Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

beware of coppola motorsports

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2012, 11:05 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow i feel sorry for the OP. A friend of mine went through something similar. Had his c5 tuned at what was thought to be a good reputable shop. Turns out they blew the car up, lied and tried to cover up what happened. A lot of people had success with the shop but because of his experience you will never see my car getting tuned there.
Old 11-11-2012, 01:15 AM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow... this thread and the one on the vette forum made for alot of reading.

This stuff saddens me, because I hate to see people taken advantage of.;. as a cop, I deal with it for a living, and in this economy it has become soooo much more prevalent.

All I can say is if you feel that you did not receive what you paid for, and were told you received services that were not really rendered , go to the local district magistrate (or whatever the equivalent where you reside and ask about filing civil... or even better get an attorney... and finally, I believe that THEFT by DECEPTION would also fit for criminal charges.

Im not here to take sides or say which side is fabricating more, but 11+ years on the job has re-affirmed that every story has two sides, and the truth is somewhere in the middle... and that is what we have processes for, whether it be criminal or civil.
Old 11-12-2012, 10:46 AM
Teching In

Default kyle

Kyle,

I tuned your car 8 months ago...And yes you did call me after a couple days I believe it was a check engine lite or something to do with the monitors not being ready?And I do remember walking you through it(because I had tuned your car, using your HP Tuners interface) And I stated to you if anything comes up I can walk you through it being your 2.0 hours away.Plus you had a good conept on how hp tuners worked Do to the fact you tryed to tune the car yourself.This was as per are conversation befor you droped your car of.And we also talked about putting the maf back on and doing a maf tune instead of the speed density tune for better driveablity,But you already had the 2bar lic on hp tuners,so I suggested that we use your Hp tuners interface this would save you some cash and would have the abilty to make changes yourself, and If you had any questions I was only a phone call away...

Kyle,
That was the last time I heard from you...than 8 months later you post...( why not call me and say hey I have a problem with my tune...The least you could do is call me..If there was changes that need to be made. I could have walkled you through it on the phone.And if there was something I did wrong at least let me know so I could have made it right.

No ones perfect.I have tuned many FI cars speed density and maf tunes and I will be the first to state to anyone there are times wene tuning you have to turn tables off to tune and you forget to turn them back on..I'm only human..And thats why I allwas stress to the customer if your check engine lite comes on.. and it can after tuning please call me..Some of these cars may need to go through 3 drive cycles to relearn...This is the reason I try to keep the car for at least 3 days after tuning,And things can still come up.

Again I'm not perfect and never stated I was..**** happens But If I not informed about it how can I help...8 months later..Kyle I'm sorry you had issues.I would have had no problem working with you to correct these issues.And if you want you can call me at 518-221-0812 and we can talk about it..

And as for the dyno sheets Kyle your dyno sheet is the correct one..
As for Fred/Mike I have no idea why they would have your sheet.I gave them there dyno sheet and I have 2 witness that were there at the time Fred/Mike picked up the car that personally spoke to fred about the car and the numbers it put down..

I say this Again Kyle you can call please do..and if anyone else wants to call me be my guest..

Thanks
Anthony Coppola
Old 11-12-2012, 03:03 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by lt4vett
Kyle,

I tuned your car 8 months ago...And yes you did call me after a couple days I believe it was a check engine lite or something to do with the monitors not being ready?And I do remember walking you through it(because I had tuned your car, using your HP Tuners interface) And I stated to you if anything comes up I can walk you through it being your 2.0 hours away.Plus you had a good conept on how hp tuners worked Do to the fact you tryed to tune the car yourself.This was as per are conversation befor you droped your car of.And we also talked about putting the maf back on and doing a maf tune instead of the speed density tune for better driveablity,But you already had the 2bar lic on hp tuners,so I suggested that we use your Hp tuners interface this would save you some cash and would have the abilty to make changes yourself, and If you had any questions I was only a phone call away...

Kyle,
That was the last time I heard from you...than 8 months later you post...( why not call me and say hey I have a problem with my tune...The least you could do is call me..If there was changes that need to be made. I could have walkled you through it on the phone.And if there was something I did wrong at least let me know so I could have made it right.

