Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

This saturday. 7/14. noyzee fun run

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2012, 09:43 AM
8 second mod

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thumbs up This saturday. 7/14. noyzee fun run

anyone with a boat come join us for the noyzee fun run. this year it is in memory of my friend mike who died last year in a boat accident. his kids will be here with us for the run. as of now we have about 15 boats.
e-mail me for more info

chevy7299@aol.com

right now run is to start at noon and ends when ever. we will be meating right out side beverly harbor. close to a couple ramps and gas stations.
Old 07-12-2012, 10:07 AM
8 second mod

ok, here are some details on the run.
if you are coming on the run with a boat. go to the kernwood ramp. here is some info on that ramp. http://salem.patch.com/listings/mccabe-marina
i would recommend getting there early so your sure to get a spot to park. the lady at the ramp is expecting us and will do everything she can to help us out and get us parking. please be as respectful to her as you can she takes her job very serious and i deal with her almost every weekend. once you drop the boats in the water you can use the docks to load up, pick up people but we can not park there or raft up do to the weight on the docks however she gave us permission to use the moorings right out front and we can raft up there. i would like to see all the boats in the water by 10 -10.30

i will park my boat at the very end of the dock and i will be around to help anyone that needs it. i will have a blue noyzee racing shirt on. i will be launching my boat the night before so i do not take up parking at the ramp.

now once we start up the first leg of the run we will be running under 1 bridge. and because it will only be about 2 hours after high tide some boats may not make the bridge if its closed however there is 2 feet more under the concrete and it is clear and fine to use the first 2 openings. i will point this out from the ramp.

the first stop is cocktail cove. i will have atleast 1-2 boats waiting for us out there. throw out fenders and raft up and make new friends. once we all get to the cove and i will go raft to raft and explain the next leg of the run and we will try to head out around noon.
i would like to be the pace boat out of the island and once we get to a good spot i will go fast and pull off to the right and allow faster boats to go by me and we will try to get photos from my boat.
once we hit glouchester harbor i would ask everyone to slow down before the no wake and pull over a little to the right. i will then catch up and take the lead as a pace boat and lead everyone into the mad fish docking. we will then raft off and cross boat to boat. (please take off all shoes when going boat to boat) it will get a little tight in the harbor depending on boat count so keep a close eye out and i will try to direct everyone in safe and clean.

main reason i would like to be the pace boat is so i can try to get photos and on the way in so i can get to dock and speak with manager right away and give her the heads up.

any questions ask away.
Old 07-19-2012, 12:13 AM
On The Tree

This sounds like a ton of fun.....wish you were closer. Maybe with some planning I can make it next year.
Old 07-19-2012, 10:27 AM
8 second mod

yea, it was a blast. had a great time. hope next year the weather is the same!! it was great.