beware of coppola motorsports

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2012, 07:29 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default beware of coppola motorsports

you can follow here
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c5-f...incidence.html

or a quick run down: I took my car to coppola motorsports in malta ny in april. i paid $800 and recieved a complete garbage tune. My car put down 673 rwhp and 588 ftlbs. my check engine light was on and the car bucked like crazy.

i found a local guy named mike who also took his car to coppola to get tuned in august and also came out with 673-588. it turns out he was given my dyno sheet with a different heading and the run dates colored in with permanent marker. his car also has check engine light issues.

my dyno sheet

his dyno sheet

my messed up ve table
Old 11-09-2012, 04:10 PM
8 Second Club

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

I've never heard of them, however it appears from your experience with them that they're not very competant.
Old 11-09-2012, 04:48 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 67 Likes on 53 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

i had my formula tuned there and tony did a great job . My two friends also went there and he does great work . I have no idea what happened to you but tony is a great guy and does awesome work and takes the time with people .
Old 11-09-2012, 05:47 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by ramairetransam
i had my formula tuned there and tony did a great job . My two friends also went there and he does great work . I have no idea what happened to you but tony is a great guy and does awesome work and takes the time with people .
well he seemed like a decent guy when i dealt with him, but his tuning and business practices need major work. I was just going to let my issues with him fade but after seeing what he did with the false dyno sheet i cant just sit here and let other people get cheated out of their money. after my car not being able to pass inspection with all kinds of codes i pulled the tune. the tune was absolutely horrid. I had to have the car retuned by someone else after i paid tony $800. HE GAVE SOMEONE ELSE A FALSE DYNO SHEET BECAUSE HE COULDNT GET GOOD NUMBERS OUT OF IT. that is very shady is it not?
Old 11-09-2012, 05:56 PM
TECH Junkie

LS1Tech 10 Year

it sounds shady but id like to hear his side , i cannot believe he would do this . And his tune is great on my and mine gets great mpgs and drives wonderful .
Old 11-09-2012, 06:02 PM
On The Tree

well im glad everything is working out for you i honestly am. If you have a few minutes read the thread on the corvette forum as tony replied there.
Old 11-09-2012, 07:41 PM
TECH Regular

So let's see , your local to the other guy ? Did your car not make the power u were told it would ? I have dealt with tony numerous times and tuning as well with no issues . In fact I have never heard one bad thing about him at all .....seams to me you didn't like your Dyno sheet and trying to ruin a guy cause your car didn't run ...
Old 11-09-2012, 07:45 PM
TECH Regular

What's done to your car ????? If its a stock lower end on 8 p.s.I ya should of known that power isn't happening .
Old 11-09-2012, 08:16 PM
TECH Junkie

LS1Tech 10 Year

i just dont believe this guy , i believe tony . Ive talked with him too much and i think 5 guys i know with tunes from him are all happy and the cars run great . i really would like to know whats going on with the guys lieing or being confused with sheets .
Old 11-09-2012, 08:20 PM
TECH Regular

So I just read the thread , the shops responses sound legit and your a used car dealer ? Sounds like ya fished the sheet to sell the car and it bit ya in the *** . Way to slam a great guy and one of the few honest and good tuners. My car ran consistent 10.8,s after he tunes my ltwon on the bottle . He goes to the track and dials cars in and goes out of his way to make cars right . This is why I don't like forums cause guys like u slam good guys to make yourselves sound better .
Old 11-09-2012, 09:29 PM
On The Tree

oo boy.... ok where to start. if i had a good tune in my car why would i complain? I already said i thought tony seemed to be a decent guy when i was dealing with him. How does posting bad things about tony make me look good?

my check engine light would not go out on my car tony had the dtc's all messed up. the ve table is posted above...horrible! injector data messed up etc...... my car is a 403 with a vortech jt @13psi dynocoms read low i have no issue with my numbers a little low maybe but not complaining. im complaining about the messed up tune and fact that two people got the same dyno sheet.

the proof is there guys stop being so naive. he is your tuner you like him i get it but tell me what your concerns are with the validity of my information.
Old 11-09-2012, 10:17 PM
TECH Junkie

LS1Tech 10 Year

i just cant belive tony would **** up the tune , he has tuned many cars and fixed many other shops tunes mine included, when mine came in it was so lean couldn't even make a full pull .
He knows whats hes doing and has shown me and talked to me and others cars prove he knows what hes doing , i just dont understand how the came out shitty . Thats my gripe
Old 11-09-2012, 10:30 PM
On The Tree

well believe me i wish i had gotten the good tune i paid for and not had to deal with getting it retuned and dealing with trying to get the monitors to pass inspection. He kept me updated with my car and we carried out good conversation while i was there i will give him that. my tune is a 2bar maybe he just sucks big time with them i dont know. all i know is i paiid good money and got a wretched tune.I cant ignore the fact that he gave two people the same chart. There is definetely some foul play here on his part.
Old 11-09-2012, 10:33 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Angry

i hate reading stuff like this.

