Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Finally finished the spring project.....

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2005, 11:59 AM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Talking Finally finished the spring project.....

Well, my spring has been dominated by building a 30x20ft deck off the back of the house. Its built on 2x10 floor joists and support beams and all the exterior materials are composite. The decking is tongue and groove and looks and feels like natural cedar. It even has a grain to it that aids in wet traction and slip resistance.

Here's some pics...

As you can see, the house is getting the mod money these days, but at least I'm not worried about it breaking....
Attached Thumbnails Finally finished the spring project.....-deck51505.jpg   Finally finished the spring project.....-deck52705.jpg   Finally finished the spring project.....-deck52705b.jpg   Finally finished the spring project.....-deck060905a.jpg   Finally finished the spring project.....-deck060905b.jpg  

Old 06-09-2005, 12:10 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

nice deck
Old 06-09-2005, 12:10 PM
Humanitarian

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

No built in hot tub???
Old 06-09-2005, 12:11 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Looks good! What's next on your list?
Old 06-09-2005, 01:23 PM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Originally Posted by Tracer X
Looks good! What's next on your list?
I'm probably going to enjoy the summer and put in some ceiling fans in the master bedroom as well as in the family room. This fall I'm going to put a marble floor in the kitchen and foyer.

The best part of this project is the tools I 'needed' to purchase. I got a nice 12" double compound DeWalt miter saw as well as a table saw. Made the job a heck of a lot easier.

Thanks for the compliment guys.
Old 06-09-2005, 01:44 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Make sure to show us some pics of how those projects turn out also! I wish you lived next door to me! I would love to have a marble kitchen floor! Do you work for beer?
Old 06-09-2005, 02:21 PM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Originally Posted by Tracer X
Make sure to show us some pics of how those projects turn out also! I wish you lived next door to me! I would love to have a marble kitchen floor! Do you work for beer?
Actually I have my own kegorator and when I finish the basement, a wet bar is going under the breakast room (the bump out in the deck pictures). Then I will be putting in a three tap setup, Yuengling Lager, Yuengling Light and a nitrogen / co2 mix for Guinness and Harp. I plan to run a line up through the wall to outside onto the deck so I can put a tap outside into another small bar.

I could have spent the cash and paid someone to do these projects, but the satisfaction from learning and doing something yourself is so much more gratifying. When people come over, they are amazed at how nice the deck is, but shocked to find out that I did it myself which makes me feal really good. Two of my neighbors have already asked me to redo their decks since they were built with pressure treated lumber only. Talk about some MOD MONEY...
Old 06-09-2005, 02:51 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

damn that sounds like an extreml;y good setup whens the party

you definetly get 10x more satifascation from doing the project yourself too and will in turn appreciate it and use it more