Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

its official I hate my car *long rant*

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2005, 05:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default its official I hate my car *long rant*

I am so sick of my car. Its been a long road and its not getting any better. Today with the help of a buddy I was going to put in a stock clutch. Took the clutch I bought from a member of the site used (that was supposed to have 60k on it and worked fine) and it was trashed. Everything is junk. I didnt pay much for it though.Now I have to find a stock clutch for cheap. My credit card is maxed out from all of the other parts I had to install.
I finally got the roll bar out and the carpet installed.Once that was done I started getting positive about the car since it was looking more like a stock car. Then I start the motor and all I smell is coolant. It is just at the start though. I am not really sure what the issue would be.We were very careful about putting the heads on right and intake. I can not vouch for the integrity of the stock heads though which I doubt matters in this case.
I really dont know what to do now. I am out of money and I desperately need to get rid of this car. I wish I would have sold it complete to someone with all the performance parts included for what ever I could get. I wouldnt care if it was even for payoff.

Anyways thanks for listening to my rant. At this point I would get rid of it for any reasonable offer. I dont owe much on the car at all. I will entertain any offers at this point. For someone who has more time and a little money this car will be a good deal. Its always been a strong car and I wish I had the money to put into it. Now I am engaged and suddenly lost all the income I was putting in the car years ago.Everyone knows how that is.
Old 07-12-2005, 05:11 PM
10 Second Club

Sorry to hear it man, your sale price/prices were/are very reasonable too.
Old 07-12-2005, 05:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

To buy parts for the car I had to refinance the loan too. I have done a lot of work to the car since I had the car for sale and will sell it for the same. I will talk to the bank to get my payoff tomorrow. I will go under the payoff also. I will have to work something out with family or something.
Old 07-12-2005, 05:15 PM
11 Second Club

Im sorry to hear that. Marc can vouch for the fact that I often go through the same thing with my car. Hope it all works out for you.
Old 07-12-2005, 05:25 PM
BMW ///M Nerd

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sucks man, I know how you feel. I blew my rear 2 months ago and it sucks staring at a car you can't drive. Especially with the weather being nice and all.

If you really want to get rid of it, get me a price. I know quite a few people, and may be able to find someone to pick it up off you. Sounds like a nice car, just needs a few small things.

Rob
Old 07-12-2005, 06:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I was trying to sell it for 12 grand. I will buy the clutch it needs if you can sell it. See if anyone thinks thats a good deal. I will work with that price though. Beer is on me for a night if someone can sell the car. All it needs is a person more knowledgeable than me that can put more time in it and a little $$$.
Old 07-12-2005, 09:13 PM

what have you put back to stock?
what is left on the car from your sig?
Old 07-12-2005, 09:47 PM
BMW ///M Nerd

Originally Posted by thechef
what have you put back to stock?
what is left on the car from your sig?
Ditto.
Old 07-12-2005, 09:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

everything is stock with the exception of the ported tb,welded sfc's,lid/filter and double timing chain. The rear (3.42's),suspension,tune,injectors and all other boltons were taken back to stock. The car has 16000 miles and has every SLP option.The A/C needs installed as well as air pump. Also the car has new carpet
Old 07-12-2005, 10:25 PM
On The Tree

lol u got it good bud.. Ive had my car for about 10 months... Ive actually had it 2 in my position. Driven it maybe 2 dozen time.. and I already got arrested for street racing and now 60hours of community service. lol
Old 07-22-2005, 04:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
LS1Tech 20 Year Member

you selling a roll bar?

what kind and how much?