Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

still alive... and well?

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2005, 09:50 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default still alive... and well?

howdy y'all from the Lone Star State! i just rolled on in on friday night... but my cars have not even left MA yet!!! i'm going to have some choice words with them come monday morning...

my trip was a not so horrible 4 days in a 16ft penske truck, getting 10-11mpg ($525 in gas so far, and i still have to top it off before dropping it off). I spent my nights staying with friends and checking out the nightlife in: arlington,VA (next to DC), univ of kentucky (in lexington), and the univ of memphis (where i made 'friends' with the southern belles ). i also stopped in philly for some cheesesteaks, got some bbq in memphis...

and then for hte only thing you peeps will care about: i took a tour of the corvette factory and museum in bowling green kentucky! i got to see some brand new Z06's rolling off the assembly line, which was pretty badass. i actually saw 3 of them driving up hte highway on my way to bowling green, and at the factory i was told that they take a handful of cars on 20-30 mile 'beat down' test runs to test their QA procedures, and that's what these Z06's were doing, since they supposedly arent sent to dealerships yet. coincidentially, there was a 'camaro/firebird reunion' car show going on at the corvette museum parking lot... there wern't too many cars yet though, cuz it was only wednesday.

so thats my trip in a nutshell... i dont have an internet hookup at the house yet (at a friend's place right now), so i dunno when the next time i'm gonna get to be on is... but in the mean time, i'll be sure to be enjoying the southern hospitality, and i'll remind any rednecks i meet as to who won the war (noyzee is still trying to figure that one out though )
Old 09-18-2005, 11:52 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow sounds like an awesome trip. Looks like you def. made the most of that trip.
Old 09-19-2005, 08:06 AM
8 second mod

i know who won! lol
glad the trip was a safe one. and if your going to have anymore work done on the car send it back to me. lol
good luck man
Old 09-19-2005, 09:54 AM
Launching!

That's all for gas. I'm going from Albuquerque to Boston by way of Illinois in a 41 days. I was expecting over a grand for gas.

Now that I think more about it's still gonna be up there. Damn dead dinosaurs.
Old 09-19-2005, 10:10 AM
8 second mod

i went 1,000 miles this weekend, towing my enclosed and i spent around 400-450 in gas.
Old 09-19-2005, 03:20 PM
TECH Addict

as you get farther away from new england, gas prices go down. but they do spike a little when you get near cities. yes, granted gas did go down across the board in the past week, but this is just the general trend... the truck ran on gasoline, and in NJ i paid $3.11 (i think the mass pike was like $3.26 at the time, but i was able to make to to NJ on the first tank). in Tennessee, arkansas and texas, gas is commonly available in the 2.60's. some of the more rural parts, you could get 87 unledded in the 2.50's. i tried to be a little strategic about my fill-ups, and avoid needing gas while in urban areas.

i believe someone on this board posted a website that you can estimate your fuel costs on long trips. it was pretty accurate. (sorry, dont have the link handy at the moment)
Old 09-19-2005, 03:30 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Noyzee
i know who won! lol
glad the trip was a safe one. and if your going to have anymore work done on the car send it back to me. lol
good luck man
with the way this transport is going (not at all), i dunno if i'll be shipping my car anywhere, anytime soon it'll be cheaper just to ship you down here!

BTW: i'm already getting invites to join clubs/crews in this area, and i havent even met anyone yet! hopefully they dont have any gay rivalries down here they way they do back home... i can't wait for people to ask me "what the heck is noyzee racing"
Old 09-19-2005, 03:36 PM
8 second mod

haha, ship me down there, thats sweet!!
im sure they have the clicks, everyplace does.
good luck, have fun.
Old 09-19-2005, 04:58 PM

Good thing about Texas, you can drive the car year round.
Old 09-21-2005, 03:18 PM
TECH Addict

yeah, i can drive my car year round... if i ever get it! the hauling company is really dicking me around. basically everyday they tell me 'the driver has a couple more dropoffs before making pickups and it should be getting picked up later tomorrow, i'll call the driver and call you back with an update'. i get that every single day, and i never get a call back.

i got a little fiesty with them yesterday and they said there was a 99% chance that it would get picked up yesterday... never happened. i called them today and they said if it doesnt get picked up by tomorrow, they'll give me a refund. i told them i dont want a refund, i want my friggin cars!!!

oh man, am i pissed off. i gotta interview for jobs and **** and all i have is rollerblades and a bike. even if i go with another company, it would be a two week turnaround, and all their rates have gone up since i make this appointment.

i am furious.