Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Anybody in NJ with CTSV or 5th Gen Front brake upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2013, 10:27 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Anybody in NJ with CTSV or 5th Gen Front brake upgrade

As the title says. I am looking for someone in New Jersey/Southern NY state or Eastern PA to test fit one of my front rims on their car with the CTSV or 5th Gen 4 piston Brembo caliper upgrade. I have set of Simmons wheels I had built back in 2002. I know they were speced for fitting the C5 Z06 calipers. I will have to call Group A to see if they still have the exact specs. It is 18x9.5 with a 1.5 inch outer lip. I cant even measure the distance to the caliper since I have stock LT1 brakes.

Thanks,
Derek
Old 03-25-2013, 01:05 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

measure the clearance you have between your currant caliper and spokes. i forget what the min distance is but if you run a search there is a thread on it. i know if you have atleast an inch of clearance than you'll be ok with the cts-v or Camaro ss Brembos. if you have anything less than an inch that illl say its gonna be very tight. i have this conversion but not yet installed.
Old 03-25-2013, 03:34 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by TNTramair
measure the clearance you have between your currant caliper and spokes. i forget what the min distance is but if you run a search there is a thread on it. i know if you have atleast an inch of clearance than you'll be ok with the cts-v or Camaro ss Brembos. if you have anything less than an inch that illl say its gonna be very tight. i have this conversion but not yet installed.
I read through that thread. The only problem with measuring mine is they are LT1 calipers on LT1 spindles not LS1.

I also called Group A and they said they no longer have info from that long ago.

Derek.
Old 03-25-2013, 05:08 PM
TECH Apprentice

What's it look like with the lt1 calipers? Worst case you'll need a 1/4 spacer, no big deal really. I'm running 18x8.5 fronts with 5th gen brakes. I ran a spacer because the caliper was hitting the outer rim not the spoke. It's super tight but all is well.

Quick Reply: Anybody in NJ with CTSV or 5th Gen Front brake upgrade