ive dealt with numerous hacks before i found a competent shop.

im not saying this is the case here though ill keep up on it but peoples disregard for screwing up someones motor and costing them money angers me.
Old 11-10-2012, 05:46 AM
TECH Regular

Well zo I talked to a good friend that works there , your car is a forged lower end 347 !!! That kept blowing charge piping off man , on top of that other issues u refused to fix cause another local shop stuffed it in ya lol . Did ya ever think your car runs wring now cause of other issues that ya didn't fix ? Nahhhhhhhh can't be your fault always blame the tuner .
Old 11-10-2012, 07:05 AM
On The Tree

he obviously doesnt know what car is mine, you might want to get your facts straight before posting false information. my car is in FACT a 99 frc with a 403 and it has never been in another shop to get work done. I am blaming the tuner for the issues i had because it was the tuners fault!!
Old 11-10-2012, 07:35 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

wow...people that arent affiliated with the shop shouldnt be in this thread postin about a situation they have no clue about. do you honestly think he would sit here and waste his time posting this crap...on 2 forums...if he was just tryin to drag this guy through the mud because??? c'mon people...the tuner fucked up...he's human...it can happen. even the best of shops **** up once in awile...it happens. this guy has absolutely nothing to gain from postin this and feels the need to open peoples eyes. if this had been a sponsor here on tech this thread would've been closed before the first reply.
Old 11-10-2012, 08:56 AM
TECH Regular

I'm not saying tony hasn't had a issue lol , no shop in the world has a perfect batting average . Tony DOES however fix it with no b.s if its his fault . What car is yours sir ? I'm under the assumption this was about the blue zo6 ? If I'm wrong exscuse me . But that thread on c.f is rediculous . If your car is the one with the Dyno sheet that made 6xx I'm willing to bet yours is legit . If ya doubt it bring it to him and let him re Dyno it man , he will do it . Am I sticking up for tony ? Obv yes cause I run a 94 camaro with a lt1 and I had a horrible tuning experiance with another local tuner . I brought the car to tony once I found out about him , he came right out and looked it over along with my time slips and drove it . The next day I handed him the keys to fix it , a little under a weak later he had me come up and watch the car on the Dyno and see how it felt . The car MADE 160 more h.p and almost 120 trq just with a good tune . On the jug the car finally came to life. On a tune alone from I went from a 11.6 @119 to a 10.8@130 with no other changes . He came to the track and got more out of it . My car is now going ls and guess what tony is building the motor . I have sent no less than 50+ of my closest friends to him and Noone has said 1 bad thing about him other than sometimes he takes a while ! That is also changing as he is going to a bigger facility and gaining another employee .
Old 11-10-2012, 09:55 AM
On The Tree

In my case my issue was not fixed. i was told the check engine light was on because i just needed to drive it. i was told it didnt matter if my injector data was messed up. After i confronted him about my concerns and the answers i was given were not satisfactory i went elsewheres for a tune and i am extremely happy with it now no check engine lights on and important data is set up correctly. I took a big dollar hit with him and i said to myself whatever its not worth my time complaining. Once i saw that he gave someone else the same dyno sheet as me i had to say something. I dont want people to have to throw away hard earned money like i did on something they can get done correctly elsewhere. Everyone keeps saying mike (blue z06) made up the dyno sheet saying no way that car would make that kind of power and that tony never gave that sheet to him. c'mon really guys? tony even had a picture of mikes car on his page with it saying 680rwhp. He took my graph changed the heading,deleted the afr chart because it was messed up anyways, blackened out the date and gave it to mike to shut him up about having low dyno numbers and figured he would never get caught.

I however am not saying he didnt do a good job on your car but in my case i got ripped off. People need to know where and where not to spend their hard earned money, and they should not spend it at coppola. You say no shop is perfect and i concur, but if the shop makes a mistake it should fix the problem or better yet know what they are doing before they accept the task. If he didnt know how to tune my car correctly then he should have swallowed his pride and said i cant do it instead of hacking together a tune and taking my money.

to answer your question my car is a white frc not the blue z06. The complaints againt coppola are by two separate people...... with the same dyno sheet lol
Old 11-10-2012, 11:56 AM
8 Second Club

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

The Facebook pictures you copied and posted on Corvette Forum are showing a few contadictions to the companies story.

Quick Reply: beware of coppola motorsports