Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Pittsburgh dodged a bullit

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2005, 09:14 PM
10 & 11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

All this name calling is not needed. The Steelers had a great season and so did the Jets. I personally dont see any team slowing down Peyton Manning and the Colts offense, it will be interesting to see if the Patriots can outscore them.
Old 01-15-2005, 09:21 PM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Caveman
All this name calling is not needed. The Steelers had a great season and so did the Jets. I personally dont see any team slowing down Peyton Manning and the Colts offense, it will be interesting to see if the Patriots can outscore them.
U can really tell the people who have never been on a playing field I mean it football banging heads and **** talking is what its all about.
Old 01-15-2005, 09:36 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by WJ SOM SS
Tom, read some of the posts of yours and the other Pa. guys have been making the past week degrading the Patriots and the Jets. It was bullshit and you know it...That's what cranked me up--but I'm over it. Let the BEST TEAM win this whole tournament. Best wishes to your team the rest of the way.. WJ
Chill out, no need to get hostile. I did not degrade any one just getting psyched for some football. You took it to the next level. We will see how you do tomorrow and if you win then you can talk some ****. Since we won we get to talk **** for the next week. Can not wait to see what happens tomorrow. Yeah Bens game was not great and we made some mistake but we will be back next week, that is all that counts. Good luck to the Patriots and Colts tomorrow should be a good game.

Go Steelers
Old 01-15-2005, 09:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by OrangeSS
U can really tell the people who have never been on a playing field I mean it football banging heads and **** talking is what its all about.

It's true man even through your broke *** logic i know you're just talking trash for the sake of the game. It's what it's all about. I never take that stuff to heart. My opinion on tonight's game is that the steelers didn't really deserve to win but they did. They got it done when they had to. But man I gained alot more respect for the jets tonight. I hope their kicker gets sent away in the offseason he's a jinx..everyone remembers what famous giants game he was involved in You guys had better hope the steeler's can get ben ready for the colts or pats cause they won't be as forgiving as the jets were tonight. I say give maddox a shot if big ben starts with the INT's. He has the experience ben lacks and is a really great veteran QB. Good luck to you guys next week..
Old 01-15-2005, 09:55 PM
Restricted User

Originally Posted by DarkSideSS
It's true man even through your broke *** logic i know you're just talking trash for the sake of the game. It's what it's all about. I never take that stuff to heart. My opinion on tonight's game is that the steelers didn't really deserve to win but they did. They got it done when they had to. But man I gained alot more respect for the jets tonight. I hope their kicker gets sent away in the offseason he's a jinx..everyone remembers what famous giants game he was involved in You guys had better hope the steeler's can get ben ready for the colts or pats cause they won't be as forgiving as the jets were tonight. I say give maddox a shot if big ben starts with the INT's. He has the experience ben lacks and is a really great veteran QB. Good luck to you guys next week..
Maddox can't move the ball.... The Steelers did deserve to win. 2 plays could have lost it for them. Look at the stats, the Jets were beat.

http://www.superbowl.com/gamecenter/...050115_NYJ@PIT
Old 01-15-2005, 10:30 PM

Originally Posted by DarkSideSS
+
That kicker needs shot 2 chances to win the game and he fails at both is uncalled for. And Ben didnt play his best but I feel he did good for a ROOKIE . .
Old 01-15-2005, 11:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

As i have said before DIE PAUL HACKETT DIE, or quit I hate it when a coach puts the game in the least paid player's {foot} when the offense should just go for the win with all your high priced and talented players. Instead of trying to score Mr Hackett is happy to attempt just to get near field goal range then get SUPER ***** and try running plays against the best run Defense in the league when you should try to score and use the field goal as a last option
Old 01-16-2005, 03:58 AM
TECH Junkie

