Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

O`Mally`s Proposed Gun Laws

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2013, 05:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default O`Mally`s Proposed Gun Laws

I just found this on a Local Gun club site.

It seems they are swinging for the bleachers down here in MD. For those of us south of the border, here are the highlights of O'Malley's plan:

• An across-the-board ban on commonly owned semi-automatic firearms
• Restrict magazine capacity to no more than ten rounds
• Require a five-year state permit to purchase a firearm which would be obtained after prospective gun purchasers complete a mandatory gun safety class with a live fire component, submit their fingerprints to a state-run database, and undergo a state-funded background check with a potential wait time from application to approval of up to 30 days - permit is renewable
• Broaden the list of disqualifying mental health criteria and conditions
• Grant police additional authority to confiscate firearms
• Require an additional federal background check at the actual time of purchase
• Impose a seven-day waiting period before a purchaser can take possession of their firearm
• Restrict the purchase or possession of ammunition for certain firearms
• Require that persons moving into Maryland register all regulated firearms with the Maryland State Police and pay a $15 fee per application
• Ban persons from bringing "assault long guns" into Maryland unless the firearm was registered with the Maryland State Police before November 1, 2013.
• Impose mandatory training requirements for permits to carry a handgun
• Ban certain turkey shotguns with pistol grips and adjustable/telescoping stocks
Old 01-23-2013, 06:07 PM
On The Tree

That doesnt suprise me at all .these tree huggin gun haters want to make it real hard to obtain or own a firearm.They will have to pry the guns out of my cold dead hand to get mine.In indiana its still possible to get a lifetime permit to carry ,cost ya 125 bucks and about 60 days to get right now .It use to be 2 weeks but so many people are applying theres a back log.I guess MARYLAND isnt a place i could ever live if this passes.
Old 01-23-2013, 06:10 PM
10 Second Club

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

But of course the same banning of anything would not apply to the scumbag policy makers.
People are really starting to get tired of this ****. I feel an uproar coming.
Old 01-23-2013, 06:12 PM
Launching!

just bought another tonight..... cant stop me! seems like if you buy and register before nov 2013 you wont have any problems... that is if it passes.
Old 01-23-2013, 07:18 PM
TECH Regular

I live in ma and we are right behind ca for strict gun laws, and it sucks. I also see to many states and people getting bs at all this crap. Then when they try to put security in schools they get mad about, Go F your selves i say. I graduated high school in 2004. Since I could remember here we always had a school cop, armed, from the local dept. That's what we should be pushing, not more gun control that's just pissing people off. Good luck in md boys, you get the shaft with our "king" in office in your home state.
Old 01-23-2013, 10:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It's brutal. For an Marylanders who care, the bills are going to be debated in Senate committee on Feb. 6th @1pm. We can use all the bodies we can get to show up. If you come to the hearings, your testimony can be as simple as "I oppose this bill". I'd also suggest joining MD Shall Issue and getting involved on MDShooters.com. We need to fight this BS.

Last edited by Double-aught_Z/28; 01-28-2013 at 01:10 PM.
Old 01-27-2013, 11:52 PM
10 Second Club

Exclamation

It's getting VERY bad out there...the crap NY state passed last week (7 round magazine limits! ) was clearly the work of an irrational madman (aka: Andrew Cuomo).
Please don't forget all of this if/when this clown runs for president in 2016.

Originally Posted by senicalj4579
People are really starting to get tired of this ****. I feel an uproar coming.
True dat.
I hope these policymakers know exactly what they're doing with this ****.
Over 280 million firearms in the hands of over 90 million angry U.S. citizens, I'd have to highly recommend NOT pissing them all off too much.
Old 01-28-2013, 04:51 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I am sure everyone is familiar with the big Eastern Outdoor show in Harrisburg, it has been postponed this year for a good reason..

http://washingtonexaminer.com/nra-bo...9#.UQF2QB3BFT6

http://lancasteronline.com/article/l...door-Show.html
Old 01-28-2013, 01:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Giddswat
I am sure everyone is familiar with the big Eastern Outdoor show in Harrisburg, it has been postponed this year for a good reason..

