Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

My Powerhaus-Performance experience

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2013, 02:39 PM
Eastern Regional Coordinator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

get a manual. No need to do all that. Just learn to shift and your in control of shifting all the time. One of the BIG reasons I got a V(at the time it was the best V8 sedan I could buy with a manual).
Old 06-12-2013, 02:42 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by CTSVBiggie
get a manual. No need to do all that. Just learn to shift and your in control of shifting all the time. One of the BIG reasons I got a V(at the time it was the best V8 sedan I could buy with a manual).
Next car will be a V or G8 GXP. For the time being I'll settle for a decent tune.
Old 06-12-2013, 02:47 PM

Well your barking up the wrong tree to me. If I ever add my nitrous kit or sell it and boost my V, its going to Roshan.
Old 06-12-2013, 02:51 PM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Any possibility that the torque converter isn't functioning properly and causing issues with the trans?

Let's boil this down... what do you expect out of this? Refund? Run their business into the ground? An apology? Flowers and a box of chocolates? You owe them money for services rendered, which you're not happy with, they have your wheels that you need to pay for the powder coating done, so what's it going to be?

If you think they did something wrong, file a claim in small claims court, and resolve it. Coming on here does nothing towards resolving your issues.

That's what a profesional, grown man does. Find resolutions/solutions to your problem and move on. The internet court of public opinion isn't going to change anything for your situation.
Old 06-12-2013, 02:51 PM
TECH Regular

A properly tuned auto should be all thats needed! I gained .2 tenths and 2mph from a Trans tune at the track! 1st pass was 13.0@107 and after some trans tunning my Vette got down to a 12.8@109. All with a 2.0 60' on stock run flats. Thats why I could not believe how Mike did not gain anything and actually got slower with a slower MPH after a tune.
Old 06-12-2013, 02:57 PM
11 Second Club

do yourself a favor.. check the trans fluid level.. it is not uncommon for shops to not properly fill a 6l80.. There is a diy on grrr8.net..
Old 06-12-2013, 03:02 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Devilish34
do yourself a favor.. check the trans fluid level.. it is not uncommon for shops to not properly fill a 6l80.. There is a diy on grrr8.net..
It was 1 quart overfilled. Made some difference when it was drained. But I have to side with Powerhaus on that one....Circle-D recommends 1/2 -1 full quart over on converter installs.
TECH Regular

I dont think he is expecting anything from the shop.. Its just a good thing to post experience up whether its a good or bad one. It helps a person make a decision on were they want to take the car.

http://www.grrrr8.net/Forums/showthread.php?t=37080
8 Second Club

Received 945 Likes on 701 Posts

Agree having a manual is a lot more fun then the auto... until you blow the slave, haha but I've blown auto trans too so whatever.

Originally Posted by Uncko Macko
Next car will be a V or G8 GXP. For the time being I'll settle for a decent tune.
Didnt you already pay TMR for that after you bitched about Powerhaus. Why didnt they get you a perfect tune first try?

Originally Posted by 1998silverbird
So what your saying is Powerhaus is not a certified Tig welder and thats why they could not do it correctly? If thats the case then why did they say they could? You took the time and did it correctly so it can be done correctly. Why couldnt Powerhaus do that?

Again if this was your shop would you have let the car leave your shop with the exhaust the way it was? Yes or No.. Why wont you just answer that simple question?

So the car running the same 60' while making 40-50 more hp then it did prior should run slower then it did before the mods? Then that same car on a pretty much stock trans tune runs faster then it ever has all while cutting around the same 60'!

Again none of us are saying that Powerhaus hasnt done great work in the past. Thats why Mike brought his G8 there. They have done pretty bad *** G8's.. It just sucks that all this crap happened to Mikes G8.
I've seen Binh's work, he does great custom work with a TIG welder. What I said doesnt take away from their work. I was stating my experience with altering exhaust and you compared the two. My point was that the work is worth more then the $150 they charged Mike.

I'm wondering why you have your nose so far up your buddies ***, your not even a customer. Personally I would have never taken you or your buddy in as a customer, turning you two away would be the best thing. Its obvious your agenda here. I wouldnt do that job for a walkin customer, I would make you buy the proper parts. I installed the exhaust and found the angles and what was needed and my buddy welded mine up because he knew it was for me and if by chance it did rattle I wouldnt go whining online like a little bitch about his work.

Plenty of people add more power to their car and go back to the track on street tires like a dumbass and dont go any faster. If your spinning and not putting a proper tire on it whats the point? We really dont even know what tune was in the car when it was at the track.

