Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Detailing (2010 GLK350)

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2012, 02:43 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow, the difference is incredible! Nice Work!
Old 07-10-2012, 05:54 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

nice work. i think im going to bring my car to slowhawk soon to get a fast 92. where are you located in mass and would you do consider doing my 02ssle. my good buddy lives north of hartford and i could store the car there for a while until you could get to it if you are close.
Old 07-11-2012, 07:34 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by m1a2d3
nice work. i think im going to bring my car to slowhawk soon to get a fast 92. where are you located in mass and would you do consider doing my 02ssle. my good buddy lives north of hartford and i could store the car there for a while until you could get to it if you are close.
Yeah absolutely, I'm about 2hrs north west of slowhawks place though, right on the NH line pretty much. Although as of now we have placeholders out till Sept. We have done a couple CT cars before, I know its a bit of a ride.

There is a business right next to Don that details cars too, I wanted to talk shop with him a bit at the last dyno day, but never got the chance. But based on what i saw them doing I'm sure its quality work too. But in any case if you want to arrange something I'm sure we can accomodate if you can wait.

I've only done cars in our garage, not sure if I want to take anything mobile, between equipment and lighting, we got everything setup the way we need it.

*Also you can PM BlackScreaminMachine or Joe "Preachers Sheets" DIESO. A lot closer to you and would treat your car right, they might be interested in case were not convenient.

(I saw that they are bringing back the FAST92, I might have Don set me up, along with a new converter and a tune touch up come early next year, been past due)

Last edited by DannoWS6; 07-11-2012 at 07:40 AM.
Old 07-11-2012, 07:55 AM
Launching!

how the nano skin work out???
Old 07-11-2012, 08:09 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Bajapat
how the nano skin work out???
Well we saw some excessive marring. However doing some more research we may have not prepped it enough. We only prepped it on the drivers window, and probably should have done more. Plus I did not get the glide solution they recommend but used some mothers detailing spray I had kicking around. I'll experiment some more with it and possibly order the glide.

Coming from using countless pads it feels weird taking it to the car, even on the slowest speed and no pressure it can feel like you are slapping the paint on occasion if you hit a contour.

I still prefer clay, but I'll give it another honest chance soon.
Old 07-11-2012, 03:46 PM
On The Tree

what converter and heads are you running now. i want to get to the track for the first time. hoping for a time close to yours. i made 425 rwhp with a yank ss3600 but im still running the stock 3.23 rear with no mods on it. 315 drag radials. hoping to pick up pickup 10 rwhp minimum with the 92 but i need to call don.
Old 07-12-2012, 09:05 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by m1a2d3
what converter and heads are you running now. i want to get to the track for the first time. hoping for a time close to yours. i made 425 rwhp with a yank ss3600 but im still running the stock 3.23 rear with no mods on it. 315 drag radials. hoping to pick up pickup 10 rwhp minimum with the 92 but i need to call don.

When I ran that time (2006 I think, sad) it was with an old TCI 3500 and AFR heads, stock rear. My cars makes a few hp less than yours today on Don's mustang dyno. I was using a 275 nitto.

The ss3600 is a nice coverter. I was thinking about a PT4000+ but I want to keep some streetability, so might stay with a ss4000, get the fast, then have Don go through it again. Maybe run some low 11's before the tranny pukes again, lol, then get a better one.

In a few years, I'd like to have Don build me a 418 and possibly swap the AFR 205's and fast over to it. Its' non typical, but should be a beast on the street, especially with the 3.91's and a big stall. 10.5 is the next goal.
Old 07-12-2012, 08:03 PM
Internet Mechanic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DannoWS6

*Also you can PM BlackScreaminMachine or Joe "Preachers Sheets" DIESO. A lot closer to you and would treat your car right, they might be interested in case were not convenient.

(I saw that they are bringing back the FAST92, I might have Don set me up, along with a new converter and a tune touch up come early next year, been past due)
Thanks for the shout out. Aye I am located in central CT and very avalible and willing to work with the customer.
Old 07-19-2012, 09:08 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by BlackScreaminMachine
Thanks for the shout out. Aye I am located in central CT and very avalible and willing to work with the customer.
When are we going to get together????

Quick Reply: Detailing (2010 GLK350)