Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Seekonk Speedway thrill show this weekend.

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2011, 04:27 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by lou_dias
I might as well just buy two more BFG G-Forces' for the front since one of my front wheels has a slow leak and after 5 days in probably the most expensive hotel in Vegas, I'm broke. :/

Besides, after reviewing my race with the red Miata, I noticed he gained on me in turn 2 and passed in turn 4, not the back straightaway as everyone predicted I'd get smoked on. So I think for me to show that my v6 car is a contender, new front tires will go a long way to eliminating anyone passing me in the corners...

Good advice though Bryan.

See you on the 16th, looking forward to the burnout.
The Miata is getting pretty fast. I'd like to see how he does against any of the TA's or Camaros like the twin turbo one who have the nittos in the rear. Would be interesting to see the outcome.
Old 09-24-2011, 06:44 AM
Teching In

If you do to big of a burnout you tires get slick and you slide. You have to try and be real smooth with the gas pedal . you may go faster with a 2x4 upder your gas pedal? you got lots of motor in a small car. You dont need a lot of motor for seekonk . The miata come on in turn 3 and 4 he goes thought the corners fast.
Old 09-26-2011, 02:29 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by al a
If you do to big of a burnout you tires get slick and you slide. You have to try and be real smooth with the gas pedal . you may go faster with a 2x4 upder your gas pedal? you got lots of motor in a small car. You dont need a lot of motor for seekonk . The miata come on in turn 3 and 4 he goes thought the corners fast.
I dont know.. I think you might have more motor than me now days? Slowhawk has a dyno day the Saturday before. You should put it on the rollers. I want to see what it does! I need to figure out all your secrets!
Old 10-10-2011, 09:48 AM
Teching In

I talked to the guy in the Miata, we have mutual acquaintences. He's just a 7psi turbo and big exhaust. Did you see his wheels? They are huge for that car. Those Miatas weight 2300 lbs fully loaded...

Well, I'll be mounting my 2 new G-Force T/A's today. I moved my MAT sensor to a colder spot but I still lose power when hot. I might replace my O2 sensor before next Sunday. Hopefully that fixes my issue...

Otherwise I'll have to order a new wiring harness for next year.

See you on Sunday!
Old 10-10-2011, 10:37 AM
TECH Junkie

I talked to the guy in the Miata, we have mutual acquaintences. He's just a 7psi turbo and big exhaust. Did you see his wheels? They are huge for that car. Those Miatas weight 2300 lbs fully loaded...

Well, I'll be mounting my 2 new G-Force T/A's today. I moved my MAT sensor to a colder spot but I still lose power when hot. I might replace my O2 sensor before next Sunday. Hopefully that fixes my issue...

Otherwise I'll have to order a new wiring harness for next year.

See you on Sunday!
No Nittos? Which tires did you get? KD?
Old 10-17-2011, 01:50 PM
TECH Junkie

I didn't end up going. Who won?
Old 10-17-2011, 01:58 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by z28bryan
No Nittos? Which tires did you get? KD?
BFG GForce T/A's

and it was the same old Camaro (Chris Gomes). about 30 cars showed up. I beat a turbo AWD eagle summit. The guy with the turbo Eagle Summit AWD wagon looked like the same guy that used to have the green AWD turbo Eclipse from 10 years back that used to win alot.

Then I lost to the silver RX-7 with the 383 by the difference of having the outside lane.

Al beat him by the same difference, the RX-7 was in the outside against Al. Then Al lost to Chris Gomes to take 3rd. In Al's 1st race he got hit again :/

Considering I had a bad left front wheel bearing and a bad right front tie rod, my car stuck pretty good. I guess those front tires helped.

So what happened to you?

https://www.facebook.com/video/video...=2061553459167
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=2061562579395

Last edited by lou_dias; 10-17-2011 at 03:54 PM. Reason: added videos
Old 10-18-2011, 03:18 PM
TECH Junkie

BFG GForce T/A's

and it was the same old Camaro (Chris Gomes). about 30 cars showed up. I beat a turbo AWD eagle summit. The guy with the turbo Eagle Summit AWD wagon looked like the same guy that used to have the green AWD turbo Eclipse from 10 years back that used to win alot.

Then I lost to the silver RX-7 with the 383 by the difference of having the outside lane.

Al beat him by the same difference, the RX-7 was in the outside against Al. Then Al lost to Chris Gomes to take 3rd. In Al's 1st race he got hit again :/

Considering I had a bad left front wheel bearing and a bad right front tie rod, my car stuck pretty good. I guess those front tires helped.

So what happened to you?

https://www.facebook.com/video/video...=2061553459167
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=2061562579395
Wow you beat Leon Reitman? He used to have the green machine. Who's the RX-7? A new guy? Who hit Al?!?

I worked a 12 hour night shift on Friday night and convinced myself to take it easy all weekend. I was fine though and could have come race, but I just ended up staying home.
Old 10-21-2011, 09:35 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by z28bryan
Wow you beat Leon Reitman? He used to have the green machine. Who's the RX-7? A new guy? Who hit Al?!?

I worked a 12 hour night shift on Friday night and convinced myself to take it easy all weekend. I was fine though and could have come race, but I just ended up staying home.
Looked like him and I think the announcer was saying Reitman.
If he didn't stumble off the line I would have lost. That's the same young guy in the RX-7 that has been there all summer. I asked him what he had in it, he said 383.

Here's a different angle.

race 1
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10150496523873032

and

race 2
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10150496527373032

This motor is giving me too many problems. It was still not running like it used to/should. I think it's on its way out. I'm going to talk to V8 Archie about being his proto-type LS4 car... I want it ready for next year. I have the suspension down. I handled great with a bad rear alignment, bad wheel bearing in the front left and bad tie rod in the front right. I want to win with a V6 but I'm getting old and I just want to win PERIOD.

My stock 88 Formula will get the motor that this car should have been...I'll probably go to 3.5L on that one in 2 years when there are more 3500 blocks available. I've seen 3500's do 263 to the rear wheels...that's plenty for a little car.

The stock LS4 should do around 280 in a Fiero. That should also be plenty.