Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Paging PurEvl

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2006, 11:22 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Time for some LS1 folks to hit up the local tea and crumpet cafe and see some eyes pop. There are some pounds in this place!
Old 01-12-2006, 01:08 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Big Mike
Good luck in your first show Krazy98Z28. I have been competing since 1997 in the NPC shows here in NYC. I am training now to compete in the Eastern Classics which is in November. I such as Mike (PurEvyl) give myself plenty of time to get ready for a contest. Right now I am about 280lb at 6'0" even. I plan on stepping on stage at the top of the heavy's at 220-224, that's the plan.
thanks Mike, I am looking foward to it.....and I'll claim ive never used any juice nor will I ever ....its all in the diet
Old 01-12-2006, 02:02 AM
TECH Resident

Oh i'm not saying just juice and that's it. Even with it you need to put in a lot of time and effort. It takes a lot of will power to do what you do. I don't think I could ever put that much time in working out and eating right. I would go mad. Well krazy good luck. Quick question though....do you guys go for more weight less reps or less weight more reps and which way will get you cut up more?
Old 01-12-2006, 08:13 AM
TECH Senior Member

BTW, all natural and competetive bodybuilding don't belong in the same sentence.
spoken like a true BB'er in the Npc...preach on brother
Old 01-12-2006, 09:12 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by PurEvl
spoken like a true BB'er in the Npc...preach on brother

AMEN!!!

Another thing I would like to mention since we are on topic. I've been on several car forums including this one and other various talk boards (I'm not bashing anyone in particular) and it gets me crazy when I read novice non competetive ******** giving competition diet and steroid advice when they know nothing about the sport. If you have never competed before, you have no business giving out diet advise and certainly not drug advise. I'm not saying that means you need to be a bodybuilder to understand dieting and drugs because some of the best trainers I've met never competed. I just despise the bullshit spewing from the keyboards of the adolescence on the internet.

People claim to have gone on a diet and "lost 30 lbs of bodyfat" or "I gained 10 pounds of muscle" this month (do you have any idea what it takes to gain 10 pounds of muscle)??

People need to know there place when it comes to bodybuilding. Just because you workout and have a couple veins in your forearms, DOES NOT by any means make you a bodybuilder!!!!

I love tossing the football around with my buddies, that doesn't make me an NFL quarterback.

[/vent off]
Old 01-12-2006, 09:15 AM
TECH Junkie

exactly why I have a nutritionist telling me what to do
Old 01-12-2006, 09:19 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Krazy98Z28
exactly why I have a nutritionist telling me what to do

Thats awesome dude!! I'm refering to the people who don't compete who are the ones with the golden advise .
Old 01-12-2006, 09:57 AM
TECH Senior Member

AMEN!!!

Another thing I would like to mention since we are on topic. I've been on several car forums including this one and other various talk boards (I'm not bashing anyone in particular) and it gets me crazy when I read novice non competetive ******** giving competition diet and steroid advice when they know nothing about the sport. If you have never competed before, you have no business giving out diet advise and certainly not drug advise. I'm not saying that means you need to be a bodybuilder to understand dieting and drugs because some of the best trainers I've met never competed. I just despise the bullshit spewing from the keyboards of the adolescence on the internet.

People claim to have gone on a diet and "lost 30 lbs of bodyfat" or "I gained 10 pounds of muscle" this month (do you have any idea what it takes to gain 10 pounds of muscle)??

People need to know there place when it comes to bodybuilding. Just because you workout and have a couple veins in your forearms, DOES NOT by any means make you a bodybuilder!!!!

I love tossing the football around with my buddies, that doesn't make me an NFL quarterback.

