Rockstar at???? I know he has a buddy down there that is an OCMD cop...
Me right here...lol Ya Ben isnt down there anymore. He is a cop way up north now..
Old 01-15-2011, 11:24 AM
Teching In

my two OC tix for burnouts were 70-something each...
Old 01-15-2011, 01:31 PM
Launching!

No one is flaming you, trust me. If people were flaming you, they wouldn't take the time to type out a long intelligent response like everyone has been doing. We are all just speaking from experience.

I am almost 30 years old and have been driving for quite some time. But every once in a while you will have a close call, even when just driving normally in your daily commute. Don't take this the wrong way, but while you may *think* you are a good driver at 15, TRUST ME... you are not as good as you think. That is not a personal cut on you, I'm speaking generally about anyone.

Even if you do decide to go down there and cruise around driving yourself with the greatest intentions of not getting into any shenanigans, you can't predict how you will react if you are at a stop light in front of a pretty little lady, or if a car is revving next to you. Controlling yourself in those situations will come with age and experience.

So if you are driving down there, be safe and have fun. But please heed the good advice of other more seasoned members on here who are just looking out for ya.
Old 01-15-2011, 03:39 PM
On The Tree

the next person to say shenanigans around here is gonna get pistol whipped lmfao!
Old 01-15-2011, 03:42 PM
On The Tree

but yes as much as you hate to hear it at a young age and i know from myself only turning 20 later this year is that it straight sucks to hear you dont have the driving experience to be doing what you are doing <--told this by a cop talk about how much you wanted to be like bullshit watch this lol but believe me i have had a hand full of close calls that would of ended my life for sure. but it is better to take in ones advise then to learn it first hand.

Quick Reply: *****ocean city cruise****2011******