Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Which should i buy? Guns.

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2013, 10:20 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We get the mASSatwoshits triggers here on the m&p's due to the AG regulations they are artificially heavy at 10+lbs, you can pick up a trigger kit for them fairly cheap.
Old 03-13-2013, 09:36 AM
Launching!

Not sure how the m&p is modified for mass, but I own both a m&p .40(easily have 1500+ rounds through) and i just recently bought a SR9c to move to my ccw gun and i can honestly say the fit/finish on the ruger is a much lower quality, from the way the slide comes off, finish on the barrel, feel of the main spring housing.. I sold my USP .45 to buy my m&p and so far it has the absolute best trigger on any factory trigger other then the XDM. The break and reset is very crisp and timed nearly perfect. Ill be looking to get rid of my SR9c very soon once i find a M&P shield for ccw. SR series are great for the price that they originally were... a lower end gun, but you really cant compare it to a midrange gun such as a m&p, xdm, sig 2022..etc
Old 03-13-2013, 11:13 AM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Mass must be different because it was the exact opposite when i shot the m&p
Old 03-13-2013, 03:55 PM
11 Second Club

I believe Ma makes them use heavier trigger because it lacks an external safety, or something along those lines. I know a gun lke a 1911 doesn't need the heavy trigger because it has a grip safety. Something like that anyhow, like I said, i think Apex makes a trigger kit that will cleanup the m&p to what you free staters get to have.
Old 03-14-2013, 08:11 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The DA/SA triggers on the full frame M&P's are modified in MA for extra weight (amongst other things), but I'd rather a M&P with a apex kit over just about any ruger. The M&Ps are really nice guns for the $.

The shield on the other hand is DA only, and quite honestly has a nicer trigger than the Full frames and compacts, great just the way it is. Compared to the DA only on the Ruger (say LC9) was horrible.

Ruger makes fine guns, I do think you get a little better fit and finish with a smith, but both are reliable and good shooters with long history's.

And I will still take my HK's and Sigs over both of them every time

For a 1911 I always wanted a colt combat commander, The Ruger 1911 is nice too, I do not think you can go wrong with either a smith or ruger 1911. Four Seasons sells a ton of the Smith 1911's go talk to them too, E series is nice.

http://rugerforum.net/ruger-pistols/...-e-series.html

I'd prefer not to CCW a 1911, they show there age big time today. It's a classic and a collectors piece, while I love em' there are much better options in almost every aspect for ccw if I want to throw .45 down range or something similar. If you can successfully carry one in that fasion thats great, but most can't.
Old 03-14-2013, 08:41 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here's some MA info for yeah

http://www.mass.gov/ago/government-r...-cmr-1600.html

http://www.mass.gov/eopss/firearms-r...roved-rosters/
Old 03-14-2013, 03:17 PM
11 Second Club

Exactly what I was looking for yesterday! Anyhow, if you ever make it down this way I shoot up at Singltary in Oxford and wuld be willing to let you try out what I have.

Quick Reply: Which should i buy? Guns.