Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV
View Poll Results: what setup to go with...
stock 346 with 66k miles h/c/i plus 100 shot
21.74%
forged 383 h/c/i plus nitrous
26.09%
forged LS2 h/c/i and the laughing gas again :
52.17%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

oh the possibilities.....

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2006, 10:28 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default oh the possibilities.....

all options will receive a top of the line built 4l60,12 bolt with 3.73s and associated parts. trying to make some growing room for the car when a few years down the road if it becomes a drag car. right now it will be a street/strip car with good street manners. ill have the money when i come hom from germany so better to take the initial hit now than the huge hit later
Old 01-25-2006, 11:30 PM
9 Second Club

You know my opinion... go with a built 402.... If your going to spend the money... by the time your done the 402 won't be that much more and it would be money well spent! But any of those setups will get the job done...
Old 01-25-2006, 11:40 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Nautilus
You know my opinion... go with a built 402.... If your going to spend the money... by the time your done the 402 won't be that much more and it would be money well spent! But any of those setups will get the job done...
ya i know i am definately leaning to the 402 just for the long run. more money now mean less money later. i mean i have over a year to decide, plus they might come out with something bigger and better before i start ordering parts. just remember i WILL be back sometime late this summer/early fall and am going for broke, literally. ill have my trailer so i dont care just as long as a few friends help me push it in the trailer. go all out or go home

shut up its late and i lack the patience... (for the deleted thread)
Old 01-25-2006, 11:51 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by Humvee z28
ya i know i am definately leaning to the 402 just for the long run. more money now mean less money later. i mean i have over a year to decide, plus they might come out with something bigger and better before i start ordering parts. just remember i WILL be back sometime late this summer/early fall and am going for broke, literally. ill have my trailer so i dont care just as long as a few friends help me push it in the trailer. go all out or go home

shut up its late and i lack the patience... (for the deleted thread)

Haha... 250 shot I'll be there to help you load it back up...
Old 01-26-2006, 05:08 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I'd wait.Before long they will be ussing the new Z06 block for cheaper 427ci builds.
Old 01-26-2006, 06:59 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Slowhawk
I'd wait.Before long they will be ussing the new Z06 block for cheaper 427ci builds.
very true like i said it wont start getting made til around april of 2007. just testing the waters...

LOL tim i have a perfectly running ls1, why the hell would i want to destroy it when i can turn around and sell it ill pawn it off on Jon that way he doesnt have to put that garbage TPI setup in his 81 belinetta.
Old 01-26-2006, 09:05 AM
10 Second Club

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

hey humvee, initially you mentioned a built 4l60e, just wondering if you had any particular ones in mind yet? as i'll be in the market soon. Don't really want to go the th400, i put to many miles on the car to not have o/d. I've been reading some guys are putting manual valve bodies in the 4l60e's now
Old 01-26-2006, 11:33 AM
Race your car!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

That's my plan.. by the time I get my chassis/susension all set and leaving right off the transbrake.. which may or may not happen this summer, I'll still have to do the cage and all the LW suspension stuff.. which will probably take anohter year at the rate I'm going, there will be plenty of motor options out and tested by then. Should work out pretty good in that sense... just wish all the other crap in life would stop getting in teh way of my ar project LOL.

Humvee... you know my opinion... when in doubt... throw cubic inches at it. By the time you get back, there will be lots of new stuff out. I'd plan on doing everything possible first OTHER then the motor, do that last, teh other stuff won't change so much that you will wsh you had done it the other way around. Just jack more juice in that stock motor until it pops.. I'll help push it back... as long as you help push mine back when I do the same thing!
Old 01-26-2006, 12:28 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by nikon1999
hey humvee, initially you mentioned a built 4l60e, just wondering if you had any particular ones in mind yet? as i'll be in the market soon. Don't really want to go the th400, i put to many miles on the car to not have o/d. I've been reading some guys are putting manual valve bodies in the 4l60e's now
I'm hearing a lot of good things about Rock On. I was initially leaning towards FLP or Rossler, But now I might give Rock On a shot when the time comes.

I want to keep my 4l60E too.
Old 01-26-2006, 12:38 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by DannoWS6
I'm hearing a lot of good things about Rock On. I was initially leaning towards FLP or Rossler, But now I might give Rock On a shot when the time comes.

I want to keep my 4l60E too.
You don't need FLP or Rosler.I have a local guy that builds them just as strong and cheaper.
Old 01-26-2006, 01:02 PM
8 second mod

sra, buddy is damn good
Old 01-26-2006, 05:15 PM
11 Second Club

im like u man i gotta have my 4th gear, and overdrive. when the car is track only it will get a th400 or a powerglide, but being a street car its keeping a 4 speed/od tranny 4l80 and 200r4 are WAY too much damn money. the others stated the obvious tranny shops im leaning to rock on, but i have heard they are better and cheaper shops around. plus i dont have to ship the damn thing back south when somethin warrantty able comes up.

