Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Connecticut People In Now!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2006, 06:23 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Stratford....soon to be wallingford. Hey DD966 where in stratford do you live? If anyone here is looking to move to stratford, I have a great house for sale. 4 car garage/workshop, trailer/motorhome parking, etc. Perfect house for people with toys and trailers!
Old 01-30-2006, 11:24 AM
Race your car!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

House sounds good.. think we can relocate the whole plot to new britain LOL.
Old 01-30-2006, 02:43 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Debby SS496
Stratford....soon to be wallingford. Hey DD966 where in stratford do you live? If anyone here is looking to move to stratford, I have a great house for sale. 4 car garage/workshop, trailer/motorhome parking, etc. Perfect house for people with toys and trailers!

Debby where in stratford????
i live in milford, what kinda $$$ are you looking to get for the house???
Old 01-31-2006, 02:39 PM
Teching In

Chef....Right accross from Longbrook Park. Come on over and check it out if your interested. Price is very reasonable! Do you have my # at the shop? If not, call Ken for it. House is move in condition. 3 bedroom ranch, like I said, 4 car finished garage/workshop with motorhome/trailer parking on the side. In ground sprinkler system, fireplace, hardwood floors, all new windows, fresh paint in and out, etc, etc....
I wish I could just move it up here!
Old 01-31-2006, 02:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Debby SS496
Stratford....soon to be wallingford. Hey DD966 where in stratford do you live?
I live on Cooks pond, at the end of Cutspring rd. off of main street. It's too bad that we've put so much money in this house, I'd like to move to a place where I can store my boat. Your place sounds perfect. See you around town? I drive mine in good weather only, which we've had plenty of lately. My liscence plate is DD966. I always wave to the other f-bodys I see driving around town. Maybe I've waved at you in the past.

Jim
Old 01-31-2006, 03:31 PM
TECH Resident

I dont know ages here but that's Bunnell territory right? I might know some people lol.
Old 02-01-2006, 12:47 AM
On The Tree

West Haven
Old 02-01-2006, 11:15 AM
Race your car!

I need to find a job along the shore somewhere.. so I can buy Debbie's house LOL! Anyone hiring electronic technicians down that way?
Old 02-01-2006, 04:45 PM

JL im gonna take a ride over to Debbys house to check it out, might have to move
Old 02-01-2006, 07:58 PM
Teching In

Hey guys.....maybe I should have a special 'open house' just for LS1Tech members this weekend! Oh and did I mention that the neighbors are all 'broken in' for test launches, burnouts, etc, etc..... Actually everyone on the street is into motorsports of some sort, harleys, boats, classic cars...
Now moving, I'm gonna have to break in a whole new set of people....geez!
Old 02-02-2006, 05:12 AM
Race your car!

That's it.. what you asking LOL. I'll buy it, on the contingency that I can sell my house, and I can find a job down that way that pays at least 45K a year.... anyone have the local classifieds?

Chef, lemme know how it looks!
Old 02-02-2006, 07:15 AM
CT Hotness

Originally Posted by JL ws-6
That's it.. what you asking LOL. I'll buy it, on the contingency that I can sell my house, and I can find a job down that way that pays at least 45K a year.... anyone have the local classifieds?

Chef, lemme know how it looks!
didn't you just move? lol
Old 02-02-2006, 09:51 AM
Race your car!

Yup.. but if the price is right... I'd be better off buying a house with garage space I won't even be able to fill then building one where I am. I'm either residing the house I'm in, putting new windows on, new fron tand back screen door, extending my driveway and building a 2 car garage, or selling and putting hte equity into a house that is already done.

Someday, when you go to buy a home, you'll understand, you buy what you can afford, fix it up so you can resell it in a year or 2 for 40 grand or more then what you paid, take equity, put into next house.. and keep doing this until you end up where you are. I anticipate that I'll move at least 3 times in the next 10 years.
Old 02-02-2006, 10:01 AM
11 Second Club

Yup.. but if the price is right... I'd be better off buying a house with garage space I won't even be able to fill then building one where I am. I'm either residing the house I'm in, putting new windows on, new fron tand back screen door, extending my driveway and building a 2 car garage, or selling and putting hte equity into a house that is already done.

Someday, when you go to buy a home, you'll understand, you buy what you can afford, fix it up so you can resell it in a year or 2 for 40 grand or more then what you paid, take equity, put into next house.. and keep doing this until you end up where you are. I anticipate that I'll move at least 3 times in the next 10 years.
dude u play with urself too much.... so who would be driving the subaru to work and who would be driving the truck to work now....
Old 02-02-2006, 11:12 AM
Race your car!

Dude, who drives 52 miles round trip, who drives 6 miles round trip? Let's see, 14 mpg, vs. 26+ mpg..... easy decision. Wedge my as right in there

Gas I save alone makes 3 car payments alone by my calculations.. and that's figuring the truck running regular, car running premium, and regular staying at 2.50, super at 2.80. As teh prices go up in the summer months.. the savings get better... you'd do the same I'm sure.
Old 02-02-2006, 11:46 AM
CT Hotness

yes I do understand perfectly, my parents are in the process of the doing the same. Although, when I buy a house, I plan to have a full time job for a few years first and live in my ghetto apartment in Waterbury. Then I plan to transfer job positions to a branch somewhere down south while making the same money and where property is cheaper and racing is all year long . At least that's the plan as of now.
Old 02-02-2006, 12:01 PM
Race your car!

I hear ya on the south move..I'd like to do the same eventually.. not so much for the year long racing, more for a change of scenery. Just as long as there's still a frost every now and then to kill off alot of the bug population LOL.

the house we bought was my wife's grandfather's house. He passed away about 6 months before we bought the house, it wasn't in the greatest shape, but the price was really good. We did alot of work inside the house, and are planning on doing siding, windows, upping the elec. service, new front door, new screen door, new deck, extending the driveway back and putting up a 2 car garage this spring, if the $ situation is right. What I don't want to do is have to borrow so much so that we end up oweing more then it is worth. I think if we sold it today, I think we would make about 35 to 40 grand off it. If I do the garage and siding and everything, and can still sell it for what I have tied up in it, or more, then I think we will stay and do the stuff to the house we are in. If not.. then we are gonna start looking again, cash the 30 to 40 out of this house and put it down on another, fix it up, hopefully make 45 to 55 off that one, and so on and so forth.. do it enough times and you will end up in a 400K house, and have a 100K mortgage... which is what I'd personally like to do.

Even if we do stay where we are for now, I think after doing everythign to the house I want to do ( probably take a coupl ewaves of improvments, above being the first, 2nd being a dormer on the back of the house (it's a cape) and extend the dormer to go on top of the dining room which was an addition in the late 80'6, and make a large master bedroom with a walk in closet and 2nd bathroom there. After that.. there's not too much else left to do, and I'll be out of land to do anything with after the garage goes up anyway LOL. Maybe a inlaw apartment to rent out on tp of the garage.. I'd just feel sorry for anyone that lives there.. as the noise the transam, and the 2nd project/allout race car would make, surely would rattle them out of bed at night... on a regular basis in the summer months LOL.
Old 02-02-2006, 03:36 PM
Tech Resident

OMG... Tech has turned into a DIY-Home Improvement website!

Jk...
Old 02-02-2006, 03:53 PM
Race your car!

Sorry, my bad LOL
Old 02-02-2006, 04:10 PM
On The Tree

Danbury

Quick Reply: Connecticut People In Now!!