Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

George Mason University

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2011, 09:05 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default George Mason University

Any of you guys go to GMU? I'm considering economics graduate school at GMU Fall 2012.
Old 04-15-2011, 09:48 AM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have a friend who's older brother that went there. Loved it. He was also worked there for a few years in the Admission Department. Before he took a job at another college.
Old 04-15-2011, 09:53 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by dschmittie1
I have a friend who's older brother that went there. Loved it. He was also worked there for a few years in the Admission Department. Before he took a job at another college.
Hey, that's good to hear. They have a great Austrian/free market economics program. Ideally, I'd like to maybe find someone from Tech who could put up a graduate student for a couple of years. Of course, I'd have my B.S. and would be working. Renting a room would be much more affordable.
Old 04-15-2011, 11:12 AM
11 Second Club

I almost went there for undergrad the campus is wicked nice and seemed like a great place to go. Great area too right outside of dc in fairfax. I visited the school but decieded id rather pay 13k a year in state rather then 30k a year out of state so i ended up at westfield state university
Old 04-15-2011, 11:16 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by CamaroRacing12
I almost went there for undergrad the campus is wicked nice and seemed like a great place to go. Great area too right outside of dc in fairfax. I visited the school but decieded id rather pay 13k a year in state rather then 30k a year out of state so i ended up at westfield state university
That is a lot of money. The graduate tuition out-of-state credit hour rate is $1046. It would cost around $30K for the M.A.
Old 04-15-2011, 11:24 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Shackleford
That is a lot of money. The graduate tuition out-of-state credit hour rate is $1046. It would cost around $30K for the M.A.
Thats not bad at all. I say go for it. Have u visited the campus? Its gorgeous. Im in my final year of my B.A. in economics as well actually but i think my interests are in sales and/or marketing when i graduate.
Old 04-15-2011, 11:31 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by CamaroRacing12
Thats not bad at all. I say go for it. Have u visited the campus? Its gorgeous. Im in my final year of my B.A. in economics as well actually but i think my interests are in sales and/or marketing when i graduate.
I haven't visited it yet. That may be a good trip to take sometime this year. I specifically looked for non-Keynesian-focused programs that teach Austrian and free market economics, e.g. NYU, Suffolk, WVU, GMU, etc. I will graduate next Spring with a B.S. Mathematics and Physics minor. I have taken only Intermediate Macroeconomic Theory. I hope they let me in.
Old 04-15-2011, 01:15 PM
11 Second Club

Im sure if ur grades r good ull be fine. Im graduating in may with a B.A. in economics and history. I plan to test the job market in boston this summer.

Last edited by CamaroRacing12; 04-15-2011 at 01:25 PM.