Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

!!!CARTEK Heads/Cam Shakedown runs!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2006, 02:50 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by WS6TransAm01
When was the last time you drove it on the street? How many miles does it have on it? Im running 10.5's on motor and I drive to and from the track, you run 11's on motor and have an inclosed trailor to take your car to and from the track.
Yeah... real street car my ***!
Well, in all fairness dude his car also still has FULL interior, A/C, streetworthy 3.73s, 26" radials, mufflered cat back (though still quite loud LOL) and it's trailered STRICTLY because he just happens to own a trailer and tow vehicle for other purposes anyway....who wouldn't use what they already have (saving the hassle of having to call a tow truck in the event of a breakage) if they could? It can easily be driven to/from the track.
The bottle thing is another story, I prefer NA as well but if you're going to point fingers at the bottle (small 100 shot, which also adds weight ) then he's got to point fingers at the more racecar like weight reduction/gearing/tires as well.

Old 03-14-2006, 03:22 PM
10 second playa

When was the last time you drove it ont he street? How many miles does it have on it? Im running 10.5's on motor and I drive to and from the track, you run 11's on motor and have an inclosed trailor to take your car to and from the track.

Yeah... real street car my ***!
Just because I don't drive it on the street regularly, does not mean it is not a total street car. I take it to and from the track in an ENCLOSED trailer, because I CAN! You don't trailer, because you can't.

By the way, Mr. big 10.5 second Trans Am, I have gone 10.6 on a crappy 1.54 60' with worn out BFG drag radials and full size OEM fronts, and I still out MPH'ed you on a warm day.
So don't make like my car is slow and not making enough power to break.

I also bring plenty of crap with me to the track so punks like you have someone to grub off of. I have a generator, floor jack, jack stands, extra fuel, spare nitrous bottles, tools, rags, paper towels, shoe polish, water, food, wheel spacers, battery chargers, spare battery for the car & truck, compressed nitrogen, 2 full sets of wheels and tires, a Top Street Bike (that would crush your car), a pit bike, chairs, etc.. etc.. and a place to hang to get out of the elements. (sun, cold, wind, rain, etc.)

I have even been known to tow "friends" cars, after they have broken.
Then they drove my car home on the STREET from Atco, while I towed their car back up North.

You see, since my car has a FULL interior, with ALL it's seats, seat belts, carpeting, speakers, floor mats, etc. and is not a shell...
I prefer to bring things to the track in my 27' trailer and not in my car. So I don't crap up my flawless FULL interior.

Now for the big part. If my car breaks, which I know is hard to believe, especially with a nitrous car, But if it does break....You know what...
I can tow it home with out begging someone else to tow mile pile back up north. I don't have to call AAA and I don't have to call my tuner to tow me.

Do you know what that is called? It is called being self sufficient and smart.

My car is MUCH more street able than yours. End of story.
You shouldn't have even gone there.
Your Parents and Cartek would even agree with me on that.

BTW, don't take this response wrong way, I still like you punk.
I am just setting the record straight for the Lurkers and keeping you in line.

BTW2 - Run what you brung and leave your excuses at home.
Because I am going to kick the crap out of your street driven RACE CAR with my trailered STREET CAR.
Old 03-14-2006, 03:26 PM
10 second playa

Originally Posted by LS1LT1
Well, in all fairness dude his car also still has FULL interior, A/C, streetworthy 3.73s, 26" radials, mufflered cat back (though still quite loud LOL) and it's trailered STRICTLY because he just happens to own a trailer and tow vehicle for other purposes anyway....who wouldn't use what they already have (saving the hassle of having to call a tow truck in the event of a breakage) if they could? It can easily be driven to/from the track.
The bottle thing is another story, I prefer NA as well but if you're going to point fingers at the bottle (small 100 shot, which also adds weight ) then he's got to point fingers at the more racecar like weight reduction/gearing/tires as well.

