Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

My Powerhaus-Performance experience

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2013, 07:28 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Roshan tuned my car last year at RPM and the tune was perfect. I couldn't have been happier.

I said why spend another $700 for an X-pipe when I have an X-pipe. I was not aware it wouldn't work. And was not told it couldn't work. I had a custom exhaust fabricated from scratch on my Trans Am for less $ than that X-pipe. I could have sold the Borla and paid for the ARH pipe, however if they told me they couldn't do custom exhaust work...I would have gone somewhere else. I see that as a big red flag.

I was told the car was done. Like it says in this Facebook post by Powerhaus.
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...ze=2048%2C1356
The next day when I went to pick up the car is when the pedal went to the floor and this began the list of problems from the original post.

I took the car back several times, called, and sent numerous emails telling them about the problems with the tune. If it was fixed I wouldn't have a negative review. I understand problems occur.... But problems should get corrected. I was told it wasn't that bad.
Old 06-13-2013, 07:48 AM
TECH Fanatic

Your biggest mistake above anything else was writing this thread. As a business owner I would want nothing to do with you now. You bash my name after they put tons of time into your vehicle. I know you said you brought it back, but bashing them on a forum wasn't going to get anything resolved

You acted like a little 8 yr old girl. In their shoes, I would keep your wheels and tell you to pound sand or take it up in court. Of court legally you were contractually obligated to pay them the disclosed amount of money. They provided the service. Unfortunately you weren't happy with the quality you shouldn't have taken the car. Now you have other shops, and other tuners touching the car you can kiss any chance you had in court goodbye. Pay them the money your cheap *** owes them, and delete this thread. It's useless to have done this anyway, you shot yourself in the foot.
Old 06-13-2013, 08:55 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by z28C4maro82z
Your biggest mistake above anything else was writing this thread. As a business owner I would want nothing to do with you now. You bash my name after they put tons of time into your vehicle. I know you said you brought it back, but bashing them on a forum wasn't going to get anything resolved

You acted like a little 8 yr old girl. In their shoes, I would keep your wheels and tell you to pound sand or take it up in court. Of court legally you were contractually obligated to pay them the disclosed amount of money. They provided the service. Unfortunately you weren't happy with the quality you shouldn't have taken the car. Now you have other shops, and other tuners touching the car you can kiss any chance you had in court goodbye. Pay them the money your cheap *** owes them, and delete this thread. It's useless to have done this anyway, you shot yourself in the foot.
not sure keeping the wheels is the correct thing to do. he should pay for his services and take it up in court! knowing roshan and bihn im sure if he tried talking to them before all this they would has worked the **** out with him. its so way beyond that now!
Old 06-13-2013, 08:57 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by chevrunner21
IDK if you know this but roshan...aka powerhaus was RPM's tuner for years, even way back when RPM was a little few bay garage in a small industrial park/storage place lol obviously you know nothing about that though. Honestly the way I see it with the exhaust issue, sounds like powerhaus said they'd make it work, not make it pretty. you wana bring someone all the wrong parts and have them make it work your gonna pay for it. The reason this car left with the exhaust looking this way is because he asked for $150 work and thats what he got. yea if I had a shop and someone wanted cheap work they'd get cheap work, you do get what you pay for...

I stated that he used to work there,and tuned my car in the past. Obviously you didn't read My post, I know where his OLD SHOP was on Hickman ave. Previous Shop size or location has nothing to do with the Quailty of work they did there, not to mention how many records they set out of that shop. I don't care if he asked for 10dollars worth of work. if they are as good as they say they are they would have told him that we can't make that work 150. Then quoted him a correct price to do it the right way or get the right parts. Not take his money and do a walmart install job lol, slapped there POWERHAUS sticker on the car and do a burnout in the parking lot and act like the car picked up 300whp, bc it was in there shop. They look like they should stick to there imports. Those type of guys love doing everything half ***

Last edited by 02LS1ram; 06-13-2013 at 10:13 AM.
Old 06-13-2013, 09:59 AM

Originally Posted by 02LS1ram
I stated that he used to work there,and tuned my car in the past. Obviously you didn't read My post, I know where his OLD SHOP was on Hickman ave. Previous Shop size or location has nothing to do with the Quailty of work they did there. I don't care if he asked for 10 dollars worth of work. if they are as good as they say they are they would have told him that we can't make that work 150. Then quoted him a correct price to do it the right way or get the right parts. Not take his money and do a walmart install job lol, slapped there POWERHAUS sticker on the car and do a burnout in the parking lot and act like the car picked up 300whp, bc it was in there shop. They look like they should stick to there imports.
He did not want to spend the 700 on the x-pipe. He was on a strict budget and did not want to go over that amount since he was going to Vegas while the car was here.

