Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

NJ stand your ground law?

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2014, 02:04 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Exclamation

Originally Posted by X-ray
Don't believe the gun death statistics in the map, they obviously rigged it so that the nanny states with strict laws appear to be safe while the states with good, lax gun laws appear to be dangerous. Never believe statistics from a left wing source. We all know the opposite is true anyways. Most shootings happen in big cities with extremely strict gun laws like Chicago and Philly.
I agree. These gun control advocates will stop at NOTHING to bend the numbers in their favor.
Recently, they were throwing around a number of 74 for the amount of school shootings since the Newtown tragedy. In fact, there were less than 15 (yes, still 15 too many, but WAY less than the "claimed" 74) actual school shootings since December 2012.
A drug dealer shooting at a gang member around the block from a school playground on a Saturday night DURING THE SUMMER TIME is not a "school shooting" LOL.
But those are the exact kind of "conveniently creative" statistics that these propagandists will use.

As for carry permits, hell, here in The People's Republik of New Jermany we're just lucky that we're still legally permitted to carry INSIDE OF OUR OWN HOMES!
Some of us have a Utah (or Florida, Arizona etc.) 'non-resident' carry permit that allows us to carry in over 30+ states but NOT our own.
Old 07-17-2014, 11:42 AM
On The Tree

omg lol . come to the PA side
Old 07-17-2014, 05:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is kind of unrelated to state laws, but thanks to Obama's new executive order sanctions on Russia, all imports of weapons from Kalashnikov Concern are banned. You cannot buy any Saiga rifles or shotguns (except the secondary market which will be highly priced I'm sure). These are the guns that come from the Izhmash factory.

Supposedly the sanctions won't affect the Molot factory which produces Vepr rifles (another AK variant based on the RPK) because they are not state owned. They are all out of stock though, hopefully just from panic buyers.

Anyways that really pissed me off. This isn't going to do a damn thing except **** over gun owners like me who like Russian made weapons.
Old 07-17-2014, 08:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

As much as it hurts...I have to agree with the sanctions though.
Old 07-19-2014, 09:32 AM
CARTEK Racing

Those sanctions are just a round-about gun ban and you know it man.

How much money does Izhmash in the grand scheme of things? Maybe a few million on a trillion dollar economy?

They serve nothing but the anti gun lobby.

And this is coming from a non AK owning Ukrainian LOL.
Old 07-19-2014, 10:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

It wouldn't surprise me if it was a round about ban. That's his modus operandi.

A huge portion of the Russian firearms industry sales are to the us. Molot should be OK, but we'll see how it goes.

The only way we can really get at Russia is to flood Europe with cheap oil and natural gas.
Old 07-21-2014, 10:39 AM
TECH Regular

Nothing but NJ hate!! I have lived in Washington State, Florida,Illinois, and Virginia in my 10yrs in the Navy and spent 7 years in Virginia as the longest. Needless to say when I got out of the military I moved back home to NJ! Yes the gun laws are strict, and the property tax is high, but I still have my firearms, and I make a hell of alot more money up here then I did when I worked for Lockeed Martin in Virginia Beach. Emmissions are strict!! Thats a funny thing right there. Just got my 383 Stroker Trans am through inspection in 5 mins!! Passed perfectly fine! The instpection of vehicals here in NJ is if its a OBD2 car they just plug a scanner into it and see if your system is good to go. If it is then you pass. Getting my cars inspected in Virginia took a good hr. They put the car on the lift and take off the wheels to check the brakes, visually inspect the underside and pretty much the whole car. another thing is it cost 25.00 to inspect the car in Virginia and I always failed for something stupid like fog light bulb out, or my left headlight was not as bright as my right one. Here in Jersey its free for inspections and if you have no SES lights then you basically pass!!

