Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Shops around DE

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2015, 07:43 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Shops around DE

I've been out of the car scene for a bit and just getting back in. I have contacted a few sponsors from the eastern sponsor section with some saying they no longer work on LS1 fbodys, still waiting for others to get back to me. So in short does anyone have some recommendations of shops around Delaware that still do things like cam installs and tuning on them? I am willing to travel up to 2 hours away if need be. Thanks ahead in advance
Old 07-23-2015, 08:36 PM
Teching In

RPM (Race Proven Motorsports) they're in new castle just north of you right off rte13. I live down near beaches took my 2000 SS to them. Great ppl. They have blown up in the past years, everything LS, mild to wild, sick builds, tuning, look em up on FB, awesome to have them put us on the map here in good ol tax free Delaware.
Old 07-23-2015, 08:40 PM
On The Tree

Yea that was my first choice, sadly they told me via e-mail they no longer do installations on LS1 f-bodys.
Old 07-24-2015, 01:52 AM
Staging Lane

There's Horsepower Addicts: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Horse...15494785158470

Or if you're up for a short drive into PA, there's Complete Street Performance: https://www.facebook.com/CompleteStreetPerformance
Old 07-24-2015, 05:59 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

RPM's doesn't do Cam installs on Fbodys anymore? It already might be on your list but if you pm me ill give you another non sponsor shop.
Old 07-24-2015, 12:15 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by MonmouthCtyLS7
RPM's doesn't do Cam installs on Fbodys anymore? It already might be on your list but if you pm me ill give you another non sponsor shop.
Sure if you wouldnt mind i'd appreciate it. And yeah thats what they told me.

Originally Posted by EFoxwell
There's Horsepower Addicts: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Horse...15494785158470

Or if you're up for a short drive into PA, there's Complete Street Performance: https://www.facebook.com/CompleteStreetPerformance
Thanks!
Old 07-26-2015, 09:53 AM
11 Second Club

+1 for Horsepower Addicts. My Z-28 has been to Josh a few times over the last year or two, planning to go back for more soon.
Old 07-26-2015, 10:28 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by x3d187
Yea that was my first choice, sadly they told me via e-mail they no longer do installations on LS1 f-bodys.

REALLY????
Fran is this true??
Old 07-26-2015, 02:58 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by thechef
REALLY????
Fran is this true??
Just going off what I was emailed, if its incorrect i'll gladly edit my posts. Like I said they were my first option. Not trying to cause issues for people. See the attachment.
Attached Thumbnails Shops around DE-screenshot_2015-07-26-15-51-22.jpg  
Old 07-26-2015, 04:30 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

REALLY????
Fran is this true??
With as busy as we are right now we decided to hold off on them at the moment until we can find more good techs. We were getting a lot of cars they had already been touched by 5 diff shops and ended up being more of a headache then what we originally told customer so just decided to cut them out.
Old 07-27-2015, 02:42 AM
Staging Lane

I'll be dropping off my GTO for a cam install, intake manifold & throttle body porting, and a tune late next month at Horsepower Addicts. If you haven't decided on a shop by then, I'll post up a review.
Old 07-27-2015, 09:23 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Frans96SS
With as busy as we are right now we decided to hold off on them at the moment until we can find more good techs. We were getting a lot of cars they had already been touched by 5 diff shops and ended up being more of a headache then what we originally told customer so just decided to cut them out.
WOW, i guess business is that good!!!

I know I refer many people your way but they are usually F-Body people looking for a shop
Old 07-27-2015, 10:36 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

WOW, i guess business is that good!!!

I know I refer many people your way but they are usually F-Body people looking for a shop

Yes business is very good. We are swamped right now and I do all the tuning now and with as many cars as we are building right now its hard for me to tune all them so thats why we kinda backed off on tuning them. I wish it wasnt that way but its what we had to do. We will still be doing mechanical work on them such as headers, converter etc. We have also still been doing full builds on them.
Old 07-27-2015, 04:49 PM
On The Tree

I'll be dropping off my GTO for a cam install, intake manifold & throttle body porting, and a tune late next month at Horsepower Addicts. If you haven't decided on a shop by then, I'll post up a review.
They'll most likely be who i'm going to. I also just picked up a GTO as well so keep me updated i'd like to see what your build does. Thanks!
Old 08-07-2015, 01:50 PM
Teching In

Would love to hear feedback on DE or close shops as I am about to get an 02 Firehawk and want to get headers, cutouts and SFCs shortly after it arrives.
Old 08-27-2015, 06:38 AM
Staging Lane

Picking up my car from Horsepower Addicts on Friday. They did the cam swap for me (BTR stage 3) and ported my intake. Baseline was 363/359 with a TSP tune, vararam, and obx longtubes. After the cam/intake she put down 432/398. Very happy with those gains. They've been great as far as answering all of my questions and giving advice. Only thing left to do is see how the drivability is with their tune. Very happy with the experience so far and their prices definitely undercut some of the other very good shops in the area.
Old 08-27-2015, 07:23 PM
On The Tree

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Picking up my car from Horsepower Addicts on Friday. They did the cam swap for me (BTR stage 3) and ported my intake. Baseline was 363/359 with a TSP tune, vararam, and obx longtubes. After the cam/intake she put down 432/398. Very happy with those gains. They've been great as far as answering all of my questions and giving advice. Only thing left to do is see how the drivability is with their tune. Very happy with the experience so far and their prices definitely undercut some of the other very good shops in the area.
Those gains do sound nice.

I emailed HPA today since they are in DE and their quote was pretty good. I'm waiting for a follow up email and final quote but will probably go with them for some bolt-on's.
Old 08-28-2015, 10:57 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 2002Firehawk
Those gains do sound nice.

I emailed HPA today since they are in DE and their quote was pretty good. I'm waiting for a follow up email and final quote but will probably go with them for some bolt-on's.
I'd definitely recommend them. The tuning is spot on. Drivability is awesome. I'll be going back to them for the next round of mods.

Old 08-30-2015, 09:30 AM
TECH Regular

+1 for Josh at HPA he took car of me last year when my 01SS dropped a lifter. Our original plan was to build the car but plans changed and Josh worked with me and took the time explain all the steps. We ended up pulling the MS3 cam and put the car back to stock but Josh did a great job and had a great price. He also rolled my fenders on my 05 GTO and did the exhaust on it after I traded the SS for it.

I dont have any personal experience with Andrew from complete street but have heard great things about him. He has built two of my friends Ls cars and tuned another. I didnt use him because the time frame I was looking to get the work done. Both shops seem to be doing good work.
Old 08-30-2015, 10:30 AM
On The Tree

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

I stopped in to their shop.on my way home from work on Friday. They were very friendly and took the time to explain the mods I want and some thoughts on different brands. Will defin use them for my first round of mods.

Quick Reply: Shops around DE