Old 02-21-2012, 06:07 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

havent driven mine in over a month.

winter isnt over yet.
Old 02-21-2012, 07:02 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Been parked since Nov. It'll come out in April once they sart sweeping the roads and we've had a few good rains to clean up the salt. If you are religious about washing your car and undercarriage its not a big deal, usually this time of the year its too cold to wash, but we've been having some freak weather.

Get those cars nice and dirty boys, its almost detailing season again
Old 02-21-2012, 11:57 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I never put mine away this winter, I don't even see any salt on the road.
Old 02-21-2012, 12:59 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 01 CamaroSS SLP
I never put mine away this winter, I don't even see any salt on the road.
Its there. Its all over the side of my truck everyday.
Old 02-21-2012, 01:03 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by DannoWS6
Its there. Its all over the side of my truck everyday.
My town hasn't used any. Haven't really seen much of at all.
Old 02-21-2012, 01:18 PM
11 Second Club

My town hasn't used any. Haven't really seen much of at all.
I commute to Waltham everyday, if you are east of 495 its not too bad. But anywhere west of that, its still salty, atleast residual amounts that are just as bad. It doesn't take much to promote corrosion, if its a car your gonna keep for a while I'd rather tuck it away, but thats just me. I know most guys on here are gonna drive the **** outta everything whenever they can.
Old 02-21-2012, 05:28 PM
TECH Regular

I commute to Waltham everyday, if you are east of 495 its not too bad. But anywhere west of that, its still salty, atleast residual amounts that are just as bad. It doesn't take much to promote corrosion, if its a car your gonna keep for a while I'd rather tuck it away, but thats just me. I know most guys on here are gonna drive the **** outta everything whenever they can.
I'm East of 495 located in Stow. My town is really cheap when it comes to snow removal so no salt around here. I was at Waltham auto and tire a few hours ago for my DD. I go to Worcester every weekend and i don't see much salt there either. I'm not really starring at the road looking for it but it hasn't been bad enough for me to think oh **** i probably shouldn't be diving my car with this salt. I only drive it on the weekends right now and i wash the undercarriage every time i go out so i think its fine. Nice to see another local guy on ls1tech
Old 02-21-2012, 05:56 PM
TECH Apprentice

im with danno about 10 mins apart and agreed salt all over the middle and edges of road out here, gonna hold off until end of march after some good rain. my black truck is covered consistently and i wash it twice a week....but to each his own!!
Old 02-21-2012, 05:59 PM
On The Tree

I'm East of 495 located in Stow. My town is really cheap when it comes to snow removal so no salt around here. I was at Waltham auto and tire a few hours ago for my DD. I go to Worcester every weekend and i don't see much salt there either. I'm not really starring at the road looking for it but it hasn't been bad enough for me to think oh **** i probably shouldn't be diving my car with this salt. I only drive it on the weekends right now and i wash the undercarriage every time i go out so i think its fine. Nice to see another local guy on ls1tech
im in leominser and just brought the car out the other day ....but they already had the street sweepers out in full force here
Old 02-21-2012, 06:13 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by 98hardtopSS
im with danno about 10 mins apart and agreed salt all over the middle and edges of road out here, gonna hold off until end of march after some good rain. my black truck is covered consistently and i wash it twice a week....but to each his own!!
It depends which town you live in i guess. For example during a small storm my town didn't plow at all but a few towns over they had the salt trucks out in full force. Since the last snow fall we have had a substantial amount of rain for the season and imo it washed most of it away. You guys must be a little north of me. Either way it should be a nice spring.
Old 02-21-2012, 06:21 PM
On The Tree

November to may its allways put away.Call me crazy but thats why my car still looks brand new.
Old 02-21-2012, 07:21 PM
On The Tree

I took the ss for a little drive after i finished the ls6/lid install. Not 6 min on the road and i have a 311hp svt focus at a red light . He surprised me as i was going easy/soft . We talked at the next light. Decent guy not a regular **** head like myself. This is the first time i have driven it in almost 4 months, i never have fun like that in the 4runner or the murano...makes me want to drive it all the time now, but i know better. Dont blink, we'll have a foot of powder on the ground.
Old 02-22-2012, 06:32 AM
11 Second Club

I'm gonna try and make my way up to Kimbals in Lancaster Fridays a bit more come this summer for the car show, maybe I'll see you there. I haven't been to the Westford one in ages but they have a good one on Thursdays. Its just a bit more than I wanna travel after getting home.

A few of us try and get together once and a while, but some things have changed.

I'm just gonna wait another month or so before I drive it. I've had the car about 12 yrs, guess I don't have the itch like I did when it was newer to me.
Old 02-22-2012, 06:39 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 02gangsta/ss
im in leominser and just brought the car out the other day ....but they already had the street sweepers out in full force here
You have one of the cleanest, lowest mile, 4th gens in NE. I know I couldn't take that beauty out just yet.
Old 02-22-2012, 06:45 AM
Captain Double Post

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

we have had our roads salted twice, rght after it rains for 2 days and then in nice again, i wash my car twice a week ,this winter has been beyond great, i waxed my car the other day lol,
Old 02-22-2012, 10:33 AM
On The Tree

You have one of the cleanest, lowest mile, 4th gens in NE. I know I couldn't take that beauty out just yet.
thanks man ... everyone gives me sooo much crap about it to because i want to keep it nice. don at slowhawk loves busting my ***** about it hahaha anyway i try to go to kimballs in lancaster with it on fridays im normally in the front row and also we still have a date hope fully you can clean my already very clean paint so it will be show car ready lol
Old 02-22-2012, 10:36 AM
11 Second Club

maybe after this month Ill put the z06 back on insurance and take it out
Old 02-22-2012, 12:43 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 02gangsta/ss
thanks man ... everyone gives me sooo much crap about it to because i want to keep it nice. don at slowhawk loves busting my ***** about it hahaha anyway i try to go to kimballs in lancaster with it on fridays im normally in the front row and also we still have a date hope fully you can clean my already very clean paint so it will be show car ready lol
Don will be the first to bust your ***** about parking your car for the winter. But I am sure he'll admit he rather work on a car like yours than one with 100k miles on it and having gone through 10 NE winters.

To each there own I say.
Old 02-22-2012, 01:15 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Danno doesn't drive his car in the nice weather either. Don't listen to him.
Old 02-22-2012, 04:25 PM
Tire Smoking Tranny Blowing Director

Drove mine 7 miles in like 2 years:/. Might get to drive it to breakin the rear this weekend lol.

My car I'd from nj and there tons of rust on the underbody. Only minor but still rust sucks. Need to grind and repaint the area don't want it falling apart now lol