Don't know if any of you saw Curtis Martin's post-game interview, but he said, "We left our blood out on that field tonite. We put ourselves in a position to win twice, and it didn't happen." Martin plays like Champion, and in my mind and many others, he is one--even though he and his Jets won't be playing next week. They gave the Steelers way more than they'd bargained for...Game was a classic. Also, Atlanta proved that they're a formidable contender in the NFC. They might be the "sleeping giant" of the whole tournament. Best wishes to everyone's team.....WJ
Old 01-16-2005, 07:03 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by WJ SOM SS
Show some respect for The World Champions, until they get beat.
We already beat em once this year. Why not make it twice?
Old 01-16-2005, 07:11 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 2001 Pewter WS6
Maddox can't move the ball.... The Steelers did deserve to win. 2 plays could have lost it for them. Look at the stats, the Jets were beat.

http://www.superbowl.com/gamecenter/...050115_NYJ@PIT
Very true. Look at the stats. We out gained the Jets in every category execpt return yards and that almost cost us the game.
Old 01-16-2005, 09:26 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by black_ws6
Very true. Look at the stats. We out gained the Jets in every category execpt return yards and that almost cost us the game.
I'm not saying stats wise you guys didn't have the jets beat. But when you make mistakes you lose ballgames. Simply put. The steelers got very lucky.
Old 01-16-2005, 09:33 AM
TECH Senior Member

Who are these people?
Old 01-16-2005, 11:23 AM
TECH Regular

The Steelers got lucky IMO. I mean the kicker blew the game for the Jets. Missed 2 field goals that would of won the game. The quarterback for the steelers showed his rookie ability. He was asking to be beat. The Jets played a heck of a game! My hats off to the Steelers DEFENCE though. As previously stated the steelers will have to play alot better to beat the Colts or the Pats. I'm rooting for the Pats..Go Brady!
Old 01-16-2005, 11:59 AM

Originally Posted by Fred99Z28
The Steelers got lucky IMO. I mean the kicker blew the game for the Jets. Missed 2 field goals that would of won the game. The quarterback for the steelers showed his rookie ability. He was asking to be beat. The Jets played a heck of a game! My hats off to the Steelers DEFENCE though. As previously stated the steelers will have to play alot better to beat the Colts or the Pats. I'm rooting for the Pats..Go Brady!
Ur right but just like last week ur jets got lucky when they played against the chargers. Clearly in that game the better team didnt win. And as for Ben he isnt a rookie I said before he was a rookie, a rookie would have gave up, lastnigh he didnt. Ben plays like a veteren and talks like one. U need lick to be successful to get to the superbowl just like the Pats got lucky that year they played the Raiders. If u think about no matter what happens to the steelers they find away to win even if they give the other team every chance to win. It kinda makes u think that its ment to be
Old 01-16-2005, 05:30 PM
Dan
11 Second Club

Are you watching the game? Same Ol Colts, Choking in the snow, Same as last year..After watching this game so Far I give the steelers a hell of a chance to win next week..Their wins have not been pretty but they are 16-1..GO STEELERS
Old 01-16-2005, 07:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

the pats game was great, the bowled right over the colts. will make an excellent game next week. but my god the the defense held them to 3 points, hopefully they can do that to the steelers next week too, but i think that will be a tougher game, but a great one at that.
Old 01-16-2005, 07:07 PM
Launching!

Going to be a great game next weekend. Pats looked good today.
Old 01-16-2005, 07:58 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Z28_Ninja
but i think that will be a tougher game, but a great one at that.
I agree. I hope it's not a nail biter like the Jets game yesterday. My heart can't take another game like that.
Old 01-16-2005, 08:15 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

peyton who? all i saw him doing was
pats are always under rated at what we are capable of
next week against pitsburg will be tough but we will have dillon this time around too
will definetly be a good game
Old 01-16-2005, 08:39 PM

Originally Posted by black_ws6
I agree. I hope it's not a nail biter like the Jets game yesterday. My heart can't take another game like that.
No games like yesterday between the jets and steelers are the games u want to see. Thats what the playoffs are about having u on the edge of ur seat are games ull remembers for a lifetime. Thats football and thats what I wanna watch.