LS1LT1 I guess we were typing at the same time.
Thanks for reminding me of my FULL exhaust and Corsa Cat back.
Old 03-14-2006, 03:41 PM
11 Second Club

Old 03-14-2006, 03:57 PM
11 Second Club

holy cow! thats freakin amazing for a stock shortblock 346!

can you PM me your suspension settings? (torque arm angle, front shock settings, spring rate, etc). Im having a hard time hooking up on my 27" QTPs. I average about a 1.65, I did pull a 1.59 once when I had Eibach springs on. The highest Ive launched is ~5300rpm though, do you think I might have better luck launching higher?
Old 03-14-2006, 04:40 PM
CARTEK Racing

Hey Anonymous...

Your 10.6's are on spray over a 3X set up ... you don't count And I honestly don't see how your car is more streetable then my car is? Even if we talk about noise, you'r exhaust is not that quiet. Not having a carpet, or having a light weight race seat, does not make it less streetable...

Keep it up and I'll change you from "Anonymous" to "Identified" :p
Old 03-14-2006, 04:51 PM
CARTEK Racing

Originally Posted by RaNsOm
holy cow! thats freakin amazing for a stock shortblock 346!

can you PM me your suspension settings? (torque arm angle, front shock settings, spring rate, etc). Im having a hard time hooking up on my 27" QTPs. I average about a 1.65, I did pull a 1.59 once when I had Eibach springs on. The highest Ive launched is ~5300rpm though, do you think I might have better luck launching higher?

I have stock WS.6 springs and shocks in the rear, no clue what the rates are there. There is a Suspention Techniques 25mm solid sway bar with poli bushings on the back as well. On the front I have QA1 shocks, not the "R" but the older ones. I am also running a stock WS.6 spring on the front shocks. I usualy set the shocks to 3/12 to start off and see how well the car hooks and how much it bounces. The 1.40' run was done with the shocks at 7/12 [almost as stiff as I run them on the street] The car was lifting to much in the air on the launch ,bouncing to much when I came down, and dipping the nose when I shifted, even when I powershifted. When I stiffened it up it stoped bouncing and stoped dipping on shifts. I kept tightening as the night went a lot and found that 7/12 worked best for that day, but it changes. I have BMR non adjustable LCA's and an adjustable PHB, BMR SFC. My Stealth Torque Arm is set at -2 Degrees.

When I was launching at 5500 I would cut 1.50 and 1.49 60's and I thought the car was spinning, you can even hear the tires break loose on the video. I was encuraged by a friend to launch at 6000 and see what happens. I did and I cut a 1.46 60'. I then went to 6200rpm and got a 1.41 60'. When I went to 6500 on the final run, I got my 1.40 60'. I would try launching higher, all you have to loose is spinning.

I also think that if you have lowering springs it may be hurting you. Its harder to tranfer weight with a stiff spring.

Hope this helps.
Old 03-14-2006, 04:55 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bottom line is YOU ARE ALL in trouble when my **** hits the track!!
Old 03-14-2006, 05:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

I work Wed nights.... But I'll see what I can do.

What are you going to do about your car being 250+ Lbs lighter?
what was left in the car when you raced tuesday night ?? I find it hard to belive that your car was 3300 pounds that night..
Old 03-14-2006, 05:44 PM
10 second playa

Hey Anonymous...

Your 10.6's are on spray over a 3X set up ... you don't count And I honestly don't see how your car is more streetable then my car is? Even if we talk about noise, you'r exhaust is not that quiet. Not having a carpet, or having a light weight race seat, does not make it less streetable...

Keep it up and I'll change you from "Anonymous" to "Identified" :p
You don't see how my car is more streetable than yours ?????

Alex, seriously, you better start eating some more, I think you are hallucinating?

The ONLY and I mean ONLY thing that makes my car less streetable than any showroom stock Camaro would be the 3X cam.
I still have my stock 241 heads. You have ZO6 heads? Everything on your motor is changed?
So, I change my camshaft and then my car is just as radical as yours?
You have a Fast 90/90 set up, I have a stock unported OEM intake AND stock unported TB.
Your cam is twice the size of mine, but yet we are on even keel? Are you nut's?
You have everything done under the sun.
I have a smaller cam and everything else is stock,
yet your car is just as street able than mine? Are you listening to yourself?

