Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

My Powerhaus-Performance experience

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2013, 10:27 AM
8 Second Club

Received 944 Likes on 700 Posts

Originally Posted by NOTFAST
I'm sure Powerhaus appreciates you commenting in this thread.
More then your useless post.

Originally Posted by z28C4maro82z
The exhaust shop issue, how much did the place charge to "fix" the problem. They did the best with what they could. The dude didn't want to pay for the right stuff so he got the best they could do on a severely discounted price. They should have charged him full boat. Also, the Midas shop may have "fixed" his problem for cheap in hopes to "buy" his business. This is not uncommon to do, I surely would fix someones car for cheap on the hopes I get his repeat business. The dude should have just paid for the right piping. Dudes trying to have Filet Mignon on a cheeseburger budget.

As for his G8, I'm sure we all can figure out that something is fishy there. Doesn't seem to be all correct with that aspect. There is also a lot that goes into drag racing we can all agree. Was his MPH up, but 60' down. There are tons that go into it, but I call BS. Seems like there is a "mystery tuner" who is F'N with Roshans stuff, and pinning the blame on Powerhaus. Roshan has made my vehicle's pur like kittens, and drive like raped apes. I've always picked up MPH, HP, and TQ with his tunes. Seems to me this is the 1st guy that is complaining that he lost power. Seems funny to me. Roshan is tried and true, and has a lot of happy customers. Me included, and clearly TONS on this forum.

I agree the exhaust didn't look great, but for god sakes don't try to ball of a budget. He complains he spent 6k but cheaped out on the mid pipe....Also knew he had a problem with the suspension, but denied to have them fix it. Dudes a douche nugget.
Agree... Roshan has tuned the fastest stock motor NA G8, fastest cam only G8, and the fastest blower only G8 that still hold records. Thats not counting the plethora of insanely fast turbo Corvettes, Camaro's etc... plain and simple the guy knows what he is doing. Just because the loose nut behind the wheel cant get the new power down the track isnt the tuners fault.
Old 06-12-2013, 11:04 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by z28C4maro82z
The exhaust shop issue, how much did the place charge to "fix" the problem. They did the best with what they could. The dude didn't want to pay for the right stuff so he got the best they could do on a severely discounted price. They should have charged him full boat. Also, the Midas shop may have "fixed" his problem for cheap in hopes to "buy" his business. This is not uncommon to do, I surely would fix someones car for cheap on the hopes I get his repeat business. The dude should have just paid for the right piping. Dudes trying to have Filet Mignon on a cheeseburger budget.

As for his G8, I'm sure we all can figure out that something is fishy there. Doesn't seem to be all correct with that aspect. There is also a lot that goes into drag racing we can all agree. Was his MPH up, but 60' down. There are tons that go into it, but I call BS. Seems like there is a "mystery tuner" who is F'N with Roshans stuff, and pinning the blame on Powerhaus. Roshan has made my vehicle's pur like kittens, and drive like raped apes. I've always picked up MPH, HP, and TQ with his tunes. Seems to me this is the 1st guy that is complaining that he lost power. Seems funny to me. Roshan is tried and true, and has a lot of happy customers. Me included, and clearly TONS on this forum.

I agree the exhaust didn't look great, but for god sakes don't try to ball of a budget. He complains he spent 6k but cheaped out on the mid pipe....Also knew he had a problem with the suspension, but denied to have them fix it. Dudes a douche nugget.

Think it was around 300.00 with them using new stainless steel pipes to fix the xpipe. Still 300.00 to modify your Borla Xpipe is still 400-500 bucks cheaper then getting the correct X-pipe and if it works without scraping, Rubbing, or miss alignend then all is good correct? I mean Slow Sedan said he was able to mod his Magnaflow X-pipe to work with his headers and as far as I know he doesnt have a performance shop like Powerhaus..If a regular hobbiest can do it why cant the best G8 performance shop do it correctly? If thats the best that Powerhaus can do with custom exhaust work then I am sorry that is horrible! According to you those pics are the best work they can do..

Again I ask if this were your shop would you hand this car over to the customer with the way it looked exhaust wise?

With a catback, intake, and tune the car went 12.9@109 with a 2.0 60'. High 50's

With Headers, catback, intake, 3200 stall, lowered and retune the car went 13.1@106 with a 2.0 60' in better weather conditions.. low 50's

With Headers, catback, intake, 3200 stall, lowered and a pretty much stock tune the car went 12.8@111 with a 2.0 60' in worse weather conditions. 75 degrees and humid

Originally Posted by SLOW SEDAN
More then your useless post.

Agree... Roshan has tuned the fastest stock motor NA G8, fastest cam only G8, and the fastest blower only G8 that still hold records. Thats not counting the plethora of insanely fast turbo Corvettes, Camaro's etc... plain and simple the guy knows what he is doing. Just because the loose nut behind the wheel cant get the new power down the track isnt the tuners fault.
Pretty much the same 60' foot on each runs. Its not like he is running slower because his 60' is getting worse. Its not..

