Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

My Powerhaus-Performance experience

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2013, 02:02 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TNTramair
yeah you aint kidding....lol. should see the thread someone posted up about ECS in the lounge. it was a good read before it got locked up.
that ones funny and sad
Old 06-10-2013, 02:18 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

For peace of mind, I would take the car to another reputable tuner, flash back to the stock tune, and start all over. Too many variables to understand where the tune went wrong though, because I DID notice your car hesitating on the dyno while making pulls in the video. As for the exhaust catastrophe, that's your bad. You can't hand someone a jigsaw puzzle of exhaust parts and expect them to be perfect.

Last edited by LSnights09; 06-13-2013 at 08:46 AM.
Old 06-10-2013, 02:19 PM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by TNTramair
yeah you aint kidding....lol. should see the thread someone posted up about ECS in the lounge. it was a good read before it got locked up.

Damn that was a funny read. My days of putting up with an *** like that are completely done.

I find it funny with 'pro-tuners', or people who charge to tune your car. Every one says the same thing, oh, who tuned your car, it's complete garbage. I heard that a couple times and finally had enough and bought HPtuners and learned to tune myself, and after 13 years of ownership, my car runs pretty well and hasn't blown up, wait, it did, but that wasn't the tune, that was 15psi on a stock rod/piston.

Seriously, no offense to the shops, but people need to start to learn to either not cut corners when paying a shop to do work, ie, pay for all new parts that fit properly, or learn to do it yourself. It's more rewarding, and you save some money, and you don't have to thank anyone or put their sticker in your window. But if that's outside of your ability or desire, then you have to pony up and pay.

Last edited by The Alchemist; 06-10-2013 at 02:31 PM.
Old 06-10-2013, 02:26 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by The Alchemist

Damn that was a funny read. My days of putting up with an *** like that are completely done.

I find it funny with 'pro-tuners', or people who charge to tune your car. Every one says the same thing, oh, who tuned your car, it's complete garbage. I heard that a couple times and finally had enough and bought HPtuners and learned to tune myself, and after 13 years of ownership, my car runs pretty well and has blown up, wait, it did, but that wasn't the tune, that was 15psi on a stock rod/piston.

Seriously, no offense to the shops, but people need to start to learn to either not cut corners when paying a shop to do work, ie, pay for all new parts that fit properly, or learn to do it yourself. It's more rewarding, and you save some money, and you don't have to thank anyone or put their sticker in your window.
I hear you man..

I know its hard for me working full time, With kids, and college as well. I dont have time to sit down and learn the ways of tuning on HP tuners. I do have time to drop my car off with a person that I trust with my car and pay him a fee and what I get back is a car that makes more power on the dyno and also the most important... RUNS FASTER AT THE TRACK.... I have more fun driving the cars after they are tuned as well, all while not harming the motor or Auto Tranny.... Its that simple..
Old 06-10-2013, 03:33 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by SLOW SEDAN
I agree...

I was betting you would show up in this thread. Odd you just changed your signature to take out Twisted Minds Racing as you posted in this thread... is Tommy the mystery tuner?
Since im being pulled in this thread i will say this Mike has the Copy of the tune read out of his computer un touched by anyone but Roshan and the emailed tune Roshan sent him to correct the TCC problem he was having.

Any one with HPT can read it and do a comparison to the file to see that they are in fact one in the same other than the TCC correction as he stated in his email to Mike.

As Andrew comented on other issues with the tune you will find the same issues in both files.
Old 06-10-2013, 05:41 PM
Teching In

The Drama Queens are back at it again.
Old 06-10-2013, 05:50 PM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

It's a case of a battle between people trying to cut corners and pinch pennies, which I completely understand, and businesses trying to deliver to the customer's desires while still being profitable and making money. Those two things fight each other, and it results in threads like this.

Now that ECS thread is just ridiculous. I would have stopped Doug at the first moment he started insulting me, and would have said, thank you for your time, give me my car, I'll go somewhere else. It's like hiring a contractor to come into your house to do some kind of home improvement. They agree, then when they show up they do nothing but bitch at you and insult your home.

