Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

got my choice between ps3 and xbox 360 which to go with?

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2011, 06:44 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Halo Reach!!!!
Old 12-26-2011, 06:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by 1Bad97WS-6
I like my PS3 better. The controller don't feel right for the X Box360. PS3 gets my vote..
My thoughts exactly.
Old 12-26-2011, 07:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Xbox fo sho. My friend got a Xbox after he had a ps3 and we were in party chat and his like alright Il talk to you later I'm gonna play this game now. I was like we can still talk. Then he said you can talk to people playing other games lol. I said yeah. He's like that's bad ***! Lol ps3 online sucks well worth 50 a year. That's less then 1 days work so those ps3 guys that say Il never pay for online are retarded and its just a reason for them to shoot Xbox down.
Old 12-27-2011, 11:06 AM
Staging Lane

all the xbox guys say "the online is better" but have no examples to back it up. As for games only on the PS3 there are quite a few but the Uncharted series and God fo War are just plain sick in every aspect.

To the one poster....I'm sorry but if your friend got his id hacked "TWICE", he's just a retard that fell for a fishing scam or exchanged passwords with a stranger to swap games and got beat.
Old 12-27-2011, 12:39 PM
TECH Apprentice

I'll put another vote towards the PC option. Has the OP even considered this? You miss the console specific games, but you get lots of other benefits. Also keyboard/mouse destroys a controller in almost every game.
Old 12-27-2011, 12:39 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 98F-1camaro
all the xbox guys say "the online is better" but have no examples to back it up. As for games only on the PS3 there are quite a few but the Uncharted series and God fo War are just plain sick in every aspect.

To the one poster....I'm sorry but if your friend got his id hacked "TWICE", he's just a retard that fell for a fishing scam or exchanged passwords with a stranger to swap games and got beat.
Xbox live accounts get hacked much more frequently than PS3 accounts do, mostly because the card is directly linked to the online account. With a PS3 you don't need to put any credit card info in unless you plan on buying anything in the market.
Old 12-27-2011, 12:49 PM
Launching!

As stated earlier, look at the games you want to play. Look at the exclusives and how much actual gaming you will be doing. Game system fan boys are some of the most rabbis fans of any sort, take a lot of these arguments with a grain of salt.
Old 12-27-2011, 01:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by RikkiTorment
Xbox live accounts get hacked much more frequently than PS3 accounts do, mostly because the card is directly linked to the online account. With a PS3 you don't need to put any credit card info in unless you plan on buying anything in the market.
You don't have to link a card to your live account. You can buy prepaid microsoft point cards just about anywhere. I have no cards linked to my live account, never have.
Old 12-28-2011, 02:56 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Let me in!!!
I have bricked 2 PS3's. And would still choose it over the xbox 360 which I own as well. I just updated my Xbox after 6 months of it sitting and found out I can no longer access my Netflix without paying for a live membership. Total B/S. Long story short I haven't touched my Xbox since buying a PS3 and have only turned it back on while waiting for my FREE replacement from Sony!

Tip for the PS3 guys back up your saved games!!! I can't tell you how much of a pain in the *** it is loosing 200 hours of Fallout 3. Not looking forward to reinstalling 30 games and all my purchases from the PSN store again though.

Xbox lacks internet, Blu Ray and I can't bring myself to pay $9.99 month for something I rarely use. The PS3 still has more room to grow IMO where as it is about time for a new Xbox.
Old 12-28-2011, 04:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

ive had both when i buy a VIDEO GAME CONSOLE i look at who has the best games and titles not if i can search my facebook on it or watch a blueray movies. Yea ps3 is a better console all around but for what most people buy gaming console for to play games xbox is hands down better, and yea i have to pay for a live subscription i buy the year card on amazon for $40 bucks which isint bad. I also dont have to wait 25 minutes everytime i turn my console on for udates upon updates to play online
Old 12-28-2011, 06:17 PM
11 Second Club

be honest with you pickin between the 2 systems is like askin whats better...chevy or Ford. you're gonna get mixed answers no matter what..its a matter of preferance and not whats a better system.

