Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

carlisle gm nationals

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2012, 09:30 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 1 Bad *** Formula
From what I heard and seen, Frederick sucked *** again this year, I personally had a great time at the GM Nationals looking at more than 10-20 Camaro's and the vendors in Carlisle were great IMO. Sad I skipped the 2011 GM show for the Camaro Nats.

To put the icing on the cake organizers of the Camaro show in frederick Kept promising more than the two vendors they had in 2011 and better show for 2012 but in truth Tom Henry show cars, and SLP were the only ones there and show field was the same.

The Venders @ GM nats were great.. Picked up a Vararam Intake and Power Duct for my C5 brand new for 290.00 from the Vararam Vender. We hung out @ Ritas in town with one of the Calloway Vender Guys and his sick *** LS3 Calloway Vette. As stated before my family and I thought the show was terrific. My daughter, Who was 5 @ the time had a blast..
Old 07-19-2012, 10:57 AM
It's not mine! woo hoo!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Double-aught_Z/28
It's simple. The Corvette show kills it. A good chunk of the die-hard chevy guys are corvette owners, so they go to the vette show. The truck show hurts too, as all the guys with the cool C10s and jacked Silverados go to that one. People can't afford to go to all the shows.
I can respect that viewpoint, but that would be inferring that Corvettes represent the majority of GM enthusiasts -- and I do not believe that to be the case.

As for the the truck show, all manufacturers are represented. As above, your case would infer that most GM owners are truck enthusiasts more so than the other brands' truck owners. I also do not believe this is the case.
Old 07-19-2012, 03:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by demonspeed
I can respect that viewpoint, but that would be inferring that Corvettes represent the majority of GM enthusiasts -- and I do not believe that to be the case.

As for the the truck show, all manufacturers are represented. As above, your case would infer that most GM owners are truck enthusiasts more so than the other brands' truck owners. I also do not believe this is the case.
I guess my real point was that GM guys are split so many ways. When it comes to late model Ford performance, there's pretty much one choice - Mustang. I mean yeah they have the GT, but that's relatively unobtainable for most, and they have some tuner Focus and Probe guys, and some F-series guys; but for the most part it's Mustangs.

GM on the other hand has multiple late model performance nameplates with large and loyal followings; Corvette, Camaro, Firebird, GTO, CTS, Grand Prix/Am/G6/G8, S10, and so on.

Now for the classic cars, I don't know why the showing is so weak. I was disappointed by the lack of A-bodies (Chevelle et al)