TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Gun show in Marlboro, MA this weekend

details here:
http://users.erols.com/fasttrack/loc/mar/MARLBORO.htm
Old 04-04-2011, 10:48 AM
Humanitarian

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I was up there, purchased some small stuff. Pretty cool way to spend a Sunday morning!
Old 04-04-2011, 04:33 PM
CARTEK Racing

Was at the King of Prussia gun show this past weekend... holy poop was it packed!

People must be getting scared that Obama may be re-elected....

No good deals to speak off, internet prices can't be beat. Just got some ammo cans and a few boxes of 40S&W and 9mm...
Old 04-04-2011, 09:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

This one was packed too. I didn't buy but it was fun to look, lots of good stuff. Problem is I rented an AR15 at the range up in Manchester NH a few weeks ago. Now I have gun fever, need to buy something.
Old 04-05-2011, 07:07 AM
Humanitarian

Dont buy out of haste, I did and I filled up a gun safe.... very expensive and theres no harm in slowly buying stuff and reading up on what your about to buy to realize you may want the same item but a different model, brand etc.

WS6 - I got stuff like the cans as well, just little things I thought were cool.
Old 04-05-2011, 03:01 PM
CARTEK Racing

massls1guy,

research the **** out of the AR you buy. and not on here either lol.

buy once, cry once... you know? Even living in a ban-state you have an unlimited number of options just have to make sure to stay away from the "evil features" and you are good 2 go!

Don't buy an AR just because you hear someone say "thats what the Army uses" or thinks like that.

this is the best place to start: http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?k...jFwPrgTA#gid=2

easily the best way to pick a good AR.

Joe,
not going to buy out of fear. more ammo is always good, means i can train more and shoot more. i have 2 stripped lowers sitting here, one for a light weight build for the fiance and one for... well... not sure yet. I have a M4 pattern AR and an SPR which will shoot under MOA. I may want to build me a Recce or posibly a SAM-R rifle in the future. And obviously once I get the hell out of NJ I will build a suppresses SBR.

Right now, aside for the parts i need for her rifle, ill only pick up parts that are wear items. one or 2 extra bolt carrier groups is my #1 goal.

Im and well tuned into the AR world, so I know exactly what im looking for.

Old 04-05-2011, 10:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Good advice Joe, thanks.

WS6, great pictures and info in the link. I really enjoyed shooting the AR but I don't think I'm going to buy one... yet.

Right now I'm leaning towards an M1 Garand. I've always liked it, and the M1A. I was thinking about ordering one through the Civilian Marksmanship Program. Haven't made up my mind yet.
http://www.thecmp.org/.
Old 04-05-2011, 10:26 PM
On The Tree

Whoops... Guess I came to the wrong convention center .

WS6TransAm... Definitely saving that link for later! Looks like some good info.

Sucks that they won't let me buy out here in Pennsy... Was debating transferring my address to this house I'm renting but it's not in my name so can't be done. =/ Tried picking up a rifle and they told me I still needed NJ Permits... Guess I'm going to Tennessee.
Old 04-06-2011, 06:56 AM
Humanitarian

Look into your C&R license, it's done through the mail with the ATF and you can purchase surplus WW1 & WW2 style firearms for very short money. Mosin Nagants for 80.00, Lee Enfeild's for under 250.00 and rifles of that era for sometimes half of what you'd pay in a local store. With the C&R license you pay 30.00 for 3 years and you can even have those firearms shipped directly to your house.

Mail the C&R license to several stores like Midway and they'll even ship reloading supplies and other things to your house that you normally arent even allowed to mail order.

The M1 is a really nice rifle and fires the stout 30.06 round, some are even chambered in .308 (NATO 7.62). The M1 carbine and M1A are also really nice rifles. I always thought I'd be more of a pistol guy because I can carry but I can only carry 1 pistol at a time so whatever. Rifles are really fun when shooting over a distance.

CMP is less expensive then local stores and C&R is even cheaper.
Old 04-06-2011, 08:26 AM
On The Tree

Hmm. No idea that existed. Definitely looking into it when I get home from work. Seems well worth it. I was just thinking of an M1 last night, but had no idea sonething like a C&R existed.
Old 04-06-2011, 09:07 AM
CARTEK Racing

M1 carbine is listed in the NJ Assault Weapons Ban as a no-go so make sure your state does not list it by name as well.

Rouch,
In NJ you need your Fire Arms Purchase ID Card which is easy enough to get, just takes a month or so. Law states that it can not take longer than 4 weeks, but of course, it does.

Once you have it, you can purchase a long gun anywhere as long as they have the NJ paperwork... that's the problem. Some gun shops in PA have the paperwork, some don't. You also have to purchase a long gun that is legal in NJ. So if its an AR you cant have a flash hider or ability to install one ie. threaded barrel, cant have a collapsible stock, detachable box magazine of greater than 15 round capacity, bayonet lug. Most Shops in PA know whats legal in NJ and what is not.

I bought an NJ legal AK-type rifle [Since the AK is listed by name in NJ as a no-go] in PA.

The AR-15, CAR-15 are also listed as banned in NJ. That is why no manufacturer officially calls them an AR15 anymore lol. Bushmaster's crap is named XM15, Colt is 6920, Noveske is N4, Daniel Defense is DDM4 lol you get the picture...
Old 04-06-2011, 09:18 AM
On The Tree

Haha yeah, NJ laws suck. Ive got family in TN and the laws there are so lenient... My cousin gets bored and just trades his guns all the time.

Ive got the purchaser id form filled out just dont have time to turn it in and get fingerprinted haha. But, ive been curious if id get denied for a weed possession charge. Havent gotten it expunged yet
Old 04-06-2011, 10:25 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Joe "Preachers Sheets" DIESO
Look into your C&R license, it's done through the mail with the ATF and you can purchase surplus WW1 & WW2 style firearms for very short money. Mosin Nagants for 80.00, Lee Enfeild's for under 250.00 and rifles of that era for sometimes half of what you'd pay in a local store. With the C&R license you pay 30.00 for 3 years and you can even have those firearms shipped directly to your house.

Mail the C&R license to several stores like Midway and they'll even ship reloading supplies and other things to your house that you normally arent even allowed to mail order.

The M1 is a really nice rifle and fires the stout 30.06 round, some are even chambered in .308 (NATO 7.62). The M1 carbine and M1A are also really nice rifles. I always thought I'd be more of a pistol guy because I can carry but I can only carry 1 pistol at a time so whatever. Rifles are really fun when shooting over a distance.

CMP is less expensive then local stores and C&R is even cheaper.
Wow, never heard if it. That's exactly what I need. Thanks for the info Joe, much appreciated.
Old 04-08-2011, 11:26 AM
Staging Lane

I was also at the show in King of Prussia. Ended up buying a Mosin-Nagant.