F that. The way I look at it, I'm a professional, and act accordingly not only at my job, but in my personal life. It's obvious that although Doug may own a business, he's far from a professional.
Old 06-10-2013, 08:08 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by The Alchemist
Now that ECS thread is just ridiculous. It's obvious that although DOUG may own a business, he's far from a professional.
Doug is a NUTCASE.

He is also the perfect example of how one doesn't need to have talent. One only needs to know how to sell his services.

Last edited by firehawk 385; 06-10-2013 at 08:16 PM.
Old 06-10-2013, 09:18 PM
8 Second Club

Received 945 Likes on 701 Posts

Originally Posted by Reaper SS
Since im being pulled in this thread i will say this Mike has the Copy of the tune read out of his computer un touched by anyone but Roshan and the emailed tune Roshan sent him to correct the TCC problem he was having.

Any one with HPT can read it and do a comparison to the file to see that they are in fact one in the same other than the TCC correction as he stated in his email to Mike.

As Andrew comented on other issues with the tune you will find the same issues in both files.
Then who is the mystery person pulling and loading the tunes? Tweedle-dee and tweedle-dum already complained about tune prices and credits so its obvious they don't own HPT. Multiple people on multiple forums have chimed in (including Andrew) to say whats posted doesn't look like Roshans work... so who is the middle man with the agenda?

I find it funny the OP is complaining about the work when he has rusted screws holding in his fake grill covers... He cheaped out on parts but paid to have his stock brake calipers powdercoated rather then buying the proper x-pipe. Priorities... learn from your mistakes.
Old 06-10-2013, 10:44 PM
TECH Regular

Then who is the mystery person pulling and loading the tunes? Tweedle-dee and tweedle-dum already complained about tune prices and credits so its obvious they don't own HPT. Multiple people on multiple forums have chimed in (including Andrew) to say whats posted doesn't look like Roshans work... so who is the middle man with the agenda?

I find it funny the OP is complaining about the work when he has rusted screws holding in his fake grill covers... He cheaped out on parts but paid to have his stock brake calipers powdercoated rather then buying the proper x-pipe. Priorities... learn from your mistakes.
I hope your not an Detective or Investigator..

To me Borla exhaust is not cheaping out on parts.. If the shop would have said they couldnt do it or after they did try to make the part work, actually took the time to look at the result and see how crappy it was and told Mike that, he would have gotton the ARH xpipe. The fact that the car left the shop with the exhaust all mangled like that were the tips are burning the plastic diffuser because they are so far off center, It astonishes me. If it were my work I would not want to have my name on that job. Again the fact that he took it to a muffler shop and they were easily able to correct the xpipe and now it looks almost perfect.. I dont get it how a shop can work on Lamborgini's, and Porsche and do extensive work on them, but cant fab up a exhaust pipe to work on a Pontiac?? Can you explain that?

If this was your shop and your Tech did that kind of custom exhaust work would you have approved it to be turned over to the customer?

Last edited by 1998silverbird; 06-10-2013 at 10:59 PM.
Old 06-10-2013, 11:05 PM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by 1998silverbird
I hope your not an Detective or Investigator..

To me Borla exhaust is not cheaping out on parts.. If the shop would have said they couldnt do it or after they did try to make the part work, actually took the time to look at the result and see how crappy it was and told Mike that, he would have gotton the ARH xpipe. The fact that the car left the shop with the exhaust all mangled like that were the tips are burning the plastic diffuser because they are so far off center, It astonishes me. If it were my work I would not want to have my name on that job. Again the fact that he took it to a muffler shop and they were easily able to correct the xpipe and now it looks almost perfect.. I dont get it how a shop can work on Lamborgini's, and Porsche and do extensive work on them, but cant fab up a exhaust pipe to work on a Pontiac?? Can you explain that?
So where are the perfect exhaust pictures?

True, really he could have sold the Borla for almost the same price as what an ARH midpipe and some mufflers cost and avoided the problem all together. I've mated a 3" Magnaflow to Kooks long tubes and it takes a good bit of work and welding, and even then its super close to rubbing, its certainly more then $150 worth of work.
Old 06-10-2013, 11:33 PM
TECH Regular

So where are the perfect exhaust pictures?