No ones perfect.I have tuned many FI cars speed density and maf tunes and I will be the first to state to anyone there are times wene tuning you have to turn tables off to tune and you forget to turn them back on..I'm only human..And thats why I allwas stress to the customer if your check engine lite comes on.. and it can after tuning please call me..Some of these cars may need to go through 3 drive cycles to relearn...This is the reason I try to keep the car for at least 3 days after tuning,And things can still come up.

Again I'm not perfect and never stated I was..**** happens But If I not informed about it how can I help...8 months later..Kyle I'm sorry you had issues.I would have had no problem working with you to correct these issues.And if you want you can call me at 518-221-0812 and we can talk about it..

As for Fred/Mike I have no idea why they would have your sheet.I gave them there dyno sheet and I have 2 witness that were there at the time Fred/Mike picked up the car that personally spoke to fred about the car and the numbers it put down..

I say this Again Kyle you can call please do..and if anyone else wants to call me be my guest..

Thanks
Anthony Coppola
My name is Mike and I'm the other guy Tony Screwed over with the bogus tune! Tony is a bold face liar and a fraud, the sheet you gave us is the one & only one that said the car put down 673rwhp! Yea the car had some piping problems but if that was the case why lie and say you got the 673rwhp out of it?? You should just said hey I cant do anymore and bite the bullet and move on, but you fudge up a sheet from Kye's car & passed it to us! I'l do you people one even better if the car only made 535rwhp why would he post pictures on Facebook with my car saying and I quote "Z06 forged 347 procharged custom speed density tune..680rwhp" doesn't make any sense! ALL BS is what is, and here's the proof if anybody missed on the Corvette Forum: Don't forget he change it after we caught him!! What joker! Plus your helper is full of BS aswell saying you couldn't drive the car, Your plate is on the car and a picture of it on the dyno!! ALL BS,,, I can go on, and on about the conversation we had on the phone but you can read more on the Corvette forum about that! I'm done here unless anybody still wants to defend him,, My car is going to another tuner next week to be tuned "THE RIGHT WAY" and will update what the out come is on both site's.

Like I said YOU NEED TO PUT THE TOOLS DOWN & FIND ANOTHER TRADE if this is how you do business!!!

Last edited by lxconv331; 11-12-2012 at 03:12 PM.
Old 11-12-2012, 07:34 PM
On The Tree

Tony thanks for chiming in. I had several issues with my tune. The check engine light was on and several monitors would not ready. The injector flow rate was not set up properly for a 1:1 fpr. Those were my major concerns. How did you forget to setup my ifr vs kpa table correctly? Once I had a different tuner write a tune all of my monitors are now ready as soon as I turn the key on!!! I did not have to do multiple drive cycles. As far as driveability issues with my 2 bar.. well there is none. You did use my interface with my credits and it still cost me $500 and a freshly machined 6.0 block not exactly cheap but if it was done right I wasnt going to complain. I called you about the check engine/monitor issues you walked me through it but your corrections didnt help at all. I questioned you about the ifr vs. kpa table not being flatlined for the 1:1 regulator and you said it doesnt matter if it is not. Based on the fact that my check engine light would not go off and my monitors wouldnt ready along with the answer I got about the injector table I decided to get an outside evaluation of my tune. I spent alot of money with you and after what I heard from another tuner about your work my confidence in your abilities dwindled. No way was I going to let you try and fix it. I just wanted to wash my hands of coppola I didnt want to fight and argue with you about my tune so I never said anything. Giving me my money back is the only way you can "fix" my tune. If you want to make it right and do that go for it. Getting my money back is not what this is about though it is about your lack of tuning ability and the shady business practices involving the dyno graphs. People should be made aware of this and reconsider doing business with you.

Tony would you please answer some questions for me.
Why did you not flatline my ifr vs. kpa for the 1:1 regulator?
Why would you let me take my car if it wasnt right?
Why couldnt you set the dtc,s so my monitors are all ready as soon as i turn the key on or even in three drive cycles?
Please explain how mike has a dyno sheet saying 673rwhp and how you can deny you gave it to him when you have a picture of his car on your page with a caption saying 680rwhp.

I do not have a problem speaking with you on the telephone but I feel this is a better way that way all statements are laid out in the open for others to form their own opinions.

