10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Arnold who.......
Attached Thumbnails 15lbs to go......Then its more training, cardio-js218.jpg  
Old 08-18-2011, 04:16 PM
JS
10 Second Club

I can give advice on losing 180+ cause thats what I've done...
19 months...Diet Diet Diet, Not starving yourself but eating 6 times a day and very very clean..One cheat meal a week...1 and thats it, Cardio (HIIT TRAINING) 5 days a week...Starting out very slow with cardio, HIIT will come but if your outta shape do not try to do it u could drop dead...Weight training 5 days a week...Supplements but thats too long to get into so I suggest u read read read..

And.................TRAIN HARD, TRAIN SMART, EAT CLEAN AND REST

JS
Old 08-18-2011, 04:21 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JS
I can give advice on losing 180+ cause thats what I've done...
19 months...Diet Diet Diet, Not starving yourself but eating 6 times a day and very very clean..One cheat meal a week...1 and thats it, Cardio (HIIT TRAINING) 5 days a week...Starting out very slow with cardio, HIIT will come but if your outta shape do not try to do it u could drop dead...Weight training 5 days a week...Supplements but thats too long to get into so I suggest u read read read..

And.................TRAIN HARD, TRAIN SMART, EAT CLEAN AND REST

JS
So once you get down to the weight you are happy with, are you going to go for a clean bulk and try to put on some muscle mass ? Maybe get into some bodybuilding or power lifting ?
Old 08-18-2011, 07:04 PM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Congrats Joe!
Old 08-22-2011, 08:07 PM
TECH Addict

Damn! We met once roughly 6-7 years ago at an Atco track rental you organized. I wouldn't have recognized you at all nor would I have believed it was you... You look totally different. Keep up the good work man it's definitely paying off.
Old 08-22-2011, 09:19 PM
TECH Apprentice

From someone who weighs 135lbs wet...sometimes it's hard to appreciate what kind of accomplishment that is. My uncle lost over 150lbs he had to be close to your weight. He can do so many things he once couldn't do. Simply getting up and running the the grocery store was a huge task for him. Now he has a harley and can go up and down the blue ridge mountains. Keep it up man.

Already dropped a couple tenths!
Old 08-23-2011, 06:16 AM
Launching!

Joel good to see you doing so well. You definitly inspired me and gave me the kick in the *** I needed to start getting back into shape since I was a disgrace of a former Marine.

Follow Joels advice and you will do well. I started this back in mid May at 272lbs and I am already down to 238lbs.
Old 08-24-2011, 08:45 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Way to go man!!!

I lost 60 lbs (355 -> 295)in 6 months on my last co-op session but my senior year of college I packed 30 of it back on. Now that I graduated I am back to hitting the gym after work (started this week) and I hope to go from ~320-5 where I am now and get down to like 240 and see where we go from there.

How tall are you?

I think the hardest thing for me to cut is going to be beer
Old 08-24-2011, 03:32 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Thumbs up

great work man.

now get some juice and HGH and ladies will flock to you.
Old 08-24-2011, 03:36 PM
10 Second Club

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Now thats a transformation wow congrats. I cant imagine carrying around all that weight from the first pic. My joints are shot from working construction and lifting weights all my life and im only 200lbs. Great job that take some really hard work and dicipline!
Old 08-25-2011, 12:25 PM
JS
10 Second Club

Scooby that is just fantastic, I knew my tweeks would help u..

Guys I cant believe how great I feel, new weighin on the 4th..
Hoping to right about 216------>11lbs to 205 baby...Then I just continue to train.

HGH/JUICE-------------> NEVER, THATS CHEATIN

Now I just need to convince myself to get a Hawk, SS, WS6 or GTO...
Decisions Decisions...
Old 08-25-2011, 01:42 PM
TECH Addict

Received 49 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by JS
Scooby that is just fantastic, I knew my tweeks would help u..

Guys I cant believe how great I feel, new weighin on the 4th..
Hoping to right about 216------>11lbs to 205 baby...Then I just continue to train.

