Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Pittsburgh dodged a bullit

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2005, 03:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by OrangeSS
Its funny how the Pats have a few good season and now there the ****. You Mass fans are a bunch of retards. I quess when u are surrounded by losing teams like all u retards have been u'll start over reacting to a few good seasons. Ur area and teams will always be known as the loser state I mean u have loyal players who leave ur teams to go to other cities to win there championships. Hahahahaha choke choke choke the PAts wil go
are you really that slow? the boston celtics and boston bruins through the 70's and 80's where the top teams to beat, hell the have more championships in that time period than you have brain cells apparently. and yes the patriots have not had that much success untill late but they have it now, and the red sox have 2 world series which is not a lot but it is something. and the celtics and bruins i already posted and in there respective leauges are some of the best teams in history. so i would not say that they will always be known as losser teams because anyone that knows there head from there *** about sports would know that boston has had some greats teams.
Old 01-18-2005, 03:50 PM
Dan
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's going to be a great game no matter what..Everyone is throwing up the running stats..Remember who is #1 at stopping the run & has the #1 Defense..Defense usually wins championships..I believe I heard the other day that the last 3 teams to allow the fewest points in a season won the Super Bowl..Guess who allowed the fewest this Season? You got it, Pittsburgh
Old 01-18-2005, 06:25 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Dan
It's going to be a great game no matter what..Everyone is throwing up the running stats..Remember who is #1 at stopping the run & has the #1 Defense..Defense usually wins championships..I believe I heard the other day that the last 3 teams to allow the fewest points in a season won the Super Bowl..Guess who allowed the fewest this Season? You got it, Pittsburgh
Pats are #2 behind pittburg in giving up the fewest points (15.7 versus 16.3 points a game). I think what some of you guys are forgetting about is that when two great defenses go at it, it comes down to special teams and offense as the difference makers. I threw up the running stats to to show that pittsburg's top 2 running backs arent as good as you guys think. The reason everyone thinks they wear down teams is because they get alot of carries in order to keep the ball out of Ben's hands. Rergardless, someone is gonna eat crow on Monday, and I hope it isnt me since I got superbowl tickets
Old 01-18-2005, 09:10 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by RealQuick
I got superbowl tickets
you suck
can i come
Old 01-18-2005, 09:26 PM
Dan
11 Second Club

Pats are #2 behind pittburg in giving up the fewest points (15.7 versus 16.3 points a game). I think what some of you guys are forgetting about is that when two great defenses go at it, it comes down to special teams and offense as the difference makers. I threw up the running stats to to show that pittsburg's top 2 running backs arent as good as you guys think. The reason everyone thinks they wear down teams is because they get alot of carries in order to keep the ball out of Ben's hands. Rergardless, someone is gonna eat crow on Monday, and I hope it isnt me since I got superbowl tickets
To be # 2 in the league in Rushing offense is not as good as I think? If the Steelers win, will you sell me those tickets cheap? Hahaha
Old 01-18-2005, 09:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Dan
To be # 2 in the league in Rushing offense is not as good as I think? If the Steelers win, will you sell me those tickets cheap? Hahaha
they also had a hell of a lot more attempts. they had 618 while atlanta who was no.1 had around 520, and everyone behind pittsbugh had less than that. why, because other teams have more of a balanced attack, so they dont run as much. as long as we stop the run, we will win, cuz i really dont see rothli-somethin doing anything great this weekend. and all the pittsburegh fans are gonna say "well, ummm,... you wont be able to stop the run" well thats what everyone said about the colts whole offense too, so we shall see
Old 01-19-2005, 07:01 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by griffz28350
they also had a hell of a lot more attempts. they had 618 while atlanta who was no.1 had around 520, and everyone behind pittsbugh had less than that. why, because other teams have more of a balanced attack, so they dont run as much. as long as we stop the run, we will win, cuz i really dont see rothli-somethin doing anything great this weekend. and all the pittsburegh fans are gonna say "well, ummm,... you wont be able to stop the run" well thats what everyone said about the colts whole offense too, so we shall see
Have you ever thought about why Pittsburgh had so many carries? With a 15-1 record, they were obviously winning more often than they were losing. And what do teams that are winning do???? They run the ball to kill the clock. Duh!