[/vent off]
Oh god dont get me started, Im a mod on some bodybuilding/powerlifing boards, they are all 20 something know it alls with 13" arms that have been lifting a month. Yet they read some so called gurus advice an now they know it all. I esp love when power lifters give dieting advice an what not. I swear to god some of my favs have been a "calorie is a calorie" but when i challenge them to diet on frosted flakes they never seem to take it? Also how BB'ing routines for hypertrophy dont work...like all of a sudden 50 years of knowledge thats worked an still used by EVERY SINGLE Pro today dont work anymore. The real problem is people are lazy as **** an want a new shortcut or fad rather then hard work, **** look at the mg's of roids now adays...***** like 400mg cc...bigger/more is not better. If you cant grow on a couple cc's of test an something else stacked then your not cut out for this. I can go on an on but wont.
Old 01-12-2006, 11:05 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by PurEvl
Oh god dont get me started, Im a mod on some bodybuilding/powerlifing boards, they are all 20 something know it alls with 13" arms that have been lifting a month. Yet they read some so called gurus advice an now they know it all. I esp love when power lifters give dieting advice an what not. I swear to god some of my favs have been a "calorie is a calorie" but when i challenge them to diet on frosted flakes they never seem to take it? Also how BB'ing routines for hypertrophy dont work...like all of a sudden 50 years of knowledge thats worked an still used by EVERY SINGLE Pro today dont work anymore. The real problem is people are lazy as **** an want a new shortcut or fad rather then hard work, **** look at the mg's of roids now adays...***** like 400mg cc...bigger/more is not better. If you cant grow on a couple cc's of test an something else stacked then your not cut out for this. I can go on an on but wont.
Its so true, and there are soooooooo many people out there that give lifting/dieting advice and they have no background and arent educated enough on nutrition or exercise to give any advice period. Thats why i cant go to regular run of the mill gyms anymore, I cant stand listening to all the garbage that comes from the so called "cetified trainers". Just because you have some muscle or are in good shape DOESNT mean you have enough knowledge to become a personal trainer. They had an awesome article on it in mens health, how a great deal of the personal trainers at most gyms have no business giving nutrional and workout advice to anyone, and will actually cause more harm than good. I was lucky, my bball coach at school coached me when I was a post-grad at worcester academy, then he went to dayton as an assistant coach, so when he came back and coached my final two college seasons it was great. He went out and hired one of his strength/nutrion coaches from dayton to work with the team and he gave us legit workouts and nutrional plans. Now when I see random people spewing nutrional/exercise info to clueless people at gyms it makes me wanna . Also, I agree I love how people look for the easy way out and think that if they use a certain "supplement" that they can just sit around, eat whatever they want, and lift occasionally and they will be huge/jacked/cut. All supplements, including juice, are exactly that, they are there to supplement your training, not replace your training yet people still believe otherwise. They will just increase the dosage of whatever they are taking, thinking more is better, and thats why there are so many stories on the news with people having health problems taking certain supplements. I mean come on use your common sense, if it says do not take more than XXX doses in a 24 hour period that means dont take ******* more than that or you can potentially **** your body up. I just get pissed because people will sometimes see me taking a certain "supplement" and be like "oh thats bad for you or unhealthy" or "you shouldnt take that" and look at me like I have 8 heads. I know what im doing, I regularly go to my doctor and inform him of everything I take, so **** off. Sorry rant off.
Old 01-12-2006, 11:14 AM
TECH Junkie

If any of you guys are ever looking for a nutritionist, my guy is good, he diets body builders and models, He also does about 2 shows a year...Very intelligent guy, he used to own his own nutrition store and hes hoping to get that back up with time. Used to be called "Don't Believe the Hype Fitness" in Somerset, MA
Old 01-12-2006, 12:03 PM
TECH Addict

Yea i remeber seeing that place, never got a chance to go in but its nice to know that there are legit nutrionists starting up their own stores, hopefully he opens another one. Id go to a place like that over GNC anyday of the week as the GNC's near me are full of guys working there who like tell you what you need when you walk in the store, sooooo annoying. I wish I had the time to work with a guy like your buddy, just working full time in boston and commuting from worcester has pretty much killed all my free time.
Old 01-12-2006, 12:09 PM
TECH Junkie

Yeah he used to diet Pete Mayfredo from Contender until a big sponsor decided they would pay him to be dieted by them, so he gave my friend the boot.
Old 01-12-2006, 01:05 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Krazy98Z28
Yeah he used to diet Pete Mayfredo from Contender until a big sponsor decided they would pay him to be dieted by them, so he gave my friend the boot.
Yea its gotta be real tough in that business because as you said im sure he was being paid to train Mayfredo and then all of a sudden it goes from paying for a nutritionist to getting paid and given all the supplements/training you need so i can see why Mayfredo jetted. Ahhhhhh all this nutrition/lifting talking is killing me. I loved being in college and grad school and being able to work out for a couple hours in the morning then working out again at night, with no responsibilities except a class or so a day.
Old 01-13-2006, 06:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i got no problem with people with take steroids (for starters, they would kick my *** if i said i did haha), i look at it as the sport is being pushed further and further. however, i do have a problem when people who take steroids think people who stay natural are a bunch of bums and dont put in any effort into their diet or at the gym. i dont compete in bb or pl(i did one show when i was 19, but just for fun, and yes i sucked...didnt even total 850 pounds but this was only like 2.5 years into lifting). i work out for my health and because i was picked on when younger when i was like 5'11" tall and 135 soakin wet (look up ectomorph in the dictionary and u'd see my old physique lol) with a jacket and boots on. 4 and a half years later im 6'1"(granted a little bit taller) and im hovering around 200 pounds in the morning and i did it natural. like i said, i have no problem with people who choose to aid with steroids, but am just curious (and i see it alllllll the time, at school and in the gym i go to during summer) why most, not all, who do shoot up always assume that natural guys are bums or have no work ethic or arent competitive???...i understand steroids isnt as easy as shooting up and bloating up, u gotta eat/sleep as much as the natural guy to your right, but why the hate???
Old 01-13-2006, 08:12 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by restoman45
i got no problem with people with take steroids i work out for my health and because i was picked on when younger when i was like 5'11" tall and 135 soakin wet (look up ectomorph in the dictionary and u'd see my old physique lol) with a jacket and boots on.
Thats the exact same reason Purevl started lifting he was a little puke!!