The biggest problem with Mikes car is Mike... stop being a douchebag and karma will be on your side. Why are you even involved? Pull Mikes **** out of your mouth and live your own life.
Old 06-12-2013, 03:03 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Uncko Macko
It was 1 quart overfilled. Made some difference when it was drained. But I have to side with Powerhaus on that one....Circle-D recommends 1/2 -1 full quart over on converter installs.
What do the Tranny experts on the G8 tranny say? From what I have been reading regarding our trannies its not a good thing to overfill or underfill them.

Last edited by 1998silverbird; 06-12-2013 at 03:10 PM.
Old 06-12-2013, 03:09 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by SLOW SEDAN
Agree having a manual is a lot more fun then the auto... until you blow the slave, haha but I've blown auto trans too so whatever.

Didnt you already pay TMR for that after you bitched about Powerhaus. Why didnt they get you a perfect tune first try?

I've seen Binh's work, he does great custom work with a TIG welder. What I said doesnt take away from their work. I was stating my experience with altering exhaust and you compared the two. My point was that the work is worth more then the $150 they charged Mike.

I'm wondering why you have your nose so far up your buddies ***, your not even a customer. Personally I would have never taken you or your buddy in as a customer, turning you two away would be the best thing. Its obvious your agenda here. I wouldnt do that job for a walkin customer, I would make you buy the proper parts. I installed the exhaust and found the angles and what was needed and my buddy welded mine up because he knew it was for me and if by chance it did rattle I wouldnt go whining online like a little bitch about his work.

Plenty of people add more power to their car and go back to the track on street tires like a dumbass and dont go any faster. If your spinning and not putting a proper tire on it whats the point? We really dont even know what tune was in the car when it was at the track.

The biggest problem with Mikes car is Mike... stop being a douchebag and karma will be on your side. Why are you even involved? Pull Mikes **** out of your mouth and live your own life.
So if that is your shop would you have let that G8 leave in the way it did? Thats all I am asking.. If your tech showed you this G8 with the way the exhaust was would you have let it leave the shop? I wouldnt have. There is no way that would have passed my inspection but thats just me. Bing does great Tig weld work and Custom exhaust work? Again then explain why this custom work wasnt on that level? I am assuming he has done G8 Custom exhaust work before so why is this job so bad?

If you make more power and cut a better 60' at the track shouldnt you run faster times? I know when I added headers on my T/A I ran quicker even though my 60's were still in the 2.0 range as they were before. I know when I added a 3200 stall on my 95 Firehawk I ran faster even though I cut the same 60's that I did before the install.

The pictures and tune say everything. He is not getting tuned from TMR... I think they just pulled the tune to look at it. Dont even think they charged anything to do that.
Old 06-12-2013, 03:36 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

problem with posting threads like this in a public forum is you'll get the shop faithfull come in and try to defend them and often make things worse. thats why threads like this often get locked as this one will be soon. it turns into nothing but a pissing match and ofcourse there's allways 2 sides to every story.

the shop could have tuned 15 cars that week that came out flawless but 1 bad apple in the bunch is what we end up hearing about b/c someone decides to air out their dirty laundrey.

i hope everything gets resolved but i can bet my left ball that it wont be in this thread

thread/
Old 06-12-2013, 03:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Too the OP you get what you pay for! If you want top notch work where you drop the car off and come pick it back up and it's turn key and drives perfect our gonna pay for it. If you want your car straighten out and all the problems taken care of, take it to a top notch shop like RPM
(Race proven motorsports). They turn out some of,if not the baddest cars on the east coast. That roshan used to work there and tuned my car a few times and he's good at what he does. That shop turns out 1xxx hp cars all the time, I highly doubt Fran would have someone tuning those cars that's dosnt know what there doing. What I take from this is you went to a grade C shop and figured you would receive a grade A product when completed. Do your research before your gonna take your car somewhere. Talk to them, walk around and see what kind shop they run, then decide if it's the right. Choice. Good luck
Old 06-12-2013, 04:40 PM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Wait... original poster, you can't bitch about anything other than it took longer than expected since you readily admit that you picked up the car before it was done.

So unless you had in writing a guaranteed date of completion, fact is, you took it without it being signed off as complete. Did they even have a chance to road test it prior to you taking it?

Ok, they had it two weeks, which should have been plenty of time to do what you wanted, but **** happens that delays deadlines. Again, I'll say it, if you can't do your own work, you're at the mercy of others. So any problems that you may have had are your own responsibility since you took it with out them being completed.

If I order dinner at a restaurant, and it's taking longer than I expected, and I go back and grab the food before it's served, I can't complain about it being undercooked.
Old 06-12-2013, 04:42 PM

Originally Posted by The Alchemist
If I order dinner at a restaurant, and it's taking longer than I expected, and I go back and grab the food before it's served, I can't complain about it being undercooked.
Actually made me laugh out loud, in my office. Might steal this one.
Old 06-12-2013, 04:51 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by SLOW SEDAN

NO i did not retune this car the tune posted is the the one pulled from the vehicle i did not charge Mike for reading the tune and emailing it to him.