If they are so confident in there tune then why offer the customer a refund on the tune? Isnt that like saying we werent able to get your tune right so here is a refund and your old tune? I want a tuner to be confident in there tune to stand behind it 100%.. They already said on the G8 board that they were 100% confident that the engine part of the tune was correct.. They didnt mention anything about the tranny portion of the tune. Why is that? They made 5 revisions of the original tune so apperantly there was some issues with the tune. If there wasnt then why make revisions to it? The customer already had a tune from Roshan before so he already knew what to excpect except with this new tune alot of things were not right.. .

Last edited by 1998silverbird; 06-12-2013 at 11:13 AM.
Old 06-12-2013, 11:20 AM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by 1998silverbird
Think it was around 300.00 with them using new stainless steel pipes to fix the xpipe. Still 300.00 to modify your Borla Xpipe is still 400-500 bucks cheaper then getting the correct X-pipe and if it works without scraping, Rubbing, or miss alignend then all is good correct? I mean Slow Sedan said he was able to mod his Magnaflow X-pipe to work with his headers and as far as I know he doesnt have a performance shop like Powerhaus..If a regular hobbiest can do it why cant the best G8 performance shop do it correctly? If thats the best that Powerhaus can do with custom exhaust work then I am sorry that is horrible! According to you those pics are the best work they can do..

Again I ask if this were your shop would you hand this car over to the customer with the way it looked exhaust wise?

With a catback, intake, and tune the car went 12.9@109 with a 2.0 60'. High 50's

With Headers, catback, intake, 3200 stall, lowered and retune the car went 13.1@106 with a 2.0 60' in better weather conditions.. low 50's

With Headers, catback, intake, 3200 stall, lowered and a pretty much stock tune the car went 12.8@111 with a 2.0 60' in worse weather conditions. 75 degrees and humid

Pretty much the same 60' foot on each runs. Its not like he is running slower because his 60' is getting worse. Its not..
So paying $300 to modify a pipe you already paid $150 to fix, so your $450 and a bunch of time and effort into an x-pipe that would have only cost $650-750 new and could have sold the old one for $4-500 or so. The reasoning here just doesnt make sense. The OP cheaped out and he paid more in the end for it.

I did mod a dual 3" exhaust to Kooks headers because nobody makes a setup like that. I actually do have access to a professional shop and the welds were done by a certified TIG welder. Even then it took us a few hours of lining things up and getting it right because its super close under the car. You have to cut the pipe, change the angles, flanges, etc..

Why is a modded car with a stall running a 2.0 60'? Need a driver mod! Post up the time slips.
Old 06-12-2013, 11:35 AM
TECH Fanatic

This is like a circus in here. It's pretty clear that Roshan, and Powerhaus-Performance are well renowned for being extremely good at what they do. As with everything in life there is always someone who is looking for a problem. There is something extremely shady with the tuning here. Roshan goes on an hour long test drive, and nothing happens. However, when Roshan isn't around the car it acts up all the time.

Dudes shady, and there are always going to be shady people out there. You gotta roll with the punches, and I'm very confident that Powerhaus-Performance will continue to be one of the top shops, and I'm sure this guy will have some mystery tuner funking with his car. Sure he was just looking for ways to get a discount, or get out of paying or just looking for reasons to verbally bash the shop.

It's all good, pay the bill get your **** and move on. Quit your bitching, pull up your wife/girlfriends panties and get to steppin.....
Old 06-12-2013, 12:00 PM
Launching!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

If you can't figure out who the "mystery" tuner is go back and read the thread he posted in it! He's not even returning the g8 so why would he go messing up Roshans tuning?
Yes he was trying to be cheap on the exhaust but the shop said they could make it work. Maybe part of your turn issue was the exhaust hitting the floor causing a false knock and pulling timing.

Last edited by Mgill; 06-12-2013 at 12:24 PM.
Old 06-12-2013, 12:25 PM
Teching In

I know they have done good work or I wouldn't have went there.

I created these threads for people to know what happened.

Anyone who doubts the tune, pm me your email address for proof.
Old 06-12-2013, 12:50 PM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by Mgill
If you can't figure out who the "mystery" tuner is go back and read the thread he posted in it! He's not even returning the g8 so why would he go messing up Roshans tuning?
Yes he was trying to be cheap on the exhaust but the shop said they could make it work. Maybe part of your turn issue was the exhaust hitting the floor causing a false knock and pulling timing.
lol... Yeah he chimed in after one of his changed his signature before posting to bash Powerhaus as he has done on multiple forums even though hes not a customer.

From the OP's original post: "Paid a tuner to datalog, load stock tune, and make slight adjustments just to get it drivable with the aftermarket converter."
Old 06-12-2013, 01:01 PM
Teching In

I have the tune in an email from powerhaus. PM your email address and I will forward it to you.
Old 06-12-2013, 01:07 PM
Eastern Regional Coordinator

Are you the guy I met in OC at wawa that one night?

