Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

What's the closest 1/4 mile track near Long Island, NY? (Suffolk County)

Old 10-25-2011, 05:41 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 24 Likes on 13 Posts

Default What's the closest 1/4 mile track near Long Island, NY? (Suffolk County)

Was wondering what 1/4 mile drag strips are closest to Long Island, NY (Suffolk County.) Is it Raceway Park in Englishtown, NJ?

It's a real shame we don't have one here. Tons of acres collecting dust but none of these yuppies want to build a race track on it. We had one in West Hampton years ago and I raced the Hawk on it back in 1995 then it closed down a few years later.

So in short I'm looking for a place to see what this rebuilt engine can do. Thanx
Old 10-25-2011, 07:27 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Englishtown and Maple Grove are the only ones near you.

Maple Grove was similiar in feeling to the Hamptons.

Englishtown is a state of the art big leagues.
Old 10-25-2011, 09:12 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

U have Englishtown,Atco,Island all in NJ, the closest in NY is Lebanon valley, Maple grove in PA & Cecil dragway in MD

Englishtown does have a efi event this Saturday coming up
Old 10-25-2011, 10:50 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Rob94hawk
Was wondering what 1/4 mile drag strips are closest to Long Island, NY (Suffolk County.) Is it Raceway Park in Englishtown, NJ?
Yes, it's not close but is still likely is the closest.
Island Dragway is probably the next closest and that too has somewhat of a Westhampton/LID feel to it LOL.

It's a real shame we don't have one here. Tons of acres collecting dust but none of these yuppies want to build a race track on it. We had one in West Hampton years ago and I raced the Hawk on it back in 1995 then it closed down a few years later.
Yeah that was a great little track, I made my very first 1/4 pass ever at that place over 22 years ago.
And then there's always the '100 foot drags' at Riverhead LOL.
Old 10-25-2011, 08:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 24 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by CamaroAl
U have Englishtown,Atco,Island all in NJ, the closest in NY is Lebanon valley, Maple grove in PA & Cecil dragway in MD

Englishtown does have a efi event this Saturday coming up
Not gonna happen for me this Sat. Just got the new engine started up this past Friday. 1. It's not even tuned yet and 2. Don't even know how it will do on the track. I'm not going to drive two hours only to get kicked out after 1 pass cause my car doesn't pass tech for a certain ET. Maybe after the dyno session I can get a general idea then go from there.

Originally Posted by LS1LT1
Yes, it's not close but is still likely is the closest.
Island Dragway is probably the next closest and that too has somewhat of a Westhampton/LID feel to it LOL.

yeah that was a great little track, I made my very first 1/4 pass ever at that place over 22 years ago.
And then there's always the '100 foot drags' at Riverhead LOL.
Used to race at Deer Park avenue between 1994-96 over by the parkway. Good times. Won't even try that now.
Old 10-26-2011, 03:13 AM
10 Second Club

Exclamation

Used to race at Deer Park avenue between 1994-96 over by the parkway. Good times. Won't even try that now.
Yeah things are different now, they'll take the car from ya if they catch ya now.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What's the closest 1/4 mile track near Long Island, NY? (Suffolk County)