As for Atlanta being the top running team....if you factor the QB stats out of it how do they compare? Vick is a freak and runs a lot which inflates the running stats.
Old 01-19-2005, 07:31 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Dan
I am showing your running backs arent putting up great numbers (yards per carry). I could rush for a 100 yards per game in the nfl, but it would probably take me 50 rushes. Does that mean i had an awesome game because i broke a hundred yards? No, it means I averaged a lousy 2 yards per carry! The comments were made earlier about who has a better running attack, obviously its the pats based on how many yards they get per carry.
Old 01-19-2005, 07:38 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by black_ws6
Have you ever thought about why Pittsburgh had so many carries? With a 15-1 record, they were obviously winning more often than they were losing. And what do teams that are winning do???? They run the ball to kill the clock. Duh!

As for Atlanta being the top running team....if you factor the QB stats out of it how do they compare? Vick is a freak and runs a lot which inflates the running stats.
Warrick Dunn for Atlanta - (265carries/ 1106 yards/ 4.2 average)
Vicks numbers only matter for the total yes, but the running back is still getting good yards per carry.
Old 01-19-2005, 08:16 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Warrick Dunn for Atlanta - (265carries/ 1106 yards/ 4.2 average)
Vicks numbers only matter for the total yes, but the running back is still getting good yards per carry.

Can't forget my favorite of their running backs TJ Duckett who contributed a little over 500 yards himself to the cause. Also averaged about 5 yards per carry.
Old 01-19-2005, 08:25 AM
Restricted User

Who cares how many games he played?? Look at how many carries he had! Look at yards per carry!!!
Here is what you need to know (carries/yards/average)
Jerome Bettis: (250carries/ 941yards/ 3.8yards)
Deuce Staley (192carries/ 830yards/ 4.3yards)
Corey Dillon (345carries/ 1635 yards/ 4.7 yards)
Kevin Faulk (54 carries/ 255yards/ 4.7 yards)

Lets see, it took Pittsburgs 2 running backs (442 carries/ 1771 yards/ 4.0 yards)

Lets see, it took New Englands 2 running backs to get (399 carries/ 1890 yards/ 4.7 yards)

As far as rushing yards on Sunday, the Jets nabbed 4.1 yards a carry against the steelers, so they arent as great as you guys make them out to be. If Corey runs for 70yds, and kevin runs 30, who cares what the total is. Its yards/carry. We may only run the ball 20 times and get 80 yards (4 yards/carry), which is a decent average. Dont look at total yards, look at yards per rush because it reflects how many times we TRIED to run the ball. Steelers could get 200 yards rushing, but it will take 50-60 carries to do it.
Ok lets see here, last time we played you guys

Patriots rushing - 5 yards devided by 6 attempts = .8 yards per attempt
Steelers rushing - 221 yards devided by 49 attempts = 4.5 yards per rush

Why did you guys only rush 6 times? Because you can't run against the Steelers... Hope Brady will be accurate in his passing game.
Old 01-19-2005, 09:19 AM
Dan
11 Second Club

I don't think you can count yards per rush opposed to total rusing yards in this game..If Corey Dillon runs 10 times for 50yrds & Bettis runs for 100 on 30 carries, who do you think wins? Probably The Steelers because they are controlling the clock..YDS per carry doesn't matter in this one game unless Dillon gets 100 yrds on 10 carries..I am just using this as an example...We held the Rushing champion Curtis Martin to like 77 yards in each game, but who controlled the clock by a landslide? Pittsburgh
Old 01-19-2005, 09:30 AM
8 Second 6 Speed Director

Location: windsor, ont. canada - Home of the fastest LT1 6spd.

yeah i know it is late, but i don't often venture into the eastern forum.... i couldn't watch the second jets attempt! i too was a nervous wreck!

hats off to the jets, their defense and special teams almost pulled one out.

big ben definitely needs to at least play like he did all year, mainly making s,art decisions. rookie mistakes i guess. as a wole they definitely earned the right to be in the conference finals! if they don't flat out get beat bad by new england, or beat the heck out of them, which i am pretty sure won't happen ,i just might have a heart attack! watching this sunday's game!