HGH/JUICE-------------> NEVER, THATS CHEATIN

Now I just need to convince myself to get a Hawk, SS, WS6 or GTO...
Decisions Decisions...

SO SO proud of you brotha......I think you should do a triathlon with me now.....What do ya say? Keep it up bro....TIme we hit the track again...
Old 08-25-2011, 02:21 PM
Launching!

What diet did you go with?
Old 08-25-2011, 02:37 PM
JS
10 Second Club

Scotty that means alot coming from u pal...
U got me beat there tri-boy, cant keep up with u...

I will have another car and we race again

DIET???

Its not a diet, its a lifestyle...GO READ AND READ SOME MORE
Bodybuilders (I AM NOT ONE BUT TRYING TO RECOMP) follow a good science, small meals 6 times a day...Lean protiens, complex carbs, good fats (VERY IMPORTANT)....I came up with my own just from reading and learning how the body works..U CAN TOO

Correct supplements (MOST R JUNK, SOME R GOOD)

Then u need to train (weights and cardio)
TRAIN HARD, TRAIN SMART, EAT CLEAN AND REST...........

I also drop carbs out of my food intake only 30g a day 4 weeks every so often
Its very hard, I would suggest upping the cardio too (HIIT ONLY)
Old 08-25-2011, 07:03 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JS
Lean protiens, complex carbs, good fats
That's very important, I focused a lot on that when I overhauled my diet to get healthy. Whole grains, whole grains, whole grains. It will take a little getting used to but then they will taste normal. Try whole grain pasta with your favorite sauce, you can acquire a taste for it. And good fats are big too, oils that are low in saturated fat like olive and canola are great. Don't be afraid of fat in the proper quantities, your body needs it.
Old 08-26-2011, 06:01 AM
Launching!

Also if you guys want a good documentary to watch on Netflix its called Fat Head. The first part of the movie is the guy debunking Super Size Me but the second half is all about nutrition and how the body burns fat, broken down very well and easy to understand.

There is a ton of stuff on the internet and youtube as well about the CKD, results, foods and low carb substitutions. There are also videos showing what people use for the 24 hour carb up.

Also, DRINK AT LEAST 1 gallon of water a day, you have to flush everything out. When you start burning a lot of fat your kidneys will be working harder than normal and there are a lot of toxins stored in your fat cells if you previously ate a lot of processed foods. Some people experience a headache for the first few days of starting till those toxins flush.
Old 08-26-2011, 06:18 AM
9 Second Club

Great job! Keep up the good work! Our health is so important; I'm sure you feel like a new man!
Old 08-26-2011, 07:04 AM
TECH Senior Member

Great results brother! It does me good to see posts like this. I need motivation.

another excellent netflix documentary you all should check out is Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead

Later
Old 08-26-2011, 08:56 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Scoobysnacks
Also if you guys want a good documentary to watch on Netflix its called Fat Head. The first part of the movie is the guy debunking Super Size Me but the second half is all about nutrition and how the body burns fat, broken down very well and easy to understand.

There is a ton of stuff on the internet and youtube as well about the CKD, results, foods and low carb substitutions. There are also videos showing what people use for the 24 hour carb up.

Also, DRINK AT LEAST 1 gallon of water a day, you have to flush everything out. When you start burning a lot of fat your kidneys will be working harder than normal and there are a lot of toxins stored in your fat cells if you previously ate a lot of processed foods. Some people experience a headache for the first few days of starting till those toxins flush.
powerlifting/body building is training and nutrition at its best. a good bit different of a regimen from weight loss, like he stated, pyramid 6 meals a day(complex carbs before(bannana, oatmeal..etc) lean proteins, fish, protein shake, grilled chicken, greens..etc) , rest, and training. And most supplements are not junk, because a supplement is anything to replace what you are not getting in a diet(i.e. vitamins, minerals, Omega's..etc). Pre work out's... well they go either way. And the one gallon a day is close to what the average person should take in. The general rule of thumb is half your bodyweight in fl/oz. But becarful because all of your vitamins/minerals are water soluable so you can over hydrate yourself very easy.

Quick Reply: 15lbs to go......Then its more training, cardio