Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Paging PurEvl

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2006, 04:43 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I start out light.. mostly Stella D'Oro and Famous Amos, then I move right into the Cheesecake and Entemanns Chocolate Covered Donuts. When I get to the desired puffiness, I hit the Pork Chops, Pasta and Meatballs.

When I can no longer see my ****, then I know that my hard work has paid off.

Old 01-17-2006, 04:56 PM
TECH Resident

lol Mr. B that's great
Old 01-17-2006, 08:00 PM
TECH Senior Member

for the record guys, i was benching 455 at 198 when i was 20 natural. I have done it both ways, but where i compete this is what it takes. There is no natural in the NPC, everyone is on even playing field. I hold 240 without any drugs, been there an done it. But come show time, its a different look. Naturals tend to lose alot of size an never get ultra shredded. My 2 cents, if you dont compete you have no reason to take them. Why take possible years off your life. We make choices, some of us like to swim across the lake...not walk around it, its dangerous at times but its quicker an alot more fun
Old 01-17-2006, 08:12 PM
TECH Junkie

lost 10lbs as of friday night, 20lbs more to go
Old 01-18-2006, 10:53 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mr. B
I start out light.. mostly Stella D'Oro and Famous Amos, then I move right into the Cheesecake and Entemanns Chocolate Covered Donuts. When I get to the desired puffiness, I hit the Pork Chops, Pasta and Meatballs.

When I can no longer see my ****, then I know that my hard work has paid off.

Hahaha thats one of the funniest things i read in a while, at first I was like "Stella D'Oro, what kinda supplement is that??" then i read the rest and almost pissed my pants at my desk, great stuff MR. B!
Old 01-18-2006, 11:00 AM
TECH Addict

As for the MTV True Life thing I saw it and it was pretty good except for the fact that 2 of the guys were absolute power tools, and the thrid was so flamingly gay that he was lifting so he could strip at a gay club, wow MTV you suck at life!
Old 01-18-2006, 11:02 AM
TECH Resident

ynkssws6,
I know there are many young guys who can bench over 400 lbs naturally... and I don't hate any of them or any young guys for that matter. BUT, I personally have never seen any natural 20 y/o guy do 400+ w/o doing one of the following: 1) bouncing the weight 2) doing the classic "1/2 rep" 3) wearing a 'shirt' 4) juicing at some point 5) being 210+ lbs. I am in no way saying it can't be done, because I know it can be done, but I've never seen it. Regardless, anyone moving over 350 lbs w/o ever hitting the special sauce is pretty damn impressive in my opinion... if you think about it, it's a fairly small percentage of the population that can do that. I tip my hat to anyone under 20 y/o, natural, and weighs <200 lbs, that can move over 315 lbs.

Regarding the MTV show, what more would you expect from MTV? I guess it's a good thing they didn't glamorize usage, I could just see the thousands of 15 y/o kids (with their pants down below their ***) running out to buy gear...

PE,
"i was benching 455 at 198 when i was 20 natural." - If indeed you were doing this at 20 y/o w/o ever doing any drugs at that point (or before), and met the other criteria I list above, that is Fing incredible!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Very impressive to say the least if so! Anyone who can naturally and cleanly press over twice there body weight deserves big props IMO.

Krazy... nice work!
Old 01-18-2006, 11:04 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Wet 1
ynkssws6,
I know there are many young guys who can bench over 400 lbs naturally... and I don't hate any of them or any young guys for that matter. BUT, I personally have never seen any natural 20 y/o guy do 400+ w/o doing one of the following: 1) bouncing the weight 2) doing the classic "1/2 rep" 3) wearing a 'shirt' 4) juicing at some point 5) being 210+ lbs. I am in no way saying it can't be done, because I know it can be done, but I've never seen it. Regardless, anyone moving over 350 lbs w/o ever hitting the special sauce is pretty damn impressive in my opinion... if you think about it, it's a fairly small percentage of the population that can do that. I tip my hat to anyone under 20 y/o, natural, and weighs <200 lbs, that can move over 315 lbs.

Regarding the MTV show, what more would you expect from MTV? I guess it's a good thing they didn't glamorize usage, I could just see the thousands of 15 y/o kids (with their pants down below their ***) running out to buy gear...

