Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Residents look to move or cancel Cruisin events in OCMD

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2014, 12:54 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TNTramair
i dont understand what the big deal is about them having alot of cops around. if you're not doin anything wrong, you shouldnt worry about them. i dont see them going out of their way to pull people over for dumb **** like tint/wheelie bars/ etc. A heavy police presence is required for the amount of people that attend the event. you're responsible for your own actions...if you feel the need to do burnouts and race on public streets, be prepared to pay up if you get caught. we all know the risks.

im not an innocent party here...i play when i feel it is right but im not gonna cry about getting pulled over either. it is what it is.
Originally Posted by CTSVBiggie
I had more than one friend pulled over on BS tickets that were straight lies.

One friend got pulled over, officer said no front tag. He showed them it was actually attached to the front bumper but they didnt see it(offset to one side).

Cop writes ticket for tag light out on the back. He then showed them both were functional. Still handed him a ticket.
My buddy got pulled over because his license plate frame partially covered the state name on his license plate. Thankfully they just gave him a warning.
Old 05-24-2014, 08:06 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by black00chev
My buddy got pulled over because his license plate frame partially covered the state name on his license plate. Thankfully they just gave him a warning.
I'd say the OC cops are pretty good guys then.........?
Old 05-25-2014, 02:26 PM
TECH Apprentice

I have been to this event once and that was my last. It was many years ago. I have been a part of the police harassment and it is not fun. I have also seen it many times. Handing out tickets for no front plate is stupid and most cops would agree. The cops at this event are ridiculous. But, honestly I don’t blame the cops. I blame the few stupid people who do the burnouts in the middle of the road or race from one red light to another. I am not saying I have never been a part of a street race just not in OC where there are a lot of people on the side of the street. This could be a great event if cops and car people could get along. Both parties need to change. As for the residence they can kiss my ***. They have no right to complain. You live in a place that people love to visit if you don’t like it move.
I recently went to Myrtle Beach for black bike week by mistake, didn’t know it was black bike week. It was so cool to see all the nice bikes there. Our first night there we went to dinner around 9:30 and almost everything was closed. Everything closed early. We discovered that the residence didn’t want the bikers there since it caused such a disruption. There is a long story behind it that I won’t go into. Well what they do is they get hotels that are not in Myrtle Beach and eat outside of there also. They only go there to cruse up and down the strip. This way all their money is spent outside the beach where others benefit but they still have to “put up” with the noise and commotion. Just a thought, I thought is was funny.
har
Old 05-25-2014, 10:03 PM
Banned

A burnout pit will never happen. We have tried to do it at shows in the past, and everyone wants you to have insurance...which is astronomical. It would be perfect if it could happen...but it won't.

In terms of the problem...I put together the below and have sent it to a few people I know. The bottom line is, there is nothing to do for most of us during the weekend, but cruise or sit on the side of the road. If you saw something like Springfest, Dew Tour, or 4th of July, there is a lot more going on. Concerts, Fireworks, beach parties and so forth. They need other events going on that make people park their cars and go to them.
Old 05-25-2014, 10:51 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have to say, this year was by far the worst as far as accidents and it makes the entire event look very bad. I cant complain about the police down there, they cut a ton of breaks to guys. I watched a guy stand in the bus lane for a good hour with a beer in his hand stopping traffic to try and get them to do burnouts. They caught him red handed and let him go on a citation for open container.

If you go down there with something illegally done to your car, or plan to do something against the law then how can you complain about someone doing their job?
Old 05-25-2014, 11:28 PM
Eastern Regional Coordinator

Its the over zealous one Allen. And most of those are the younger ones. Ive noticed the older OCPD guys arent *** gungho about being ********.

And I dunno. last October was pretty bad. Then there was May when that mustang doing a burnout lost control and jumped the median into that SUV.

I dont think it was the worst. Definitely the most publicized.
Old 05-25-2014, 11:45 PM
TECH Senior Member

Wrecked ZR1, Totaled white 5.0 into the telephone pole, a 3 car accident with a mustang and two other cruiser are ones that I know of.

I also witnessed a lifted truck literally make a left turn over the center median then cross all 4 lane of stop and go traffic to get into a parking lot. We have it on video. People are getting worse and worse and it actually is to the point where if I have a nice car Im probably not going to do any driving on coastal from here on out.
Old 05-26-2014, 12:01 AM
Eastern Regional Coordinator

Originally Posted by itsslow98
Wrecked ZR1, Totaled white 5.0 into the telephone pole, a 3 car accident with a mustang and two other cruiser are ones that I know of.

I also witnessed a lifted truck literally make a left turn over the center median then cross all 4 lane of stop and go traffic to get into a parking lot. We have it on video. People are getting worse and worse and it actually is to the point where if I have a nice car Im probably not going to do any driving on coastal from here on out.
True. the Moron levels have been increasing. And the Diesel Guys dont help that average.
Old 05-26-2014, 12:05 AM
Banned

While we were driving, we had someone on costal highway with yellow vests run in the highway in front of us. They had a Stop sign on a pole like a construction worker. We slowed down as we approached and they turned the stop sign around, and it said something like "Light um up".

