Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Race going down...EVO MR vs. My WS6

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2005, 08:35 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

and if jason is afraid to drive his car i will come up there and you can ride in mine
Old 03-05-2005, 08:44 PM
Race your car!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Don't worry about that... I've driven stuff way faster than mt t/a will ever be.
Old 03-05-2005, 09:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I used to beat around with an WRX and we were pretty close. All he had was an up and down pipe, exhaust (catless) and boost controller set around 20lbs and he was running 13 flat. Used to take me the whole track to catch and pass him. I'm thinking this evo is going to be high 12's easy... Good luck! He will definately pull you right out of the hole. AWD is NO JOKE!
Old 03-05-2005, 10:15 PM
Staging Lane

Ya, you gotta admit 13's stock for an import isnt bad and mid 12's with minimal mods aint bad either. AWD is really on of the big bonuses he has on you, so make sure to practice your launching.
Old 03-06-2005, 02:27 AM
BMW ///M Nerd

Hey SLP, you remember me from awhile ago? I was at that same dyno day as you back a couple years ago at NE Dyno. I remember seeing your car down there, I think it was just bolt ons at the time? I forgot you were on here, that's a bad *** car man. Smoothie IIs make that car look sick.

JL- PM sent
Old 03-06-2005, 03:08 AM
TECH Fanatic

I remember you! Thanks for the compliments. Still just a bolt-on car Can't wait to start driving her again this spring. Also have some major mods ligned up Good luck with the EVO!
Old 03-06-2005, 03:16 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by '02 SLP#686
I used to beat around with an WRX and we were pretty close. All he had was an up and down pipe, exhaust (catless) and boost controller set around 20lbs and he was running 13 flat. Used to take me the whole track to catch and pass him. I'm thinking this evo is going to be high 12's easy... Good luck! He will definately pull you right out of the hole. AWD is NO JOKE!

if he's running 20 psi... he is probably not on the stock turbo... the stock turbo runs out of breath up there and loses power when you try to run that kind of boost through it...
Old 03-06-2005, 03:56 AM
TECH Fanatic

whats up bro i have heard the rumors at school too and i dont know what to think but it should be a good race for sure let me know when its going down might have to take out the hugger
Old 03-06-2005, 06:55 AM
Race your car!

My99- you live right on old county road huh. I think that I've seen you around there while I've been out on my lunch break. I work in the ind. plaza on old county circle, across from the fedex building.
Nice looking car from what I have seen.
Bad- got your P.M. Hold off on that race until you get the cam and tune in, give yourself the chance to do that. And get some gears in your car too, 3.73's will hold up for a while in the 10 bolt, be a good idea to do that too. Unless you run this guy from a 20 mph roll, you are gonna have a problem.
Old 03-06-2005, 10:06 AM
BMW ///M Nerd

I'm putting my guitar on Ebay today. So I should have an extra $1500-2k to play with at the end of the week. I need 1 new drag radial. My BFGs still have some meat on them, but 1 is popped. I may patch it just for now.

I need to do a few things to the car to get it running.
fuel filter
diff flush
tranny flush
oil change
flush the coolant, ive got new samco sport hoses, and that Evans non-aqueous coolant to throw in there.

Then a cam and tune
F14 on a 112LSA with Comp 921 duals, tit. retainers, etc.

I should have enough cash to do that.

As for the gears, I'll probably hold off. My rear end whines like a hobby, I was going to spend the money I am on the cam, on the Billingsley FAB 9". I guess I'll have to hold off for awhile. That or I'll sell my quad for some extra mod cash.
Old 03-06-2005, 10:28 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by JL ws-6
My99- you live right on old county road huh. I think that I've seen you around there while I've been out on my lunch break. I work in the ind. plaza on old county circle, across from the fedex building.
Nice looking car from what I have seen.
Bad- got your P.M. Hold off on that race until you get the cam and tune in, give yourself the chance to do that. And get some gears in your car too, 3.73's will hold up for a while in the 10 bolt, be a good idea to do that too. Unless you run this guy from a 20 mph roll, you are gonna have a problem.
ya thats me JL you should stop by sometimeand check her out this spring whenever i decide to take her out of hibernation.rob if you want you could use my bros gn i think that should have no problem taking the evo out
Old 03-06-2005, 01:13 PM
11 Second Club