i have both systems and personally i preferre the Xbox gameplay over the Ps3. there's an obvious differance in game play when comparing the 2 systems and the same game. i play Call of duty and play it on both systems...Xbox runs smoother it feels like and allthough the graphics are pretty much the same, it just feels like a differant game on xbox b/c of this.

subscriptions can be found cheap if ya look around...i just got one renewed for $30.00...a price im willing to pay for the better gameplay.

either way you cant go wrong....you'll be happy with either system...goodluck.
Old 12-28-2011, 06:35 PM
On The Tree

I have both consoles and play a variety of games on both, but at the end of the day, I play the majority of my games on my PC.

Build yourself a decent gaming PC, the graphical advantage over the consoles are immense!

oh, and I can play Blu Rays on my computer, whats up now?
Old 12-29-2011, 12:05 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TNTramair
be honest with you pickin between the 2 systems is like askin whats better...chevy or Ford. you're gonna get mixed answers no matter what..its a matter of preferance and not whats a better system.

i have both systems and personally i preferre the Xbox gameplay over the Ps3. there's an obvious differance in game play when comparing the 2 systems and the same game. i play Call of duty and play it on both systems...Xbox runs smoother it feels like and allthough the graphics are pretty much the same, it just feels like a differant game on xbox b/c of this.

subscriptions can be found cheap if ya look around...i just got one renewed for $30.00...a price im willing to pay for the better gameplay.

either way you cant go wrong....you'll be happy with either system...goodluck.
They code the multi-platform games on the xbox and switch it over to run on the PS3 because it is quicker, and easier. Not to mention if they coded it for the PS3 first, the xbox wouldn't be able handle the load. The Cell processor in that PS3 is an absolute beast.
Old 12-29-2011, 12:11 AM
Launching!

ps3. Looks cooler and controller feels 100x better. YUP.
Old 01-12-2012, 11:49 AM
TECH Addict

PS3 the end...
Old 01-12-2012, 05:17 PM
Race your car!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

I have an xbox 360.. I bought it back before the PS3 was even out. I can't complain about the gameplay... I don't get on it that much, and it's there as much for me as it is for the niece and nephew to play on when they come over.

If I had to buy another system tomorrow... I can't say what it would be. I do like the xbox online play, and unfortunately some of the games I do like, aren't on PS3 so it would be hard to want to make that swap.

But, starting off from scratch without any previous games owned/played, the ps3 would seem like a better choice. At least until xbox comes out with their next model whenever that may be.
Old 01-12-2012, 05:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Arctic_Z
ps3. Looks cooler and controller feels 100x better. YUP.
Lookie there, two opinions!

That finally puts the debate to rest
Old 01-13-2012, 08:37 PM
On The Tree

Both have pros and cons, but I personally have to side with the PS3 this round. The hardware in the machine is hands-down amazing. I don't think any tech-savvy individual would argue that. I enjoy entertainment more than just straight gaming so my choice was PS3. But if you are only going to be gaming, like the others said decide which platform has the games you want to play and go from there.

But there are obvious reasons why the DoD is using PS3s for their supercomputer farm(s) and not XBoxes.
Old 01-14-2012, 01:23 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by RikkiTorment
Not to mention if they coded it for the PS3 first, the xbox wouldn't be able handle the load. The Cell processor in that PS3 is an absolute beast.
False. It's like saying something that is harder to program is more advance just because it's harder to program.
If it's as beast as you say, there'd be a huge discrepency between first party games versus the 360. And by taking a look around... there isn't.

Originally Posted by Stu_x24x
But there are obvious reasons why the DoD is using PS3s for their supercomputer farm(s) and not XBoxes.
Do you know that has absolutely nothing to do with gaming?
Do you know that servers can have multiple cores, multiple cpus, crazy amounts of RAM, multiple mobos.... but they can't do s*** for gaming?
They're using PS3s as glorified servers... congratulations.

XBOX 360.
Old 01-14-2012, 01:29 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

Jesus....

Only way you will cover all your bases regarding video games is having both....only way to experience games to their full potential is a PC.