Originally Posted by lt4vett
Kyle,

Kyle,

Thanks
Anthony Coppola
Old 11-13-2012, 08:28 AM
TECH Regular

You do realize its illeagal in n.y to set all monitors to ready ? D.m.v will see that when the car gets plugged in for inspection . Tony did it the right way lol , sometimes it takes more than 3 heat cycles to set all monitors . But once the c.e.l goes on no monitors will run !!! I am a n.y.s.I so yes I know what it takes and what can happen when d.m.v sees monitors locked on /off etc
Old 11-13-2012, 09:40 AM
On The Tree

If tonys way was the right way then why wouldn't it pass multiple times. My way which is the wrong way I guess passed first try.
Old 11-13-2012, 06:01 PM
TECH Regular

So many diff things can cause monitors not to run , low coolant temp , pending codes etc .
Old 11-13-2012, 06:23 PM
On The Tree

glad i dont have any of these issues to ever worry about .....Thanks Don at Slowhawk !!! u da best
Old 11-13-2012, 06:41 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 65 Likes on 52 Posts

glad i dont have any issues with my tune , thanks tony of coppola motorsports .
Old 11-13-2012, 06:47 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 93v8clone
So many diff things can cause monitors not to run , low coolant temp , pending codes etc .
All I keep hearing is excuses! Tell me again how good he is because with my new tune I didnt have to wait for anything.
Old 11-13-2012, 08:49 PM

Wondering if these clowns will actually own up to scamming you guys? They seem quick to give excuses and place blame on other shops work that has nothing to do with what they charged for. The proof is all over these threads that they screwed a few people and got caught. How many more customers paid for work that was not done or not done properly. These guys will not see a dime from me after reading through the forums especially when they have that much disrespect for their customers and the vehicles. Who do they think they are bashing customers cars like that calling it an abortion an it was cobbed together people spend hard earned money to get them where they are. I hope the state shuts these frauds down ASAP
Old 11-14-2012, 08:37 AM
TECH Resident

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by ramairetransam
glad i dont have any issues with my tune , thanks tony of coppola motorsports .
If you don't do your own data logging, then you will never know if there are issues or not.
Old 11-14-2012, 09:15 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Stangcrusher
Wondering if these clowns will actually own up to scamming you guys? They seem quick to give excuses and place blame on other shops work that has nothing to do with what they charged for. The proof is all over these threads that they screwed a few people and got caught. How many more customers paid for work that was not done or not done properly. These guys will not see a dime from me after reading through the forums especially when they have that much disrespect for their customers and the vehicles. Who do they think they are bashing customers cars like that calling it an abortion an it was cobbed together people spend hard earned money to get them where they are. I hope the state shuts these frauds down ASAP
Lol, I doubt it! They dug such a hole with there BS, bogus tunes, make it sound like we made this crap up, but yet got cold busted & now look like complete idiots! Its funny how they have nothing to say when the pictures do the talking yet if we didn't copy all of it before he change them we would look like the liars! Its also funny Kyle the OP in this thread takes his car to have it tuned "THE RIGHT WAY" gets 730rwhp with 640 rwtq, he picked up 57rwhp and 52rwtq plus no check engine light's on or a car running like crap & now will pass NY State inspection! I understand his got his followers on here (some people need and Idol to look up to) and that's fine but I'm curious to see how much he left on the table on some of their cars or if he even tuned them the right way??
My car is going this Tuesday to be tuned "THE RIGHT WAY" and can't wait to see what the tuner says about Tony's so called tune and see what kind of numbers it puts down. Will keep both sites informed what the out come is!

All Kyle and I wanted after we caught him red handed was our money back "NO QUESTIONS ASK"!! After we called him out on it all he wanted to do was retune the cars for free "Yea right" thats the last thing I'm looking for after this happen, he could't do right the first time! Now he just dug himself a grave, Lol

Last edited by lxconv331; 11-14-2012 at 09:39 AM.
Old 11-14-2012, 09:33 AM
On The Tree

730rwhp and 690lbft actually . I didn't have the dyno sheet available when I informed you of my new numbers and gave you the wrong info.
Old 11-15-2012, 12:15 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

this thread is done, this shop is NOT A SPONSOR and both sides have commented, and now its just a bashing thread

Quick Reply: beware of coppola motorsports