We did not slap a sticker on his car...

We ABSOLUTELY did not do a burn out in his car. He did that and almost crashed into a curb leaving our lot. We rarely test drive customers cars period unless they want us to.

We do not want to keep his wheels. We would love if he came and picked up his wheels, his tires that we already paid for, paid the powdercoater, and took care of his $1500 dollar bill he has with us when his card got denied twice. I have also agreed to refund him the $300 for an exhaust shop to fix the problem. Not sure what else he is waiting for!

Also his brake went to the floor because his wheel speed sensor wires pulled from the connector. It was unrelated to anything we did to the car! The alignment shop discovered this and fixed it for him. It is just impossible to please some people. Now I know why some shops interview people before they get work done on their cars.

Last edited by m3ntal; 06-13-2013 at 10:31 AM.
Old 06-13-2013, 10:21 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^sounds like the shop representative is attempting to make things right within his ability so i dunno what the problem is. OP should just man up and go down to the shop and square things away financially with the shop..get his wheels and move on.
Old 06-13-2013, 10:23 AM
Eastern Regional Coordinator

I am surprised this thread is still going honestly. OP called out shop. Shop has a response. End it there.
Old 06-13-2013, 10:39 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by CTSVBiggie
I am surprised this thread is still going honestly. OP called out shop. Shop has a response. End it there.
This.
Old 06-13-2013, 11:02 AM
Teching In

This:
Originally Posted by Uncko Macko
I paid them thousands, in cash, in advance. The $1553 amount was over the daily limit by a few bucks. I called and cleared with the bank. They charged the card. Then the company they use to run credit cards refunded the money...powerhaus wanted my address to give to that company and I gave it to them. I have since shut the card off due to the laundry list of issues I am having. Lesson learned. If I had paid all of it with a card I could have disputed it that way.
Also I was told $145 per wheels for painting. Now the bill is $820 and the bare aluminum is not clear coated.
roshan@powerhaus-performance.com
Apr 5

to me

from roshan@powerhaus-performance.com
It depends on the black you would want and if you wanted clear on top (which he recommends with 2 tone). but would range 100-145 a wheel. If you did the clear coat it would be 145 per wheel .

Roshan Patel
(856) 432-6017
Powerhaus Performance
Old 06-13-2013, 11:12 AM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Discussing and arguing about your bill here does NOTHING. You had other items than just hte wheels coated right? That's probably the discrepancy.

Put on your big boy pants, act like a man, pick up the phone, drive over there, bring with you documentation of discussions/prices and resolve it.
Old 06-13-2013, 11:19 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by The Alchemist
Discussing and arguing about your bill here does NOTHING. You had other items than just hte wheels coated right? That's probably the discrepancy.

Put on your big boy pants, act like a man, pick up the phone, drive over there, bring with you documentation of discussions/prices and resolve it.
They posted amounts. I'm just telling the truth. I have been there many times. Emailed many times. And I will go back but my G8 is in the shop getting retuned and my 2nd car is out of state.
Old 06-13-2013, 11:31 AM

Originally Posted by Uncko Macko
This:

Also I was told $145 per wheels for painting. Now the bill is $820 and the bare aluminum is not clear coated.
roshan@powerhaus-performance.com
Apr 5

to me

from roshan@powerhaus-performance.com
It depends on the black you want and if you wanted clear on top (which he recommends with 2 tone). but would range 100-145 a wheel. If you did the clear coat it would be 145 per wheel .

Roshan Patel
(856) 432-6017
Powerhaus Performance
Dear lord! That was when you first inquired about it. After seeing the complexity of the job the price increased significantly. After that, you spoke directly with the powdercoater and agreed on pricing. You then dropped the wheels directly off with the powdercoater! The price was also on your estimate when you left our shop awhile back!
Old 06-13-2013, 12:11 PM
TECH Apprentice

no pleasing some people. I'm just gonna quote Ricky Bobby and say "I'm getting dizzy, from all the gayness." Problem is handled why keep poking with a stick. Go lay down somewhere and wait for the next B*tchfest.
Old 06-13-2013, 12:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Old 06-13-2013, 12:24 PM

We've made attempts to reconcile the problem, and if you would like to discuss anything more please feel free to contact us at the shop. We are not getting into a pissing match on the Internet. Thank you.

Powerhaus Performance
Old 06-13-2013, 12:39 PM

both sides have made their statements.....

Quick Reply: My Powerhaus-Performance experience