Another thing in Viginia is that yes the property tax on your house is lower, but the houses are more expensive. Example is we bought our house in Portsmouth VA ( Because Virginia Beach was to expensive) for 204,000. It was a 1800 sq foot house. this was in 2008. We just bought a house up here in NJ back in April of this year for 115,000. It is 1800 sq foot. Our house in VA was a single home that was pretty new, and our house in NJ is a townhouse that is 30 yrs old but updated as of 2011. Single homes in NJ are in the same ballpark as we just paid. Keep in mind we live in South NJ by Atco and Philly.

Virginia also hits you up for a property tax on every car you own! I had 4 cars, and every 6 months I would pay anywere from 50-150.00 on each car for property tax!! Hell I had to pay a tax to park my cars on the street in front of my house! I also had to get a permit to park one of my cars in my driveway because it wasnt registered.

Every state has there issues but the reason I moved back to NJ after being away for 10yrs was because for the same job I was doing in Virginia beach, I was getting paid 20.00 an hr more up here then down there, and the fact that NJ is close to everything!!

What happened in NO after Katrina hit? All I remember seeing was all the looting and crazy **** that was going on down there. When Sandy hit up here and devistated the Shore, I didnt hear anything about looting and what not! Why is that? If NJ is so horrible and the people here are so horrible why did the whole state come together to help out the shore instead of people going down there to loot it out?

Most of the people I hear bitching about NJ when I am at car meets or what not, have never lived anywere else! Oh NJ is the worst state... Move away and then compare. I did and I moved back to NJ. This state has some of the best schools for my daughter as well so if you have kids that may be important as well.

Oh and NJ population has gone up by 200,000 from 2010-2013 and 400,000 from 2000-2013.

Last edited by 1998silverbird; 07-21-2014 at 11:14 AM.
Old 07-21-2014, 11:51 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by 1998silverbird
Nothing but NJ hate!! I have lived in Washington State, Florida,Illinois, and Virginia in my 10yrs in the Navy and spent 7 years in Virginia as the longest. Needless to say when I got out of the military I moved back home to NJ! Yes the gun laws are strict, and the property tax is high, but I still have my firearms, and I make a hell of alot more money up here then I did when I worked for Lockeed Martin in Virginia Beach. Emmissions are strict!! Thats a funny thing right there. Just got my 383 Stroker Trans am through inspection in 5 mins!! Passed perfectly fine! The instpection of vehicals here in NJ is if its a OBD2 car they just plug a scanner into it and see if your system is good to go. If it is then you pass. Getting my cars inspected in Virginia took a good hr. They put the car on the lift and take off the wheels to check the brakes, visually inspect the underside and pretty much the whole car. another thing is it cost 25.00 to inspect the car in Virginia and I always failed for something stupid like fog light bulb out, or my left headlight was not as bright as my right one. Here in Jersey its free for inspections and if you have no SES lights then you basically pass!!

Another thing in Viginia is that yes the property tax on your house is lower, but the houses are more expensive. Example is we bought our house in Portsmouth VA ( Because Virginia Beach was to expensive) for 204,000. It was a 1800 sq foot house. this was in 2008. We just bought a house up here in NJ back in April of this year for 115,000. It is 1800 sq foot. Our house in VA was a single home that was pretty new, and our house in NJ is a townhouse that is 30 yrs old but updated as of 2011. Single homes in NJ are in the same ballpark as we just paid. Keep in mind we live in South NJ by Atco and Philly.

Virginia also hits you up for a property tax on every car you own! I had 4 cars, and every 6 months I would pay anywere from 50-150.00 on each car for property tax!! Hell I had to pay a tax to park my cars on the street in front of my house! I also had to get a permit to park one of my cars in my driveway because it wasnt registered.

Every state has there issues but the reason I moved back to NJ after being away for 10yrs was because for the same job I was doing in Virginia beach, I was getting paid 20.00 an hr more up here then down there, and the fact that NJ is close to everything!!

