Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Lebanon Valley TnT Wed Nights

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2011, 03:33 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Lebanon Valley TnT Wed Nights

Has anyone ever gone to the Wed. night events at LVD? Just wondering what the crowd is like, how many runs you can get in, and so on. I'm thinking about going over vacation to a Wed. show. Can't go any other time because I don't even get home from work till 6 PM or later.
Old 06-29-2011, 04:03 PM
TECH Resident

I usually go once or twice a year. Turnout depends on the weather, the better it is for racing the more people come. You can pretty much count on 3-4 runs. The pure street bracket class gets priority over T&T. I usually do that because even if you lose first round you still get your two time trial passes plus one elimination run. Typically a handful of ricers show up for T&T but not too bad. Track prep is ok but then again you rarely if ever see single digit cars there on a Wednesday. I'll probably make a trip up in the fall.
Old 06-29-2011, 08:58 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I go pretty much every wed after late aug when it gets cooler. Like FORMULA said it depends mainly on the weather. You can expect a solid 3-4 runs easily though as they run the track pretty quickly.
Old 06-30-2011, 09:46 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

It's been quite a few years since I've gone but there used to be a decent ricer contingent (to whip up on). But yeah, your best bet is to do the time trials, T&T I remember getting about 3 runs.

Also noticed they change the rules a couple years and you can't run slicks anymore, street tires only.

Still good for making a few passes and having some fun. Realize you're probably not going to get A+ track prep or set a personal best, but the practice is always good.
Old 06-30-2011, 10:28 AM
Internet Mechanic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I used to go ALL the time in 2003/2004 but thats before fuel cost went through the roof. I actual won an event there so thats kinda cool. Most people can't even say that.

Track prep has been better then in years past but still not going to be good like on a weekend race day or track rental. Although one time I got my BEST street tire (non DR) 60 foot due to someone making NHRA Lic passes and it was a Turbo Regal and they prepped the crap out of the track. Never had that happend ever again, also I never went back driving on a real street tire lol.

Do yourself a favor is enter the bracket race. ON AVERAGE you get 2 test runs and 1 round and if you lose, you can go right into TNT, I would double chk just in case but most times you can. Barring any siginifgant shut downs you can get anywhere between 2-5 runs but average is around 3.

Also get there early so you can get through tech inspection quickly and allow you time to cool down the car, play with tire PSI and whatever else you need.

Remember to bring a Rated Helmet as most cars need it no matter what and its good practice. Make sure your not leaking, shut off the A/C, and the battery is held down and you should be fine.
Old 06-30-2011, 10:43 AM
TECH Resident

I just remembered what Aaron pointed out, if you get bounced out of the brackets you can still run T&T, just on Wednesday nights, so ya might as well race.
Old 06-30-2011, 10:58 AM
10 Second Club

I usually go over on Sat. mornings and have gotten anywhere from 4-12 runs in. I don't know if I want to waste my time for 3 runs.
Old 06-30-2011, 11:16 AM
Internet Mechanic

Last time I checked it's far cheaper to run on Wednesday vs Saturday or Sunday. But again you can be waiting a while as for Saturday their priority tends to be for cars running for Sunday.
Old 06-30-2011, 11:26 AM
TECH Resident

Unless they changed it Wednesdays are $20 and Saturdays are $30
Old 06-30-2011, 12:58 PM
10 Second Club

$35 for Sat. and to get that many more runs in is worth the extra $10 to me. Plus if I break I still have daylight to figure things out.
Old 06-30-2011, 01:29 PM
Internet Mechanic

Also to mention on TnT you need a fully muffled exhaust, so no cut out and they do pay attention to elec cut outs. Got yanked after waiting 2 hours, quite pissed and went home early.

I do like TnT Wednesdays as you get stuff that you may see on the street so its kinda cool to go crush something off the track or get waxed, its all in good fun.

But racing the A-holes in the event running a 19 sec Dodge Minivan since its consistant and almost never looses is a PAIN especially if your running points and they are not. That would royally **** me off for sure.
Old 06-30-2011, 06:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

went last night, got in 6 runs. Didnt even know theyre was an actual racing event going on haha, missed that. Care to explain? can anyone enter?
Old 06-30-2011, 06:58 PM
TECH Resident

Yup, when you check in say you're running Pure Street. It's bracket racing, two time trial passes and then eliminations start. Your car should be great as long as it is dead hooking, all you need to do is cut a good light.
Old 06-30-2011, 10:14 PM
Staging Lane

I actually ran last night and I won't be going back for a street night. The track was horrible. I don't think it was the prep so much as the people that don't know that they're supposed to drive around the water box.

Even with my line lock the tires kept pushing through the box because of how damp it was. Best 60' was a pathetic 1.78 best et was an 11.9.

I'd really stick with the weekends, you'll be much happier.
Old 07-01-2011, 06:36 AM
Internet Mechanic

Part of it is prep but also part of it is how the car is set up and what adjustments can be made to accomondate for crappy track conditions. Down at LVD you almost need a dedicated bias ply (ET DRAG) in order to do anything. But ultimately imports and non fast RWD card rolling through the box will hinder any guy.

Learning M6 racing is an interesting thing and I do very much enjoy it but def can/will be breaking parts if your not careful.

I agree with sticking with Saturdays but IMO if your looking for a PB wait till the Fall, all it is now is having fun, working on suspension (see again Saturday or rentals), or practicing (rentals).

With my work now its near impossible to get up there on Wednesday let alone the economy. So if you can run, your doing good.

Last edited by BlackScreaminMachine; 07-01-2011 at 06:44 AM.
Old 07-01-2011, 01:09 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by 94zrag
I actually ran last night and I won't be going back for a street night. The track was horrible. I don't think it was the prep so much as the people that don't know that they're supposed to drive around the water box.

Even with my line lock the tires kept pushing through the box because of how damp it was. Best 60' was a pathetic 1.78 best et was an 11.9.

I'd really stick with the weekends, you'll be much happier.
That sucks man. I'll be going over on the 9th, maybe we'll see you there.
Old 07-01-2011, 04:20 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Mystery Bird
That sucks man. I'll be going over on the 9th, maybe we'll see you there.
As long as it's a nice day and under 85* I'll be there.
Old 07-03-2011, 10:11 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by BlackScreaminMachine
Part of it is prep but also part of it is how the car is set up and what adjustments can be made to accomondate for crappy track conditions. Down at LVD you almost need a dedicated bias ply (ET DRAG) in order to do anything. But ultimately imports and non fast RWD card rolling through the box will hinder any guy.

Learning M6 racing is an interesting thing and I do very much enjoy it but def can/will be breaking parts if your not careful.

I agree with sticking with Saturdays but IMO if your looking for a PB wait till the Fall, all it is now is having fun, working on suspension (see again Saturday or rentals), or practicing (rentals).

With my work now its near impossible to get up there on Wednesday let alone the economy. So if you can run, your doing good.
Agreed, very rarely there is decent track prep.