Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Nitro, Eleanor, Charleston WV area?

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2011, 07:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Nitro, Eleanor, Charleston WV area?

Going to be in the area from feb to nov and was wondering what it's like? I will be there training national guard soldiers. Want to bring the car up but not sure what the weather is like in the area. How is the crime rate and is there a group of you guys in the area that meet up?
Old 01-06-2011, 08:55 PM
12 Second Club

Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts

Nitro is right next to St Albans, and 2 really good friends of mine who are girls are from st albans, they say that all the girls in Nitro are "huge *****", that quote is all I've heard about nitro. My brother, myself and my fiance went to a bar in St Albans over thanksgiving with our friends, (me and my brother are from CT, my fiance is from brooklyn), we walked through that door and it was like nothing Id ever seen, camoflage everywhere, whole tables covered in budweiser bottles iwth only 3 ladys sitting around it, couldnt understand a freaking word anybody was saying because the accents were so thick, but everyone was extremely nice, as you will find anywhere in WV. I went to school at WVU in morgantown for 5 years, but st albans, nitro, that whole area is nothing like morgantown. Huntington is the fattest city in the country, my grandparents live there. In charleston you can see hookers on the street mid afternoon on sundays. I have a cabin in Clay county, and that county is probably where the WV stereotype came from. Great people, but extremely hillbilly. As for your car, 79 is great for our cars, speed limit is 70 and cops dont bother you till above 80. BEAUTIFUL to drive through the mountains. NEVER SPEED IN SUMMERSVILLE. I never found much of an F body crowd out there, more STIs and EVOs in that area because of how hilly and snowy it can get, but since you are there for the summer you will be fine.
Old 01-09-2011, 07:38 PM

im from Winfield, wv..right across the river from Eleanor and the armory. 5 minute drive tops. crime is basically non existant in this area. its in the 20s and 30s right now and kinda snowy. i have a few friends in the guard over in eleanor..hit me up when you get up this way.
Old 01-10-2011, 09:39 PM
TECH Enthusiast

alright