JL, ya i know u cant go wrong with more cubes its just i dont want to have to build the stock 346 and than step up the cubes and see what happens when i use the cam/heads/intake from the 346 because i will lose a lot of potential from the larger cube motor. but of course i ain got nutin' but time

Last edited by Humvee z28; 01-26-2006 at 05:40 PM.
Old 01-26-2006, 06:01 PM

LS2 402. But I'm with Don, Wait and see what's out there when you are ready to do it. That LS7 would be awesone. 427
Old 01-26-2006, 11:06 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by davered00ss
LS2 402. But I'm with Don, Wait and see what's out there when you are ready to do it. That LS7 would be awesone. 427
ya it would be cool to say i have a LS7 time will tell and the cash will be in hand
Old 01-27-2006, 08:39 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

Thats what I've been dreaming of. But by then I'll be married, might have a kid along the way. The missus may force me to get by with 346 cubes for awhile.
Old 01-27-2006, 08:54 AM
Race your car!

Originally Posted by NHRATA01
Thats what I've been dreaming of. But by then I'll be married, might have a kid along the way. The missus may force me to get by with 346 cubes for awhile.

I hear that LOL. Personally I'm at the point where I'm either stuffing the TH400 I have in my basement in my car in a month or 2.. or I'm gonna just buy a nitrous kit and stuff that on my car the way it sits and add the needed fuel stuff, leave the stick in it and be done with it.... just do a few little things, like brakes, the shocks, some new rubber, maybe even find some rims for it that a 315 tire will fit on, and find a second car to butcher senseless for track use only... or continue on teh path I started on 5 years ago... with teh car I have. At least I already have the tranny and rims for that should it be the path I take LOL.

Last edited by JL ws-6; 01-27-2006 at 01:13 PM.
Old 01-27-2006, 10:22 AM
11 Second Club

You don't need FLP or Rosler.I have a local guy that builds them just as strong and cheaper.
Your the man Don, I'll be sure to let you know when the tranny goes
Old 01-27-2006, 11:04 AM
TECH Addict

I say go iron 408 with a lot of spray, probably will be cheaper in the end than the ls2 forged block. JMO.
Old 01-28-2006, 12:23 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by JL ws-6
I hear that LOL. Personally I'm at the point where I'm either stuffing the TH400 I have in my basement in my car in a month or 2.. or I'm gonna just buy a nitrous kit and stuff that on my car the way it sits and add the needed fuel stuff, leave the stick in it and be done with it.... just do a few little things, like brakes, the shocks, some new rubber, maybe even find some rims for it that a 315 tire will fit on, and find a second car to butcher senseless for track use only... or continue on teh path I started on 5 years ago... with teh car I have. At least I already have the tranny and rims for that should it be the path I take LOL.
point and case do that stuff to the ws6 and make it a sick street car. buy that camaro and make it ur drag car. dont ruin a beauitful low mileage 01 ws6, remember they only made 12k of them. i figure ull have a real nice consistent low 10 second car with a total of 20grand invested. and then ull have the car to have fun with on the street, meaning ur T/A. dont forget if u F*%k that T/A up when i get home ill kick ur *** redneck style u know what i mean
Old 01-28-2006, 07:50 AM
Race your car!

Thoughts are there. I'm still thinking about it, there's a couple parts I can get that I would have changed wether teh tranny goes in or not, I'm gonna get those and give myself soem more time. If keeping it a street car is what I decide to do... then I'm taking a page out of your book... strait putting it on the bottle so it will run 10's when I want it to LOL, probably 11's on the street tires how it will be all the time anyway. I figure with a mild nitrous setup like what you are running, maybe a step up to a wet kit, and 550, maybe a little more at the tires would be easy enough to get to. and then get some street rims for it so I can run some 315's out back and a couple small things, new rotors, stuff like that, then I'll have it repainted like I wanted.. and it will give me plenty of time to look for a hardtop V6 car witha good body to start the chopping process on. Dunno.. all depends on a few things, one being wether I'm putting a garage up here at my house, or going somewhere else right off, etc. etc.

Having 2 cars means I have to go at least 24 x 24 on the garage..... making that whole project tie up alot more $, once again slowing the car process.... again

Maybe I should start a poll... toss juice, nice street rims and some wild paint on my 19K mile mint ws-6 and get a V6 car to gut into a race car... or gut what I have and turn it into a race car