PE,
"i was benching 455 at 198 when i was 20 natural." - If indeed you were doing this at 20 y/o w/o ever doing any drugs at that point (or before), and met the other criteria I list above, that is Fing incredible!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Very impressive to say the least if so! Anyone who can naturally and cleanly press over twice there body weight deserves big props IMO.

Krazy... nice work!
well to be fair i was dieted down for a show and a few weeks out...i came down from 230 so I kinda embellished. I weighed 198 for about 2 weeks But hey i still did it. I actually have been told many a time i should powerlift...i have dead 605 an squatted 705 for 3 all under 230. I have never used anything other then a belt and some straps. But believe it or not, I have a few people at my gym stronger then me and one of them is life time natural
Old 01-18-2006, 01:21 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by PurEvl
well to be fair i was dieted down for a show and a few weeks out...i came down from 230 so I kinda embellished. I weighed 198 for about 2 weeks But hey i still did it. I actually have been told many a time i should powerlift...i have dead 605 an squatted 705 for 3 all under 230. I have never used anything other then a belt and some straps. But believe it or not, I have a few people at my gym stronger then me and one of them is life time natural
Thats sick man, wish i could do that much weight on a regular basis as my max bench is about 330 pounds right now. Just out of curiosity is it easier to bench if you shorter? I dunno what it is but like im 6'8 and have long arms and I do multiple should/back/tricep workouts as I know all the supporting muscles help to increase your bench max, but still I would like to hit that magical 400 pound max which I havent been able to hit, especially now that I dont take anything except vitamins and protein shakes. Someone told me that it is harder to bench heavier weights when your taller and have longer arms, but I dunno if thats just complete bullshit or not? Sorry for the stupid question, just alwasy wondered about that though?
Old 01-18-2006, 01:47 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Wet 1
ynkssws6,

PE,

Krazy... nice work!

Wet 1, if you wanna see it done, i have a picture hahaha I was pretty damn psyched about it so i had a friend take it for me while i did it, cause my friends at home would never believe it otherwise. Too bad the pics arent that great because you can't really tell how low i took it because the camera was too slow. The guys at home just aren't into that type of sport. And i agree with you 100% on your comments...kids that do what you listed **** me off, and i simply do not fit in the above categories. AND FWIW, i had never juiced before doing that kinda weight...although everyone joked that i did, which i took as a compliment. I weighed around 187-190 lbs when i did it...my weight goes up and down like a yo-yo. Also, please don't think that i got offended by your comment or took it personally or anything like that, that would just be stupid and immature. I wish I could have matched what PE did, that's just crazy weight right there. MTV....what a joke....nough said. And i believe i was reading a post from bronco that said only 3% of the worlds population can bench over 300 lbs, that's crazy when you think about it.

PE, you going to the Arnold classic in march? I was thinking about going for my first time, i hear the expo is like a freak show that smells really bad
Old 01-18-2006, 03:21 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by 98Z28MASS
Thats sick man, wish i could do that much weight on a regular basis as my max bench is about 330 pounds right now. Just out of curiosity is it easier to bench if you shorter? I dunno what it is but like im 6'8 and have long arms and I do multiple should/back/tricep workouts as I know all the supporting muscles help to increase your bench max, but still I would like to hit that magical 400 pound max which I havent been able to hit, especially now that I dont take anything except vitamins and protein shakes. Someone told me that it is harder to bench heavier weights when your taller and have longer arms, but I dunno if thats just complete bullshit or not? Sorry for the stupid question, just alwasy wondered about that though?
longer arms=longer range of movement, longer ligiments, etc etc. Its harder for sure
Old 01-18-2006, 03:22 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by ynkssws6
Wet 1, if you wanna see it done, i have a picture hahaha I was pretty damn psyched about it so i had a friend take it for me while i did it, cause my friends at home would never believe it otherwise. Too bad the pics arent that great because you can't really tell how low i took it because the camera was too slow. The guys at home just aren't into that type of sport. And i agree with you 100% on your comments...kids that do what you listed **** me off, and i simply do not fit in the above categories. AND FWIW, i had never juiced before doing that kinda weight...although everyone joked that i did, which i took as a compliment. I weighed around 187-190 lbs when i did it...my weight goes up and down like a yo-yo. Also, please don't think that i got offended by your comment or took it personally or anything like that, that would just be stupid and immature. I wish I could have matched what PE did, that's just crazy weight right there. MTV....what a joke....nough said. And i believe i was reading a post from bronco that said only 3% of the worlds population can bench over 300 lbs, that's crazy when you think about it.