Red G8 shouting about all of this on the corner in front of CVS?
Old 06-12-2013, 01:51 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Uncko Macko
I have the tune in an email from powerhaus. PM your email address and I will forward it to you.
You've done made everthing else public why not post ur tune for the public.
Old 06-12-2013, 01:51 PM
TECH Regular

So paying $300 to modify a pipe you already paid $150 to fix, so your $450 and a bunch of time and effort into an x-pipe that would have only cost $650-750 new and could have sold the old one for $4-500 or so. The reasoning here just doesnt make sense. The OP cheaped out and he paid more in the end for it.

I did mod a dual 3" exhaust to Kooks headers because nobody makes a setup like that. I actually do have access to a professional shop and the welds were done by a certified TIG welder. Even then it took us a few hours of lining things up and getting it right because its super close under the car. You have to cut the pipe, change the angles, flanges, etc..

Why is a modded car with a stall running a 2.0 60'? Need a driver mod! Post up the time slips.

So what your saying is Powerhaus is not a certified Tig welder and thats why they could not do it correctly? If thats the case then why did they say they could? You took the time and did it correctly so it can be done correctly. Why couldnt Powerhaus do that?

Again if this was your shop would you have let the car leave your shop with the exhaust the way it was? Yes or No.. Why wont you just answer that simple question?

So the car running the same 60' while making 40-50 more hp then it did prior should run slower then it did before the mods? Then that same car on a pretty much stock trans tune runs faster then it ever has all while cutting around the same 60'!

Again none of us are saying that Powerhaus hasnt done great work in the past. Thats why Mike brought his G8 there. They have done pretty bad *** G8's.. It just sucks that all this crap happened to Mikes G8.

Last edited by 1998silverbird; 06-12-2013 at 01:56 PM.
Old 06-12-2013, 01:58 PM
Launching!

after reading this and talk of it "slowing down" i'd love to see the time slips posted. not "around the same 60 foot", etc. i think the proof would really be in the actual time slip, not someone guessing what his times were.
Old 06-12-2013, 01:59 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 68BBChevelle
You've done made everthing else public why not post ur tune for the public.

A link to the tune is in the original post. Accusations have been made that we have sabotaged the tune. The forwarded email will prove otherwise.
Old 06-12-2013, 02:02 PM
TECH Regular

lol... Yeah he chimed in after one of his changed his signature before posting to bash Powerhaus as he has done on multiple forums even though hes not a customer.

From the OP's original post: "Paid a tuner to datalog, load stock tune, and make slight adjustments just to get it drivable with the aftermarket converter."
I still have the Tuner info in my Sig.. I told you I added my 03 Cobra and the Sig said it was too long. I adjusted my sig so everything would fit.

You are doing a good enough job of bashing powerhaus on your own!!
Old 06-12-2013, 02:06 PM
Teching In

Track times(Actually & corrected), Datalog, and tune file.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B4_1...it?usp=sharing

Actual time slips are in my glove box. The car is in the shop getting retuned, I'll post them up when I get the car back.
Old 06-12-2013, 02:09 PM

um yeah. Linky no worky FYI
Old 06-12-2013, 02:15 PM
Teching In

Links are good. I changed the share setting from "with link"to Everyone just in case.

Last edited by Uncko Macko; 06-12-2013 at 02:21 PM.
Old 06-12-2013, 02:19 PM
TECH Regular

Wow.. You actually cut a better 60' with the mods and tune but still ran slower.. I would have excpected to run faster with a better 60' and 40-50 more hp...
Old 06-12-2013, 02:21 PM

1 of three worked. From the looks of it you were almost a 10th faster at the 1000' mark:
1000' 10.914 10.84

and the uncorrected shows some improvement:
E.T. 12.989 12.947

Did the trans shift early? Did you lift or was there even a slight head wind. Were ALL variables other than the tune the exact same(tire size/pressure? Vehicle weight? Head or Tail wind?)

But from the looks of it you gained almost .1 of a second at teh 1000' mark. And something slowed you down by the 1/4 mile mark.
Old 06-12-2013, 02:37 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by CTSVBiggie
1 of three worked. From the looks of it you were almost a 10th faster at the 1000' mark:
1000' 10.914 10.84

and the uncorrected shows some improvement:
E.T. 12.989 12.947

Did the trans shift early? Did you lift or was there even a slight head wind. Were ALL variables other than the tune the exact same(tire size/pressure? Vehicle weight? Head or Tail wind?)

But from the looks of it you gained almost .1 of a second at teh 1000' mark. And something slowed you down by the 1/4 mile mark.
Thats the best run from 8 passes on 2 different days and made in manual mode. Runs in auto and sport where much worse. Trans shifts where laggy 2-3 pretty bad and 3-4 I could of taken a nap. I tried holding 3rd gear but it would not let me with that tune. Also tried 1-4 burnout with no improvement. Did not lift and winds where flat. Same 8" wide street tires, played with pressure a little since they break loose easily.

Quick Reply: My Powerhaus-Performance experience