Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Camaro Nationals 2012

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2012, 12:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Exclamation Camaro Nationals 2012

Since no one else has mentioned it and I just got my flier in the mail last week I figured I'd start a thread.
Details:
14th Annual American Camaro Association Camaro Nationals
Hosted by the Maryland Camaro Club
June 22-23, 2012
At the Frederick Fairgrounds in Frederick, MD
Firebirds and Trans Ams welcome too.
Link to Flier: http://mdcamaroclub.com/image/2012%20Flyer.pdf

This is the event that used to be held at Carlisle during the GM nats. Last year was the first year in Frederick and it was a good time. There were about 400 cars last year, but only a little more than twenty 4th gens and fewer 3rd gens. The Firebird turnout was weak as well. I'd love to see a strong 4th gen turnout this year.

If anyone affiliated with the ACA or MCC wants to chime in with more details, please do.
Old 01-27-2012, 01:15 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I will try and make it this year It will be one more 4th Gen Camaro in the stable this year..
Old 01-27-2012, 06:31 PM
TECH Apprentice

I wish they would have kept it at carlisle, it made it a lot more fun. They could at least schedule it on another weekend besides gm nationals >.>
Old 01-27-2012, 07:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by IDriveChevy
I wish they would have kept it at carlisle, it made it a lot more fun. They could at least schedule it on another weekend besides gm nationals >.>
It was explained to me that the Carlisle folks tried to take over the event, and that is why they left. Anyway the people I talked to who went to carlisle last year instead said the turn out was dismal compared to years past.

Frederick has lots of potential. They do a parade of cars into town Thursday night and then the police clear it out so they can all park on the street downtown. I couldn't get there early for it last year but they had like 80 cars there for it. Also, I know there was a group of guys who went to 75-80 to race on Friday night. I'll admit it would be nice to have more of other Chevys there.
Old 01-27-2012, 07:37 PM
It's not mine! woo hoo!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by IDriveChevy
They could at least schedule it on another weekend besides gm nationals >.>
This. Sorry, but I'll continue to attend Carlisle as I have the past decade. Choosing to have the Camaro Nationals the same weekend as GM Nationals is ridiculous. I hope it's not merely to be obstinate. If they'd like an even larger turnout then they need to schedule it on a different weekend.
Old 01-28-2012, 01:36 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by demonspeed
This. Sorry, but I'll continue to attend Carlisle as I have the past decade. Choosing to have the Camaro Nationals the same weekend as GM Nationals is ridiculous. I hope it's not merely to be obstinate. If they'd like an even larger turnout then they need to schedule it on a different weekend.
I also plan on continuing to attend carlisle like I have been. I don't think the turnout was hurt with camaro nationals not being there, the show field was still packed and was just as fun as any other year.
Old 01-28-2012, 07:01 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I've been to both shows in the past. I personally liked how the GM nationals used to be set up, with the Camaro nationals there. Last years Camaro Nationals show in Frederick was fun but there was a major lack of vendors, and they didn't make the best use of the grounds with the set up. However it was the first year and I'm sure there are things that will be done different, and I'm sure there will be more vendors now that the show has become a little more established. I will be going to the Camaro nationals this year expecting some growth of the show, and hopefully I'll get to do the thursday night parade this time around.