Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Taking a job around Syracuse

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2014, 01:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Taking a job around Syracuse

Welp. I'm taking a job that will need me to relocate from south jersey to Syracuse area. I will be traveling a lot between Syracuse and Poughkeepsie. Most of my time will be spent in Syracuse though.

Looking to get a vibe on here. What are some nice areas around Syracuse. What are some nice things to do around there? Any LSx guys out that way? What's the car scene like? Big change of scenery. I know I'll have to buy a snowblower and some heavy winter gear!

Thanks

Chris
Old 10-12-2014, 07:31 PM
TECH Regular

the cuse and keepsie have a good scene man , esp the cuse . i live in clifton park area but go there at times for late night activities
Old 10-13-2014, 06:53 AM
TECH Fanatic

Gotcha, that sounds good! Good to hear! The area doesn't look too bad. Are there some areas that are better than others?
Old 10-13-2014, 08:51 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts
LS1Tech 20 Year Member

They used to have a drag strip, ETSA? ESTA? Something like that fairly close by, wonder if its still in operation. My father spent 3 years there in Liverpool and I crashed there for a summer when I was working in Oswego in '99. Was a pretty nice area, Syracuse sports can be good to go watch FB/BB. Snows a TON though, get used to it. Good area if you like snow sports, and outdoor stuff in the summer. Went to a few nice car shows at the fairgrounds. Can't speak for the car scene though since I was too young and driving an '89 V6 Firebird at the time.

Poughkeepsie I can tell you a bit more about since I live there.
Old 10-13-2014, 09:19 AM
TECH Fanatic

Thanks for the detailed description. From what I'm gathering it's a very nice place to live. I know the Great Lakes are just a skip away. I hear it's beautiful too. Liverpool was an area I was looking into for housing
Old 10-13-2014, 10:47 AM
Launching!

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

The car scene has a lot of nightly cruise in's around the area pretty much every night during the summer. The "street" scene is mainly younger guys and do have a couple of dedicated places to park/cruise. Erie Blvd is a fun place to race light to light if you keep it in the city. ESTA Drag strip 1/4 Mile is still open and does racing on the weekends during the day. This is in Cicero about 20 min from the city.

We have one of the biggest malls (Destiny USA) which has pretty much everything you would want for stores and dining. Also a lot of great restaurants in and around the city. And if you like all outdoor activities, Fishing, hunting, ect, you have about 1000 places to do this all year round.

The snow is a drawback but you either love it or hate it. I've embraced it over the last few years and have gotten really into Ice Fishing and Snowmobiling. And if you like to Ski or snowboard, you have that too.

Good luck on the move and get yourself a snowblower.
Old 10-13-2014, 12:26 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hand modeling is really paying off huh ?
Old 10-13-2014, 03:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Hahahaha Fran! You always know just what to say lol.

And thanks for the insight! My girlfriend who is moving with will love that mall I'm sure! She sure knows how to spend it! I definitely want to get into boating. I see there are a few lakes there. Gotta look into that.

Snowmobiles look like a great idea! I'm going to look into those! Another toy

Quick Reply: Taking a job around Syracuse