I do think the constant pulling people over for tint, tags, and loud exhaust makes traffic worse. Also seems like I saw a ton of locals pulled over.
Old 05-26-2014, 12:51 AM
Staging Lane

Not the worst year as far as people doing burnouts/racing, but as far as litter and accidents it's up there among the worst. They can't afford to stop hosting the event, and this nails it:

Originally Posted by MarylandSpeed
The bottom line is, there is nothing to do for most of us during the weekend, but cruise or sit on the side of the road. If you saw something like Springfest, Dew Tour, or 4th of July, there is a lot more going on. Concerts, Fireworks, beach parties and so forth. They need other events going on that make people park their cars and go to them.
Not everyone is content with sitting at the bar all weekend. Some people need to be out doing stuff, and it ends up turning into acting like jackasses on the road. Not that adding events would stop all the bad behavior, but it would help. Things stay relatively tame during the OC Car Show weekend because you have so much different stuff going on. The actual car show, AWDfest, 8th gen meet, etc... People meeting up and getting off the street.
Old 05-27-2014, 02:30 AM
Self-Admitted Scammer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My burnouts and donuts in parking lots don't hurt anything. What do y'all think?

Old 05-27-2014, 07:13 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by ls2pontiac
My burnouts and donuts in parking lots don't hurt anything. What do y'all think? Killer linelock burnouts OCMD cruising weekend LT1 - YouTube

Massive donuts in heavily modded LT1 Camaro - YouTube
i think you're an idiot for doin that **** in a crowded parking lot.
Common sense <----you lack it!

so..sorry...wont get any "atta boy's" out of me.
Old 05-27-2014, 08:53 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by SS LeadFoot
I have been to this event once and that was my last. It was many years ago. I have been a part of the police harassment and it is not fun. I have also seen it many times. Handing out tickets for no front plate is stupid and most cops would agree. The cops at this event are ridiculous. But, honestly I don’t blame the cops. I blame the few stupid people who do the burnouts in the middle of the road or race from one red light to another. I am not saying I have never been a part of a street race just not in OC where there are a lot of people on the side of the street. This could be a great event if cops and car people could get along. Both parties need to change. As for the residence they can kiss my ***. They have no right to complain. You live in a place that people love to visit if you don’t like it move.
I recently went to Myrtle Beach for black bike week by mistake, didn’t know it was black bike week. It was so cool to see all the nice bikes there. Our first night there we went to dinner around 9:30 and almost everything was closed. Everything closed early. We discovered that the residence didn’t want the bikers there since it caused such a disruption. There is a long story behind it that I won’t go into. Well what they do is they get hotels that are not in Myrtle Beach and eat outside of there also. They only go there to cruse up and down the strip. This way all their money is spent outside the beach where others benefit but they still have to “put up” with the noise and commotion. Just a thought, I thought is was funny.
har
There were like 5 shootings and 3 deaths and couple other crazy things.

We have numerous weeks. I say bring that cruise down here in myrtle beach! We have mustang week, mopar week, fbody beach bash, cruise to the Sun (1500+ hot rods and street rods), Harley week and black bike week. You get certain people that are going to complain but they can't deny the revenue it brings in and how we keep upgrading more and more. I say more events the better. I remember getting some 50 plus races during mustang week and have pics of a certain rode that looked like tx2k and for most part if your not being dumb on Blvd your not going to get pulled over
Old 05-27-2014, 09:43 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by SCott5
There were like 5 shootings and 3 deaths and couple other crazy things.

We have numerous weeks. I say bring that cruise down here in myrtle beach! We have mustang week, mopar week, fbody beach bash, cruise to the Sun (1500+ hot rods and street rods), Harley week and black bike week. You get certain people that are going to complain but they can't deny the revenue it brings in and how we keep upgrading more and more. I say more events the better. I remember getting some 50 plus races during mustang week and have pics of a certain rode that looked like tx2k and for most part if your not being dumb on Blvd your not going to get pulled over
man i love Myrtle beach...but i know atleast for me, the 10 hour drive would kill it for me, especially with no trailor access.
Old 05-27-2014, 12:55 PM
Self-Admitted Scammer

Originally Posted by TNTramair
i think you're an idiot for doin that **** in a crowded parking lot.
Common sense <----you lack it!

so..sorry...wont get any "atta boy's" out of me.
Oh well i dont give a ****. I didnt build a car to sit there and look at it in a parking lot like 90% of people at meets. I dont care about tickets or cops
Old 05-27-2014, 01:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

And your the exact reason why people dont want to have events and things like that hosted in there towns or areas. I remember a guy did that at mustang week and blew a tire and part of the tire broke a window in a new gt500
Old 05-27-2014, 01:15 PM
Self-Admitted Scammer

Then i would pay for the new window or whatever. **** happens. someone scraped my SL and didn't leave a note long ago. I just blew 500 bucks getting it resprayed and said oh well.
Old 05-27-2014, 01:32 PM
11 Second Club

Oh well i dont give a ****. I didnt build a car to sit there and look at it in a parking lot like 90% of people at meets. I dont care about tickets or cops
let me ask you a serious question....what are you trying to proove by doin that?
Old 05-27-2014, 03:23 PM
TECH Addict

I'll say the first video in the full parking lot, at night, was kinda stupid. Line lock or not, things can fail, and in a lot full of other cars who knows what could happen. The second one in the empty lot during the day, was pretty badass.

Hell they had an accident in the inlet, where one of the cars's throttle stuck, and hit 2-3 other cars, I think, at a pretty good speed.
Old 05-27-2014, 04:14 PM
TECH Resident

Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts

Damn man you sound like the ultimate badass. Can I get your autograph?

Quick Reply: Residents look to move or cancel Cruisin events in OCMD