What happened in NO after Katrina hit? All I remember seeing was all the looting and crazy **** that was going on down there. When Sandy hit up here and devistated the Shore, I didnt hear anything about looting and what not! Why is that? If NJ is so horrible and the people here are so horrible why did the whole state come together to help out the shore instead of people going down there to loot it out?

Most of the people I hear bitching about NJ when I am at car meets or what not, have never lived anywere else! Oh NJ is the worst state... Move away and then compare. I did and I moved back to NJ. This state has some of the best schools for my daughter as well so if you have kids that may be important as well.

Oh and NJ population has gone up by 200,000 from 2010-2013 and 400,000 from 2000-2013.
Lol damn thats expensive **** living up there. My dad just bought a house thats 2500sqft with 18 acres for 280k oh in it comes with a tractor and all the tractor attachments.
Old 07-21-2014, 12:12 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by "MAC"
Lol damn thats expensive **** living up there. My dad just bought a house thats 2500sqft with 18 acres for 280k oh in it comes with a tractor and all the tractor attachments.
Nice..

Its expensive but it pays a lot up here, and your close to everything. I just love being 45mins from the beach, 20 mins from Philadelphia, 2 hrs from Wash DC, 1.5 hrs from NYC, 2 hrs from the Ski resorts. There is always something to do or somewere to go. Its nice to take weekend vactions were you can just drive and be in any type of envioment ( besides a desert). One weekend we were in Atlantic City, next weekend went to a Wydahm Ski resort in the Poconos, and then the 3rd weekend we just toured the oldest streets in America in Philly. That was our mini vacations in June.
Old 07-21-2014, 12:24 PM
Banned

Nice..

Its expensive but it pays a lot up here, and your close to everything. I just love being 45mins from the beach, 20 mins from Philadelphia, 2 hrs from Wash DC, 1.5 hrs from NYC, 2 hrs from the Ski resorts. There is always something to do or somewere to go. Its nice to take weekend vactions were you can just drive and be in any type of envioment ( besides a desert). One weekend we were in Atlantic City, next weekend went to a Wydahm Ski resort in the Poconos, and then the 3rd weekend we just toured the oldest streets in America in Philly. That was our mini vacations in June.
Nice man, we are 2hrs away from Atlanta, bout 3 hrs away from Nashville depending on traffic, 1 and 1/2 hr away from Knoxville 30 minutes away from downtown Chattanooga. Not bad really plenty of things to do around me. But best part is we are gonna have cows in the middle of the field to keep grass down and have a 10ft wide exterior perimeter as our track to ride our dirt bikes, 4wheelers, Polarises and the lake is 5 minutes away so plenty of land to park the Pontoon boat build our shop, and build my house and pool house. Hopefully i can get a job at the VW plant to help out bc its gonna cost a lot of money.
Old 07-21-2014, 12:29 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by "MAC"
Nice man, we are 2hrs away from Atlanta, bout 3 hrs away from Nashville depending on traffic, 1 and 1/2 hr away from Knoxville 30 minutes away from downtown Chattanooga. Not bad really plenty of things to do around me. But best part is we are gonna have cows in the middle of the field to keep grass down and have a 10ft wide exterior perimeter as our track to ride our dirt bikes, 4wheelers, Polarises and the lake is 5 minutes away so plenty of land to park the Pontoon boat build our shop, and build my house and pool house. Hopefully i can get a job at the VW plant to help out bc its gonna cost a lot of money.
Very cool. I was in Nashville about 10 yrs ago. It was a blast. Also went to Atlanta on that trip. Didnt really care for Atlanta to much though.
Old 07-21-2014, 12:32 PM
Banned

Lol Atlanta is the Ghetto i hate Atlanta
Old 07-21-2014, 06:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/...267507831.html

A single mother from Philadelphia could be facing up to three years in prison for what she and her attorney say was her effort to be honest with New Jersey authorities.
So a single mom may now be taken away from her children for THREE YEARS and put in freakin PRISON because what was legal in Pennsylvania made her a felon in New Jersey.