True, really he could have sold the Borla for almost the same price as what an ARH midpipe and some mufflers cost and avoided the problem all together. I've mated a 3" Magnaflow to Kooks long tubes and it takes a good bit of work and welding, and even then its super close to rubbing, its certainly more then $150 worth of work.

Exactly what your saying... If they came out and told him that its not worth the trouble or that they are not good enough to fab it he could have sold that xpipe and got the right one. But after they hacked it up the way they did, nobody would have wanted it on there car!! That was one of the things he asked them on Facebook after he got the car back. A simple phone call saying we are not confident we can make this work and we dont want to mess up your borla xpipe if we cant get it to work correctly!! Again simple and perfectly fine to say!! As a customer thats what I want to hear. Truth...

Did your Magnaflow look like that when you were done with it?

Again I ask you would you have let that car leave your shop with that exhaust like it was??

As far as pictures you have to ask Mike.

Last edited by 1998silverbird; 06-10-2013 at 11:38 PM.
Old 06-10-2013, 11:47 PM
Teching In

Tomorrow will be very entertaining. When I was a kid, my great uncle told me "stay back and watch the fuse burn". Good advice...especially when I didn't light it.

Last edited by Uncko Macko; 06-10-2013 at 11:56 PM.
Old 06-10-2013, 11:57 PM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by Uncko Macko
Tomorrow will be very interesting.
Are you going to pick up your wheels and get your refund? I doubt it... so maybe your going to replace the rusted screws?
Old 06-11-2013, 12:07 AM
Teching In

No. One, they still haven't contacted me. Two, They aren't done. No clear coat on the face. Not trying to get $2000 wheels corroded.
Old 06-11-2013, 08:35 AM
8 Second Club

No. One, they still haven't contacted me. Two, They aren't done. No clear coat on the face. Not trying to get $2000 wheels corroded.
lol so your gonna stalemate... you call them out on multiple forums, on which they told you to come get your ****. But you want them to still call you, sorry ***** in your court at this point. If you wanted them to call you, should have thought of that before you created a **** storm.
Old 06-11-2013, 08:39 AM

One, we have sent you multiple emails and you knew the wheels were here via conversation with Devious Creations.

Two, you knew the wheels are here via conversation with the powdercoater why haven't you just stopped by? We are here everyday from 9am-8pm.

Three, the wheels are DONE. You knew there wasn't clear coat on the polished faces like in this screen shot with Devious Creations and you were "ok" with it. He explained the situation to you instead of doing what you requested and having it come out looking subpar.

Four, you know how much it cost to do the job. You brought the wheels directly to the powdercoater and discussed pricing and the job with them. We were only to facilitate getting the tpms sensors and tires mounted for you as a courtesy service. I was going to personally drop them off at decent installer in Philadelphia so they would not get scratched up. The amount is also on your original receipt with us minus the $50 dollars.

Five, what makes you think they will rust or corrode? They are machine face FROM THE FACTORY and DO NOT have clear coat on the polished portions.

Six, YOUR WHEELS ARE READY FOR PICK UP. Your tires are here. Your TPMS sensors are also here. You still need to clear your $1500 bill from the credit card being denied twice. Please stop in today as I will be here until at least 7pm.

Last edited by m3ntal; 06-11-2013 at 08:55 AM.
Old 06-11-2013, 10:26 AM
Teching In

Negative. Today was the first email I have received since 23May13.

That conversation with Devious Creations was on friday night. Thats a work week and you never contacted me. Saying OK to a statement that my wheels where not done to my request but the bill will be adjusted accordingly. Notice there is no amount specified in the message. Yet you are still telling me $820. Ya ok...
Old 06-11-2013, 10:30 AM
Teching In

Damages and out of pocket expenses are much more than $1500. Like I told you earlier. My car is in the shop. I will be at your place of business with all applicable documents when my car has finally been taken care of.

You had a month to fix my car...Another month to reply to my emails about my problems and costs to me to fix it. Don't act like this is new.
Old 06-11-2013, 10:32 AM
Tire Smoking Tranny Blowing Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

wow bitching at a company while they still have your stuff....Great way to have your stuff get screwed up.

Quick Reply: My Powerhaus-Performance experience