He asked if i could data log the vehicle so he could give the logs to Powerhaus to make the approiate corrections. He has the email corispondance with the corrected files logs and stock tune attached to confirm the course of action they were taking.

At that time he was still working with Roshan to correct the problem thats he was having, here is the tune he was emailed to from Roshan try with the corrected TCC tables.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, May 22, 2013 at 1:36 PM
Subject: RE: Attached tune, data log file, video. Car not acting right
To: Michael <michael>

The video does not seem to be working, but I can see the bounce in the datalog. I have attached 2 files. 1 with the stock trans tune for you to try. The other is a revised one for coastdown bounce and slightly earlier converter lockup.

The upstream 02s are still active, heater codes are disabled due to having headers (sometimes they throw the MIL for not getting warm fast enough). I delete the EVAP because a lot of people will remove it to clean up the engine bay.

Roshan Patel
(856) 432-6017
Powerhaus Performance

TCC corrected file in email
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B6ae...it?usp=sharing

Origional Tune read out of the vehicle
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B6ae...it?usp=sharing

The car is at a well known and referenced to shop right now im sure they will report their findings.
Old 06-12-2013, 05:49 PM
8 Second Club

Received 945 Likes on 701 Posts

Originally Posted by Reaper SS
NO i did not retune this car the tune posted is the the one pulled from the vehicle i did not charge Mike for reading the tune and emailing it to him.

He asked if i could data log the vehicle so he could give the logs to Powerhaus to make the approiate corrections. He has the email corispondance with the corrected files logs and stock tune attached to confirm the course of action they were taking.

At that time he was still working with Roshan to correct the problem thats he was having, here is the tune he was emailed to from Roshan try with the corrected TCC tables.
Then I'm sorry, the OP clearly said he paid you... "Paid a tuner to datalog, load stock tune, and make slight adjustments just to get it drivable with the aftermarket converter."

If he didn't then he's lying. He acts like the car wasn't driveable, which it clearly was it just had a minor RPM variance with the converter locked with the cruise control on... all he had to do was stop being lazy and use his foot on the gas to drive it normally.
Old 06-12-2013, 09:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

The clown has no *****!

and I just like to add

That I like turtles
Old 06-12-2013, 11:00 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 02LS1ram
Too the OP you get what you pay for! If you want top notch work where you drop the car off and come pick it back up and it's turn key and drives perfect our gonna pay for it. If you want your car straighten out and all the problems taken care of, take it to a top notch shop like RPM
(Race proven motorsports). They turn out some of,if not the baddest cars on the east coast. That roshan used to work there and tuned my car a few times and he's good at what he does. That shop turns out 1xxx hp cars all the time, I highly doubt Fran would have someone tuning those cars that's dosnt know what there doing. What I take from this is you went to a grade C shop and figured you would receive a grade A product when completed. Do your research before your gonna take your car somewhere. Talk to them, walk around and see what kind shop they run, then decide if it's the right. Choice. Good luck

IDK if you know this but roshan...aka powerhaus was RPM's tuner for years, even way back when RPM was a little few bay garage in a small industrial park/storage place lol obviously you know nothing about that though. Honestly the way I see it with the exhaust issue, sounds like powerhaus said they'd make it work, not make it pretty. you wana bring someone all the wrong parts and have them make it work your gonna pay for it. The reason this car left with the exhaust looking this way is because he asked for $150 work and thats what he got. yea if I had a shop and someone wanted cheap work they'd get cheap work, you do get what you pay for...
Old 06-13-2013, 06:49 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by chevrunner21
IDK if you know this but roshan...aka powerhaus was RPM's tuner for years, even way back when RPM was a little few bay garage in a small industrial park/storage place lol obviously you know nothing about that though. Honestly the way I see it with the exhaust issue, sounds like powerhaus said they'd make it work, not make it pretty. you wana bring someone all the wrong parts and have them make it work your gonna pay for it. The reason this car left with the exhaust looking this way is because he asked for $150 work and thats what he got. yea if I had a shop and someone wanted cheap work they'd get cheap work, you do get what you pay for...
I've known Roshan for many years and called him out on this thread the other night. I can completely understand the issues this guy is having with his converter " aka tune " an his exhaust issues. As for the converter he should have taken it back the moment he started have the issue and I'm sure Powerhaus would have fixed the problem. As for the exhaust... I know they said they would " make it work " but in no stretch of the word did they. It looks like complete ****! If your not going to make it 90+ % then as a shop owner you need to step up and say " I can't send this car looking like complete **** on on the street with my name on it". Should have told the guy that from the jump. Sometimes the customer isn't always right!

Quick Reply: My Powerhaus-Performance experience