if i drank tequila last saturday, that might have triggered a heart attack. either way i think pittsburgh will give new england all they can handle! and how about the Bus!
Old 01-19-2005, 09:50 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by 2001 Pewter WS6
Ok lets see here, last time we played you guys

Patriots rushing - 5 yards devided by 6 attempts = .8 yards per attempt
Steelers rushing - 221 yards devided by 49 attempts = 4.5 yards per rush

Why did you guys only rush 6 times? Because you can't run against the Steelers... Hope Brady will be accurate in his passing game.
You still dont get it do you. the best running back in football didnt play that day.
Old 01-19-2005, 10:24 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Dan
I don't think you can count yards per rush opposed to total rusing yards in this game..If Corey Dillon runs 10 times for 50yrds & Bettis runs for 100 on 30 carries, who do you think wins? Probably The Steelers because they are controlling the clock..YDS per carry doesn't matter in this one game unless Dillon gets 100 yrds on 10 carries..I am just using this as an example...We held the Rushing champion Curtis Martin to like 77 yards in each game, but who controlled the clock by a landslide? Pittsburgh
I assume you dont watch much of the Pats, so I will mention this:
Believe it or not the Pats use passing as ball control and time of possession scheming. Short passes/screen passes are a big favorite. The Patriots have been the first team to score in a game I think 29 of their last 30 games, and usually they dont trail at all.

I would tend to think Bettis and Staley will need a combined 200 yards Saunday to win. I doubt they will break the 100 mark, but we'll see. The Pats defensive scheming is good at taking away the aspect of a team that will hurt you the most. In the case of the steelers, its the running game. Pats will plan on taking that away, so it will come down to how well Ben can execute.

Speaking of time of possession, the Pats had the ball 15 minutes more than the best offense in the league. Thats a full quarter extra, not bad.
Old 01-19-2005, 10:31 AM
Launching!

You still dont get it do you. the best running back in football didnt play that day.
Who freaking cares? The best running back in the NFL this season only got 77 yards on us. So what Corey Dillon was out? Is your backup that bad that he only got single digit yardage? Oh, he only carried 6 times? Must have been the genius Bellicheck's awesome game plan to run the ball 6 times.

Now personally I think the 2 teams are very, very evenly matched. Great defense, great running attack, adequate passing. It is going to come down to field position advantages by turnovers and the punt teams, and big plays.

Look at the win in week 8:

a 50 yard pass to Plex
a 20 yard scoring drive after a Brady fumble
an interception return for a TD. 21 to 0. To me those are all a result of big plays that you cannot predict. It can go either way Sunday, I just hope it the Black and Gold can pull one out.
Old 01-19-2005, 10:39 AM
Restricted User

You don't get it... We took on the BEST back in the league and he couldn't run on us. What makes you think Dillon will be able to. Also you talk about time of posession. We had the ball for 40 minutes against the Pats. Who lead the league in Time of Posession?? Not New England, Pittsburgh did using ball control. Everyone... Please just listen to this... right click - save as

http://1007.com/audio/BradyBunch.mp3

Last edited by 2001 Pewter WS6; 01-19-2005 at 10:46 AM.
Old 01-19-2005, 11:03 AM
TECH Junkie

You don't get it... We took on the BEST back in the league and he couldn't run on us. What makes you think Dillon will be able to. Also you talk about time of posession. We had the ball for 40 minutes against the Pats. Who lead the league in Time of Posession?? Not New England, Pittsburgh did using ball control. Everyone... Please just listen to this... right click - save as

Your stating the obvious. Why is it you guys had the ball so long? We attempted 6 rushes and had to pass the whole time and we turned the ball over 4 times. Thats what happens when you have to pass the ball the whole game because your running back is out.

Its going to come down to turnovers. Whoever makes the fewest wins.
Old 01-19-2005, 11:25 AM
Launching!

That was pretty good, go steelers
Old 01-19-2005, 12:12 PM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

Well since u guys like to brag that corey dillon is the best back in the NFL Hmmmm Lets see who won the rushjing title? Who is 4th and 5th on the all time rushing list? I dont see dillon having the title nor is he close to being 4th or 5th on the all time rushing list.