Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Getting cheaper rates for a hotel???

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2006, 09:28 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Getting cheaper rates for a hotel???

Hey guys we are planning on taking a family vacation this summer to Ocean City MD and the Hotel we wanna stay at is pricey. I was wondering if anyone one new a good site that you can get cheaper rates on the hotels. The hotel we want is the Holiday Inn Hotel and Suites. Any help would be great
Old 02-18-2006, 10:33 AM
TECH Fanatic

www.priceline.com
www.expedia.com
Old 02-18-2006, 12:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Just tried those 2 and got the same rate on one and the other had nothng.
Old 02-19-2006, 12:23 PM
On The Tree

www.travelzoo.com

Make sure you sign up for thier weekly top 20.

They (and people like you and me) basically surf all arilines, hotels, expedia type places, travel agents, etc. and post the best deals on the web daily.

It's awesome.
Old 02-19-2006, 08:12 PM
Teching In

OC MD is pricey regardless. Anything that might be inexpensive is down right nasty. My wife and i tried going the cheap route...we changed that in hurry.
Old 02-19-2006, 09:10 PM
Teching In

It may be cheaper to stay in the surrounding areas (Bethany, Rehobeth, Fenwick Island) which are a 10-20 minute drive to Ocean City maybe even closer....I live in lower Delaware so i visit these places pretty frequently but dont stay in hotels.
Old 02-20-2006, 05:03 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by sebss
OC MD is pricey regardless. Anything that might be inexpensive is down right nasty. My wife and i tried going the cheap route...we changed that in hurry.
Yeah I heard of bad stories of people going the cheap route. We go there almost every summer but the place we wanna stay at this year is more then we ever paid, its a nice place right on the boardwalk and the main thing we like about this Hotel is it has a kids pool with all kinds of stuff. I have a 4 and 2 year old and I know they would have a blast in the pool.

The things we will do for our kids!
Old 02-20-2006, 06:24 AM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Hey HellRaiser, where in Bucks county are you? I'm in Doylestown, Buckingham to be specific off of 413 and long lane.

It's been a while since I hung out with F-body guys.... just curious where you're at.

Back to subject at hand, we stayed at a hotel that was at the northern end of the boardwalk last year but can't remember the name. It was I think 10 floors and every room had a balcony. It was pretty expensive though, over $200 a night, but it was clean and pretty nice. I saw some of the less expensive hotels and would not consider them unless it was in my drunken college years for spring break.

Let me know how you make out. I think this year we're gonna spend a week in Cape May instead. My parents live 2 miles from the beach.
Old 02-20-2006, 09:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by The Alchemist
Hey HellRaiser, where in Bucks county are you? I'm in Doylestown, Buckingham to be specific off of 413 and long lane.

It's been a while since I hung out with F-body guys.... just curious where you're at.

Back to subject at hand, we stayed at a hotel that was at the northern end of the boardwalk last year but can't remember the name. It was I think 10 floors and every room had a balcony. It was pretty expensive though, over $200 a night, but it was clean and pretty nice. I saw some of the less expensive hotels and would not consider them unless it was in my drunken college years for spring break.

Let me know how you make out. I think this year we're gonna spend a week in Cape May instead. My parents live 2 miles from the beach.
I live in Telford not to far from ya.

We ended up going with the first week in September and it will save us $700. The only reason we are going with this place is because they have a killer setup for the kids otherwise we would stay at the Castle in the sand. Thats where we stayed the last 3 years and its great there we just want something a little different this time.
Old 03-13-2006, 03:56 PM
TECH Resident

surfside 8.. 8th street.. 1800-546-7873.. two beds, kitchen.. etc, it does the job and for the best price ive found
Old 03-13-2006, 10:17 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if you have an NRA membership, you can get a discount at a lot of hotels and car rental companies.
Old 03-13-2006, 10:49 PM
TECH Apprentice

use that orbitz site advertised on tv all the time....see how they compare

Quick Reply: Getting cheaper rates for a hotel???