Last edited by X-ray; 07-21-2014 at 07:03 PM.
Old 07-21-2014, 09:05 PM
CARTEK Racing

silver, south jersey might as well be Alabama, so u can't compare. In central jersey 123k got me 948SF condo and $35k more made it livable. U are insane if you think NJ is a better quality of life.

Looking at the 2013 AIA compensation report, I would be making the same $ in NJ as I would in TX, NC, VA, GA, and so on. Plus I would be paying pennies for property.

You are in an area of NJ that is an accepting not the rule when it comes to the state. Look at property taxes in Somerset Co for instance, my wife's cousins with 1/6 acre are paying $21k/yr. I'll take the $50-$150 for each car any day of the week and twice on Sunday.
Old 07-21-2014, 10:01 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by WS6TransAm01
silver, south jersey might as well be Alabama, so u can't compare. In central jersey 123k got me 948SF condo and $35k more made it livable. U are insane if you think NJ is a better quality of life.

Looking at the 2013 AIA compensation report, I would be making the same $ in NJ as I would in TX, NC, VA, GA, and so on. Plus I would be paying pennies for property.

You are in an area of NJ that is an accepting not the rule when it comes to the state. Look at property taxes in Somerset Co for instance, my wife's cousins with 1/6 acre are paying $21k/yr. I'll take the $50-$150 for each car any day of the week and twice on Sunday.
Move to the south hell old money people have land for sale for fairly cheap man. VW is expanding in Chattanooga. They are eventually gonna build a call center, Audi plant, Porsche plant and a manager school to learn how to run a dealership. Word is they are tryn to make Chattanooga the next Wolfsburg. Which i'm very happy about. Lord knows they have plenty of land around there current plant to build on. Its on a 5 square mile industrial park lol. Lots of different kind of businesses are on iy but most of it still hasn't been developed.
Old 07-24-2014, 10:13 AM
TECH Regular

If you hate living in Central or North Jersey then move!! its about a 45 min drive from my house in Clemonton to the New Brunswick area. If you are unhappy with were you live then move down to the southern part of the state. Houses are cheaper,property tax is cheaper as well.

You say that South NJ is just like living in the southern states, then say I am crazy for thinking that living in NJ has a better quality of life then living in FL or VA? You answered yourself with the 1st part of that statement.

My property taxes this year on our house is right around 4200. Starting in October it is going down to 4000.00 a year because our assessment has gone down. This year our house was assest @ 155,000, next year it will be 129,000. Also NJ gives military/Vets a 250.00 credit a year off there property taxes so since my wife and I were both military our Taxes will be right around 3500 for next year, which will only be 500.00 more a year then what we were paying for in VA. My wife is also 40% disabled from the military and she is going to get checked out again in September. Anything over 80% disabled from the military and NJ does not even charge you a property tax!
Old 07-24-2014, 10:56 AM
CARTEK Racing

If you hate living in Central or North Jersey then move!! its about a 45 min drive from my house in Clemonton to the New Brunswick area. If you are unhappy with were you live then move down to the southern part of the state. Houses are cheaper,property tax is cheaper as well.

You say that South NJ is just like living in the southern states, then say I am crazy for thinking that living in NJ has a better quality of life then living in FL or VA? You answered yourself with the 1st part of that statement.

My property taxes this year on our house is right around 4200. Starting in October it is going down to 4000.00 a year because our assessment has gone down. This year our house was assest @ 155,000, next year it will be 129,000. Also NJ gives military/Vets a 250.00 credit a year off there property taxes so since my wife and I were both military our Taxes will be right around 3500 for next year, which will only be 500.00 more a year then what we were paying for in VA. My wife is also 40% disabled from the military and she is going to get checked out again in September. Anything over 80% disabled from the military and NJ does not even charge you a property tax!
I did not say South Jersey is the same as a southern state, I believe I said Alabama...

