Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

MarylandSpeed Meet & Greet @ Cruising OC Car Show- New Location!

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2012, 06:53 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was there and saw the aftermath and I heard last night that the scooter guy died. Dont know this to be 100% true but thats what the guy said the cop said. It was clearly the scooter guys fault too, riding too fast and not paying attention to everything going on around him and no helmet.
Old 05-19-2012, 06:55 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MarylandSpeed
No...

From what I understand (and saw of the aftermath), a black 1st gen CTS-V was turning into the 45th street shopping center when a scooter coming down the bus lane did not yield. The scooter crashed in the side of the caddy, and the guy driving had no helment on got pretty messed up. Nothing I saw/heard indicated it was the cars fault.

I have not seen any firm info on the fate of the scooter driver.
Gotcha, sorry for the misconception, I finally made it to 45th st at about 5:45pm. Saw hardly no one there. I was talking to a guy with a 5th gen. He said he talked to a cop from the scene and they said the kid passed away. He wasnt sure of the car, he thought GTO so I was just referring to what I was told. Its a shame, ruined life and im sure the car was messed up as well.