Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Anyone own a cobalt SS??

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2011, 11:17 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had a 05 years ago. way before the turbo ones. mine had a ported eaton, zzp pulley, full exhaust, injectors, clutch... she ran good till it blew a hole through the block.. opps
Old 06-23-2011, 11:18 AM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SLOW SEDAN
Craigslist... they aren't wear items so I purchased them used. There are tons of these items available on the forums, craigslist, ebay, etc.. Kinda silly to pay that much for new.

I laughed when I saw the wastegate is blocked off from the factory, horrible flow! No wonder the downpipe adds so much power, probably did that as an easy way to lower the power rating from the STI.
OK that makes more sense. I was thinking there's no way you bought parts new and made that power. Used parts needs to be specified. LOL

What TBE set up do you have? You have a divorced dp? off the shelf map, or protune??

Back to OP- I say go WRX. AWD is the best platform for a DD in New England.
Old 06-23-2011, 12:51 PM
8 Second Club

Received 945 Likes on 701 Posts

Originally Posted by MaSTi
OK that makes more sense. I was thinking there's no way you bought parts new and made that power. Used parts needs to be specified. LOL

What TBE set up do you have? You have a divorced dp? off the shelf map, or protune??

Back to OP- I say go WRX. AWD is the best platform for a DD in New England.
Agree, this thing can blast through a foot of snow with no problem. I was out on the road with the Jeeps during the snow storms, haha.

Its a bellmouth I think they call it, its seperated inside though. Just a generic stage 2 map I downloaded.

Found a place local that will do dyno tunes so I may sell the Accessport and get a new tune from them and pretty much break even. If I go that route then I'll throw an equal length header, intake, and whatever else on before I go.
Old 06-23-2011, 03:30 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SLOW SEDAN
Agree, this thing can blast through a foot of snow with no problem. I was out on the road with the Jeeps during the snow storms, haha.

Its a bellmouth I think they call it, its seperated inside though. Just a generic stage 2 map I downloaded.

Found a place local that will do dyno tunes so I may sell the Accessport and get a new tune from them and pretty much break even. If I go that route then I'll throw an equal length header, intake, and whatever else on before I go.
I felt the safest in my STi's during the winter. I have a AWD Forester and AWD Acadia, but nothing is better than my STi. You keep the feel of a sports car with the security of a SUV. All my buddies loved my cars when they both rode and drove my car.

As far as power mods.....open source is cheapest way to tune them. All you need are exhaust and tune to make sick power. If you do mod, I would higly suggest upgrading internals....yes it's over kill, but rings are the weak link in making power.
Old 06-24-2011, 08:58 AM
TECH Junkie

Going to look at a 06 today in NH has 42,000 miles
Old 06-24-2011, 02:13 PM
TECH Junkie

Well another waste of gas and time for me...

Car had a couple small issues, nothing major so we sit to talk numbers I tell him what I am looking to get. He goes on to tell me the trade in value of my car in NADA is 13,300 but he is offering to give me 9000 LOL Does that even make any sense???

Guess I am just going to wait until someone buys my truck
Old 06-24-2011, 09:57 PM
Launching!

Good luck with the search Marco. I landed mine for $12g's w/39k and all the options minus the Recaro seats. Completely stock. Found it on Autotrader at a dealership actually.
Old 06-24-2011, 09:59 PM
TECH Junkie

Does your have the G85 package?
Old 06-25-2011, 08:39 AM
TECH Fanatic

Krazy,

If you can get the funds together yourself (either in cash or your own financing) I would definately browse craigslist. Some awesome deals are out there! If you tell me EXACTLY what you are looking for, I'd be more than happy to look a bit down here as well.
Old 06-25-2011, 05:54 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Kenny H
Krazy,

If you can get the funds together yourself (either in cash or your own financing) I would definately browse craigslist. Some awesome deals are out there! If you tell me EXACTLY what you are looking for, I'd be more than happy to look a bit down here as well.
Basically I want a 06/07 SS/SC under 50,000 miles, must have G85 package which is the limited slip differential. I prefer Black but would look at other colors if the price is right.

Wish my truck would sell quick because I found one I am in love with for a great price in NY.

Marco
Old 06-26-2011, 05:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a stock '09 SS with all the goodies. It's a great DD. I've run both 87 and 93 octane at times and achieved 30mpg with both.
Old 06-28-2011, 04:40 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Krazy98Z28
Does your have the G85 package?
Yup, G85 too.

Quick Reply: Anyone own a cobalt SS??