This should be a damn close race if the mods listed are accurate. Just be careful...I got smoked by a local evo last year who turned out to be cammed, full exhaust, mbc and tuned runing 11.9's @ 118 on stock turbo.
Old 03-06-2005, 04:22 PM
BMW ///M Nerd

Originally Posted by NightHawk_WS6
This should be a damn close race if the mods listed are accurate. Just be careful...I got smoked by a local evo last year who turned out to be cammed, full exhaust, mbc and tuned runing 11.9's @ 118 on stock turbo.

Yeah that's the first thing my buddy said when I called him and told him the kids mods. He was like I know of more than 2 over 400 horse EVOs down there, so be careful. I think Speed Technik actually builds the wrxs and evos along with the rest of the bmws, mercedes, etc.

I'm still fairly confident about this race though. I know I can out drive him, and with the addition of the cam, I'll have a big power advantage. I'm thinking half way through this race I'll be next to his window looking at him, and hopefully should be able to take him down from there.
Old 03-06-2005, 06:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Eric L
if he's running 20 psi... he is probably not on the stock turbo... the stock turbo runs out of breath up there and loses power when you try to run that kind of boost through it...

Yeah... LOL It was stock turbo, and he popped the motor shortly after It would get all sorts of nasty around the 20# range... popping and bucking. Damn thing took one hell of a beating though. 60K miles of HARD driving!
Old 03-06-2005, 06:40 PM
Race your car!

My99- is the Gn you're talking about the one that I see in the apartment complex parking lot out front every day that I go to subway for lunch with the TT2 wheels on it? If so.. I'll definately have to swing by some day this summer on my way out of work or something. Not like it's outta my way or anything.
Old 03-06-2005, 07:48 PM
On The Tree

**** it, Go N2O, you could get a 150 dollar system from Pep Boys. 20 minute install. It'll serve the purpose for 1 run. I'd just hate to lose a G
Old 03-06-2005, 10:06 PM
Launching!

I'd be real leary about a race with an AWD factory turbo car in the winter. Well, now I would not, but if I was near stock I would. In the summer, I like your chances. Now, my money would be on an Evo with a few upgrades.

You have two things working against you....dust on the roads and temperature. AWD is perfect traction in the real world in early March in CT. Turbo's make a lot more power at 35 deg., than at 90.

An Evo's engine is essentially the same as a Talon's with some more boost and better ancilliaries. I own both, so take it from one who knows.

If I had money on the race, it would not be on you.
Old 03-06-2005, 11:09 PM
Launching!

yeah i dont know dude.... i have a 05 mr and a SS im with both worlds.... MR's with just full exhaust and a tune go from 240 awhp to 310 range.... since he has a fuel pump and all its gonna be a stout car...be careful.... it is a stock turbo however.... the MR boost at 20 psi stock....but they taper off once they hit full boost.... my stock MR dynoed at 241 271.... time for more mods....

Last edited by tomss99; 03-06-2005 at 11:16 PM.
Old 03-11-2005, 02:38 PM
BMW ///M Nerd

Originally Posted by JL ws-6
My99- is the Gn you're talking about the one that I see in the apartment complex parking lot out front every day that I go to subway for lunch with the TT2 wheels on it? If so.. I'll definately have to swing by some day this summer on my way out of work or something. Not like it's outta my way or anything.

Yeah that's Chris's little brothers ride. I haven't been out in it yet, but it's a nice ride. All the mods are there, so I'm sure it rips.

Tom, he's got a boost controller, 3" exhaust and he said some kinda of fuel managment. He doesn't have injectors or a fuel pump yet.

BTW the race has been post-poned for a few weeks. I'm going to wait till I get the cam in, and the weather warms up.