We showed them how much influence we have. It's costing the management company more than just that show too. They also manage the SHOT show. The company that owns SHOT said they'd be looking into other options for managing the show next year.
Old 01-28-2013, 01:50 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Giddswat

Originally Posted by Double-aught_Z/28
We showed them how much influence we have. It's costing the management company more than just that show too. They also manage the SHOT show. The company that owns SHOT said they'd be looking into other options for managing the show next year.
Yes I'd been reading about that, crazy stuff but they had it coming.
You don't cower down and retreat when presented with a hurdle/roadblock like this, you forge ahead and keep fighting. I don't like what happened in Newtown CT or Aurora CO either but this has little to do with them.
I hope those organizers at least learned something from this MAJOR loss/boycott.
Old 01-28-2013, 07:42 PM
Teching In

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

The proposed bills are embedded in the link below:

http://www.nraila.org/legislation/st...=&st=10484&ps=

I will become a resident of VA if this passes.
Old 01-28-2013, 08:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TwinTurboTurd
The proposed bills are embedded in the link below:

http://www.nraila.org/legislation/st...=&st=10484&ps=

I will become a resident of VA if this passes.
Honestly, I'll probably become a resident of the Old Dominion state too if this crap passes. BUT, I'm not going down without a fight. I'll be joining the masses in Annapolis on Feb 6th to be heard before the Senate Judicial Committee. Hopefully we can get at least a 1000.

EDIT: INFO on FEB 6th for anyone interested in attending: http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=103308

Last edited by Double-aught_Z/28; 01-28-2013 at 08:20 PM.
Old 01-28-2013, 08:09 PM
11 Second Club

I've already took off work and will be there. We can beat this. I believe Mdshooters.com is expecting in the neighborhood of 500+ bodies showing up to fight this. Should be interesting.
Old 01-28-2013, 08:23 PM
Teching In

Come on, You guys are so negative.
" The mentally Ill and the criminal element in our country respond so well to legislation. This new set of rules should eclipse the confusion surrounding there failure to comply with the current set of rules. Good thing for politicians. Hey without them we would probably be in financial trouble or worse."
Old 01-28-2013, 09:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 64 Likes on 46 Posts

glad i live in Louisiana lol. bought a colt 1911 double eagle sunday. fill out a form, the guy called in my info and thats it.
Old 01-28-2013, 09:39 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Cajun ELESS-ONE
glad i live in Louisiana lol. bought a colt 1911 double eagle sunday. fill out a form, the guy called in my info and thats it.
Yea, here you would've had to fill out a lengthy form, pay $10, then wait a minimum of 7 days.(20+ days right now due to the panic backlog) Then you can't buy another one for 30 days.
Old 01-28-2013, 09:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 64 Likes on 46 Posts

^^^ omg. that is crazy. I went to the gun show that happens every few months. people can bring guns in, who were not vendors and sell them privately. You could buy as many as you want. I bought mine from a guy who had a table has a store. I think he had a ffl as well. The form was only a page long. He called a number and confirmed my info, wrote a receipt, and thats it. You have to be 18 to personally buy a shot gun or rifle and 21 to buy a pistol.
Old 01-28-2013, 10:04 PM
11 Second Club

Yea, here you would've had to fill out a lengthy form, pay $10, then wait a minimum of 7 days.(20+ days right now due to the panic backlog) Then you can't buy another one for 30 days.
not me. Become a designated collector. It's free and then you can buy as many regulated firearms as you want, whenever you want. Still 7 day wait tho.
Old 01-28-2013, 10:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by INMY01TA
not me. Become a designated collector. It's free and then you can buy as many regulated firearms as you want, whenever you want. Still 7 day wait tho.
I'm waiting on mine
But given the backlog on purchases, they're probably not even touching collector apps right now.
Old 01-29-2013, 03:10 AM
10 Second Club

Yeah that's similar to NJ as well, except for handguns we can be waiting up to 30+ days just to get the 'Permit to Purchase' needed to buy one (limited to one every 30 days as well). But then there's no waiting period after that other than the $15.00 NICS check which is usually instant by phone (been taking up to a week via fax lately).

Quick Reply: O`Mally`s Proposed Gun Laws