Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Seekonk Speedway thrill show this weekend.

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2011, 11:45 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Seekonk Speedway thrill show this weekend.

Anyone here attending the Thrill show on Sunday? I will be in the spectator drag as usual.
Old 09-01-2011, 07:20 PM
TECH Junkie

My brother is racing his V8 Fiero GT, Ill be in Maryland this weekend
Old 09-01-2011, 07:27 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Myself and a couple friends will be there
Old 09-01-2011, 09:30 PM
Teching In

I am waiting on getting my transmission back if i get it tomorrow i will be there 94 camaro green
Old 09-04-2011, 10:23 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by al a
I am waiting on getting my transmission back if i get it tomorrow i will be there 94 camaro green
Nice race Al, you took me out in the third round, silver GTO.
Old 09-04-2011, 10:29 PM
TECH Junkie

Al took me out in the 4th, lol
Old 09-04-2011, 10:31 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Krazy98Z28
My brother is racing his V8 Fiero GT, Ill be in Maryland this weekend
Your brother almost hit the wall again
Old 09-05-2011, 07:56 PM
Teching In

That fiero is one of the baddest cars I ever seen your brothers nuts. I would love a car like that he needs good tires for the rear .04gsgtoMa That gto flys and you sure can drive.I wasnt sure i was going to win again you or Bryan.
Bryan you are one of the best drivers at seekonk you run the out side to pass and are one of the cleanest drivers there and thats how you win races your my hero Al
Old 09-05-2011, 08:03 PM
TECH Junkie

That fiero is one of the baddest cars I ever seen your brothers nuts. I would love a car like that he needs good tires for the rear .04gsgtoMa That gto flys and you sure can drive.I wasnt sure i was going to win again you or Bryan.
Bryan you are one of the best drivers at seekonk you run the out side to pass and are one of the cleanest drivers there and thats how you win races your my hero Al
Its for sale!
Old 09-05-2011, 08:22 PM
Teching In

Thanks Al. I actually just threw it together out of the worst pieces of 2 Fieros...then slapped a coat of paint on it. It hasn't run in 3 years and a friend went thru the wiring harness and it started.

I had a rear bumpsteer correction kit in it but I don't know if something's loose or just that there was no stopping the v8's torque-steer. I was running old street tires 225 on the front and 235 on the back...my v6 Fiero (7/31 race) handles much better but has a custom suspension and 255's. My v6 has the better rear bump-steer correction kit which is why I only had understeer against the Miata on the 7/31 race.

with about 300 ft*lbs of torque at 2000rpm, I had no chance of sticking to the pavement on Sunday. Car only weighs about 2750. It has too much power for it's own good. The engine rocked a bit when we pulled out onto the track and it smashed my MAT sensor into the trunk wall. So after that my engine got flooded waiting for all the cars to line up in the infield because the computer thought I was at -40 degrees intake when the connector got knocked off. I told the tow trucks to push me on purpose because I knew it would start eventually.

I didn't take my foot off the gas the whole time I was waiting to race so I wouldn't stall. The crowd seemed to appreciate me.

On the way home, I borrowed a flashlight found the connector, plugged it back in since the housing of the sensor was still 60% intact and drove it fine home.

That's actually the same car I raced you with back in '08 where we were side by side and I punched it coming out of turn 2 and spun all the way from turn 2 into the grass of turn 3, just a different body and interior. That's also the last time it really ran well. From there I upgraded to the Allante intake and Bosch Design 3 injectors. It's definitely making more power. I asked Marco to bring it to Dez's to dyno this week if he can.

Feel free to take it off my hands. I can advise you on any mods you can think of.
Old 09-05-2011, 08:29 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by z28bryan
Your brother almost hit the wall again
I had it under control the whole time.

jk

No more V8 Fieros @ Seekonk for me. That bitch spins 3rd gear on that track. V6 Fieros FTW!!!
Old 09-05-2011, 08:35 PM
Teching In

Race of the day was the Miata taking out the Porshe. That Porsche owner it the guy who used to own the only Mustang worth a damn ever at Seekonk...

...yes, the red '92 that I beat by 6 inches whom they made me re-race which I then went on to bounce head on off the wall just before the pit exit...

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...type=1&theater
Old 09-05-2011, 08:47 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by lou_dias
I had it under control the whole time.

jk

No more V8 Fieros @ Seekonk for me. That bitch spins 3rd gear on that track. V6 Fieros FTW!!!
I almost hit the wall and then almost went over the humps sideways, lol. My friend Shawn got footage here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y83La...layer_embedded

It gives a really good view of what we are looking at in the cockpit.. angled slightly to the left, and what I have to deal with whenever I race Al. Trying to figure out what to do behind his bumper, lol
Old 09-05-2011, 08:54 PM
TECH Junkie

Your right I do race clean. I don't pin anyone up high or low at the start. The only one I've ever had trouble with was Mark. I think our driving styles clashed. I'm a high driver and he's a low driver. So when I was inside and he was outside, things didn't always turn out so good.

What do you have in that thing anyway? I think you got more power than me now days. I want to know your secrets. Tell us all, lol
Old 09-06-2011, 12:37 AM
Teching In

Your right I do race clean. I don't pin anyone up high or low at the start. The only one I've ever had trouble with was Mark. I think our driving styles clashed. I'm a high driver and he's a low driver. So when I was inside and he was outside, things didn't always turn out so good.

What do you have in that thing anyway? I think you got more power than me now days. I want to know your secrets. Tell us all, lol
Well, considering his windows don't roll down, I'm thinking he lightened it up alot...
Old 09-06-2011, 06:18 AM
Teching In

Thank you for the kind words Al, See you all next year.

Sean
Old 09-06-2011, 07:36 AM
TECH Junkie

Its time for a high stall auto Bryan!
Old 09-06-2011, 07:58 AM
Teching In

I always root for you when im done. I love that car. I wish i could fit 315's all the way around on my car. Im limited to a 245 in the front
Old 09-06-2011, 10:24 AM
Teching In

I'm going to attempt to put Corvette 17x9's in the front for next year since right now the front is my limiting factor on the v6 car. I got to calculate the offset...hopefully Corvette rims stick out more than Camaro rims. I definitely don't want them deeper inside my wheelwells...my turn radius is already reduced with the Camaro 16x8's...
Old 09-06-2011, 10:25 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 04qsgtoMA
I always root for you when im done. I love that car. I wish i could fit 315's all the way around on my car. Im limited to a 245 in the front
I was definitely rooting for the Miata against the Porshe. That was an epic matchup!