PE, you going to the Arnold classic in march? I was thinking about going for my first time, i hear the expo is like a freak show that smells really bad
No I havent worked in the weider booth with lou in two years, havent been in the scene much since i had my little girl. Plus im usually getting ready and 6 weeks out when the arnold comes around.
Old 01-18-2006, 03:38 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by PurEvl
longer arms=longer range of movement, longer ligiments, etc etc. Its harder for sure
Yea thats what I was thinking, the whole longer range of movement, because before i really started lifting for size and not getting just cut (aka massive amounts of reps) I would be benching around 240 pounds, which some of our point gaurds who lifted regularly could do and someone said that its somewhat harder with long arms but never really though of it that way. Thanks for clearing that up for me as ive been wondering for a while about that.
Old 01-19-2006, 07:28 AM
TECH Fanatic

98Z28MASS

Be lucky you've got some muscle to start with... I'm 6'3" and skinny (except for the belly - gf stress and laziness ) 200 lbs now, my optimal weight without the gut is 180... It will take me years to get to my desired 225, fit and lean, and natural (and keep it) ... and my coordination sux ... I'd say your lightyears ahead of me Keep up the good work
Old 01-19-2006, 10:53 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Rhode Island Red
98Z28MASS

Be lucky you've got some muscle to start with... I'm 6'3" and skinny (except for the belly - gf stress and laziness ) 200 lbs now, my optimal weight without the gut is 180... It will take me years to get to my desired 225, fit and lean, and natural (and keep it) ... and my coordination sux ... I'd say your lightyears ahead of me Keep up the good work
Hey man, thanks I appreciate that. Its just tough though, been lifting for 6 years now and really want to stay natural and hit 400 pounds benching. Not trying to complain at all, just seem to be hitting a wall but I appreciate the encouragement! Also yea I knwo what you mean about the whole GF stress and everything. Im 24 now and I had a gf that stressed me out so much that I was like 310 pounds when I was 19 in college, some muscle but mostly fat, thank god I ditched her. All her nagging drove me insane and the only thing that would make me feel better was to eat, which wasnt good health wise haha. Also I def see 225 attainable with the right program and nutrition and supplements (no juice). The best thing ive seen for packing on muscle weight has been cell-tech creatine. Im a big guy to start with, def not natuarlly a skinny guy, but a few of my friends who have a very lean build used it for a while and they put on about 10-15 pounds of mostly lean muscle mass in 6 months, which is pretty damn good considering that the stuff is completely legal. Good luck though to you too on your fitness goals and even though your busy and stressed out just force yourself to go to the gym, its such an easy way to lclear your mind for an hour or so and you will feel a million times better when your done!
Old 01-19-2006, 10:54 AM
TECH Addict

BTW family guy = greatest show ever!
Old 01-20-2006, 01:39 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 98Z28MASS
BTW family guy = greatest show ever!
HELL YEAH! and cell tech sucks....sooooooo much sugar it burns the throat when you drink it, IMO, everything muscletech makes is crap, over priced, over marketed crap. There are a lot cheaper alternatives out there.
Old 01-20-2006, 12:49 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by ynkssws6
HELL YEAH! and cell tech sucks....sooooooo much sugar it burns the throat when you drink it, IMO, everything muscletech makes is crap, over priced, over marketed crap. There are a lot cheaper alternatives out there.
Really? You dont like celltech? I havent personally used it but my buddies LOVE the stuff. Too expensive for me though, Id just get a massive container of creatine monohydrate from gnc and mix it in with my protein shakes twice a day. Is it really that bad though? Also yea family guy is so rediculous, i have tivo'ed every new episode and when im bored i just watch them over and over again, they never get old!
Old 01-21-2006, 12:52 AM
TECH Resident

you ever play the family guy drinking game? Wow you get wasted fast and watch family guy at the same time, it's a tough combo to beat.

I hate cell-tech so much i have a container sitting in my closet that I will never ever finish. stick with regular creatine, save your money. It was so bad i had to pinch my nose to drink it....never again.
Old 01-23-2006, 01:09 PM
TECH Resident

Don't waste your $ on cell-tech, it's no better than the cheap stuff.