Now where did I put those pictures from High School of Mike..LOL
Old 01-14-2006, 08:08 AM
TECH Senior Member

Rob I hate you

Rob is one of the few people who have known me since teen age years and he did get to see me when i was about 150 5'5 in highschool, he loves to blackmail me

There was a time when old robby boy was pretty jacked and lifting hard...but i think his car took all his money and time years ago
Old 01-14-2006, 09:30 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Too bad you guy's aren't natural beefcakes like me
Old 01-17-2006, 10:21 AM
TECH Resident

Nothing wrong with that soft and round teddy bear look Don!

Although I've never used any 'supplements', I've never really heard negative things about the guys who stay natural.

What does **** me off though is that just about everyone assumes that if you lift and are pretty muscular that you ARE using 'supplements'. I can't tell you how many times people have either insinuated, assumed, or suggested that I'm using gear. Part of me is flattered that they think I have to be hitting the juice, but I also feel completely discredited for the amount of time and work I've put in over the years... It's like a kick in the nuts. I'm not really concerned what others think regarding my appearance, but it gets under my skin when people jest that the only reason I'm a bigger guy is because I stick a needle in my *** or pop some pills. I have to admit, it does bother me when I see some 20 y/o kid benching 400 lbs when I know it took me many, many, years of hard work to get to that point... but at the end of the day I know he couldn't come close to doing it without a lot of 'help'. The sad thing is that everyone seems to throw 'us' into the same 'user' category, which as I stated, totally discredits the natural guy. One of these days I might go over to the dark side since I've pretty much hit a wall that I can't seem to brake through, but the one thing that keeps me from not doing so is the fact that "they" would then always be right.

PE,
Send me a PM with what BB forum you're a mod on, I'd like to check it out.
Old 01-17-2006, 12:02 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Wet 1

Although I've never used any 'supplements', I've never really heard negative things about the guys who stay natural.

What does **** me off though is that just about everyone assumes that if you lift and are pretty muscular that you ARE using 'supplements'. I can't tell you how many times people have either insinuated, assumed, or suggested that I'm using gear. Part of me is flattered that they think I have to be hitting the juice, but I also feel completely discredited for the amount of time and work I've put in over the years... It's like a kick in the nuts. I'm not really concerned what others think regarding my appearance, but it gets under my skin when people jest that the only reason I'm a bigger guy is because I stick a needle in my *** or pop some pills. I have to admit, it does bother me when I see some 20 y/o kid benching 400 lbs when I know it took me many, many, years of hard work to get to that point... but at the end of the day I know he couldn't come close to doing it without a lot of 'help'. The sad thing is that everyone seems to throw 'us' into the same 'user' category, which as I stated, totally discredits the natural guy. One of these days I might go over to the dark side since I've pretty much hit a wall that I can't seem to brake through, but the one thing that keeps me from not doing so is the fact that "they" would then always be right.

PE,

Hey man I hear ya. Honestly though unless you need to have that size its not really worth it. I never actually used any injectable steriods but i tried a couple of the pro-hormones (when they were legal) and personally they work somewhat but arent worth the money, and now they are banned so its a moot point. I know what you mean though, like i gained maybe 12-15 more pounds but thats on my frame, which is pretty big to being with (6'8 250 pounds), and now that im not using anything except protein shakes and like glutamine and other stuff like that people still assume that since im a fairly big guy i must be on the juice. I dont care though, let people think what they want to think, as long as you know your busting your *** then its all good. People though have the retared notion ingraned into their brains that steroids = huge muscles with no work...its so far from the truth its not even funny. Honestly though if your really thinking of juicing before you jump into it research all you can and talk to your doctor and let him know what your putting into your body because juicing can be done while still maintaining your health, but its best for your doctor to know so he can let you know if you have any negative side effects health wise.
Old 01-17-2006, 03:47 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Wet 1

PE,

well for what it's worth there are people that can bench 400 pounds not on gear. I did it at 22 about a month ago, 405 for reps and clean, but it also took six years of serious training to get there, and totally changing how i lifted and ate to get higher weights so please don't hate on all us young guys

on a side note....any one see MTV true life I'm on steroids? ( i don't usually watch that crap, but i had to see what that show was all about) I hated all three of those guys