Texas, for instance, is a Southern state, but Austin can hardly be regarded as a backwards hick **** whole like most of Alabama

If I move, I will not stay in NJ. Moving to South Jersey makes no sense to me , I am still stuck with the same dumb *** laws and I have to deal with pineys.
Old 07-24-2014, 03:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I live in Cape May County, You can't get any further south in NJ. I doubt there is a 1800sf house you could by for $115K that didn't need massive amounts of rehab. We don't have any industry so the pay sucks.

We purchased our house, 1300sf, in 95 for $138K. The tax man says it's worth $350k now, four houses on my street, out of 24, have been on the market for over a year. We tried to get our appraisal lowered and our rate was increased so the taxes styed the same, over $6K per year. If I hadn't paid the mortgage off we would not be able to afford the payment plus taxes.

I am a vet as well, if your wife get reclassed over 80% and you don't have to pay property taxes great for you, not everyone else that has to pay more to cover your free ride.

I have lived in many places bot before enlisting and while on active duty, 24 years. I have lived in Texas, New York, Massachusetts, Missouri, Florida, Alabama, California, Washington, North Carolina, South Carolina, and of course NJ. In most of the places I lived my house would cost far less than it does in NJ. My taxes would be much lower. My cost of living would be lower. And my pay potential would be higher.

There is a reason the most of the civil servants that retire in NJ move. NJ is a high cost of living state.

I would leave but my wife can't retire for a few more years. When she does we plan to relocate to some where that will allow us to live on our retirements.
Old 07-26-2014, 03:58 AM
10 Second Club

Lightbulb

What happened in NO after Katrina hit? All I remember seeing was all the looting and crazy **** that was going on down there.
You don't know about the firearm confiscations that went on down there?
The elderly grandmother that was knocked down in her own kitchen simply for (slowly, non-threateningly) showing officers her gun that they were likely there to confiscate in the first place?

When Sandy hit up here and devistated the Shore, I didnt hear anything about looting and what not! Why is that? If NJ is so horrible and the people here are so horrible why did the whole state come together to help out the shore instead of people going down there to loot it out?
Wait, you didn't see first hand the fights (some turned real ugly too) at the gas stations over a mere spot in line? Not over gas or gallon limits mind you but serious fights between two customers simply over one place further ahead 50+ cars back in line. They had to dispatch officers at the few gas stations that even had fuel.
Oh I forgot, South Jersey didn't have it as bad with the gas station issues, perhaps that's why you'd missed all of that. But it was 'real' up here. No food on the shelves, people panicking over bottled water etc. For about two weeks there we shared a lot more in common with New Orleans (they had it much worse of course) than some may realize.
Being armed (while at home only of course ) made me feel at least a little more at ease during that very vulnerable time (no electricity/no heat/no hot water for roughly two weeks).
Old 07-27-2014, 12:46 PM
TECH Regular

Sorry that my wife was injured while serving our country! She has multiple bad disks in her back as well as pinched nerves. She has no feeling In Her left leg and falls a lot because of it. She hasn't been able to work because of it, and the medical bills are really pricey with all the MRI,ct,back injections, steroids, ect... She was 40% disabled from the navy because of depression from her injury and azsmah. They didn't connect her back injury for some reason. We have a friend who works for he va now, and she says that's b/s and that she is going to get her what she is entitled too.

I would expect cape may to be more pricey because after all it's a beach community! Just like the houses in Virginia beach are more expensive then the houses in Chesapeake.

You lived many places in your life but in the end you live in nj! If you hate it so much the. Why not move? How long have you lived in cape may/ or nj? If you can make more money somewhere else, and be better off then you are now then why wait to move? You moved to nj for a reason and have stayed here long enough to be able to payoff your house! To me that doesn't sound like a person who doesn't like this state especially when you could have a much better quality of life elsewhere.

And last I checked Alabama is a southern state! Mobile Alabama is a pretty fun place. I went there a lot while being stationed in Pensacola Florida..

Quick Reply: NJ stand your ground law?