I guess the fact that I have NO ROLL BAR, A/C, heat, a radio, four speakers, a FULL interior, reclining front OEM bucket seats, rear seats, 4 seatbelts, carpet,
floormats, ashtray and everthing else doesn't count right?
(PS. I race my car in this configuration too)

So these are what? Your "special" rules of what a street car is?

Your gutted car, w/ 4.56 gears, shaved rearwells to fit 28" tires, ROLL BAR, 5 point harness, 1 seat made of aluminum, aftermarket driveshaft, special Cartek clutch, monster secret grind camshaft and everthing else don't count either right?

Don't forget your Racing exhaust that even a Racetrack won't let you run with.
I have Kooks headers, Y pipe and a Corsa Cat back (OEM style muffler). oooohhhhh that's RRRadical!!!! Yeah it is loud when I am on the gas, but it is STREET LEGAL and E-town legal. Your last exhaust, the "loud mouth", was even less steet able than mine. Nevermind the new set up.

Just stretch your car and it would be a regular limousine!
Old 03-14-2006, 05:49 PM
11 Second Club

WS6TransAm01- thanks for the reply. I have since discarded the Eibach's in favor of stock springs/stock shocks setup. I pull the wheels regularly now (yessss) but still only cutting mid-low 1.6's. I'm getting QA1 shocks on all 4 corners, maybe that will help. I already have a BMR TA set at -2*, and adjustable LCAs with relocation brackets...Im not sure what else to look at.
Old 03-14-2006, 05:52 PM
10 second playa

Originally Posted by Big Mike
Mike you are talking about your Red Camaro right?
Yeah, I guess with that mild turbo cam your car is going to be more street able than mine too?

Maybe you can race it in the Bone Stock class with Alex.

Hey, I heard GM is going to use Alex's car as a "model of streetability" for the new 2008 Camaro. (sell your GM stock now )

Hey Alex, I am taking my family to Florida. Can I borrow your Limo? I mean Trans Am?
Old 03-14-2006, 07:50 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by bspz28
what was left in the car when you raced tuesday night ?? I find it hard to belive that your car was 3300 pounds that night..
I personally think he was probably closer to 3250 - 3270 but still not the lightest car out there.
Old 03-14-2006, 07:51 PM
10 Second Club

Exclamation

Originally Posted by Big Mike
Well, DUH!
Old 03-14-2006, 09:41 PM
CARTEK Racing

Anonymous,

Im not saying that your car is nessesarily a race car, but I dont see how a big cam makes the car less streetable. I did not loose any enjoyment driving it on the street from Feb 01 when I got it bone stock to now. In fact I think the bigger gear and more power only made it easyer to drive.

How is having ZO6 heads over my 241's make it less streetable?
How is having a bigger intake less streetable?
How is having more gear less streetable? I can still go down the highway with factory hight tires at 80 with only 2400RPM.
How is having a harness less streetable then a regular seatbelt? Vipers have harnesses, and so do the F60 F50 and F40 ferrari

The point I originaly was getting at with you was that though my car might be more radical, it is more of a street car then yours because I actualy drive it on the street. Your car might be as or more streetable, but no one would know, you just say it is, but you have never driven it longer then 2 hours. I have actualy driven my car long distance, and I don't notice it being any less comfortable, the rear is louder sure, but that is what the sterio is for. And I still got 25MPG avarage when I went to NC last september.
Old 03-15-2006, 07:35 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Anonymous
You don't see how my car is more streetable than yours ?????

Alex, seriously, you better start eating some more, I think you are hallucinating?

The ONLY and I mean ONLY thing that makes my car less streetable than any showroom stock Camaro would be the 3X cam.
I still have my stock 241 heads. You have ZO6 heads? Everything on your motor is changed?
So, I change my camshaft and then my car is just as radical as yours?
You have a Fast 90/90 set up, I have a stock unported OEM intake AND stock unported TB.
Your cam is twice the size of mine, but yet we are on even keel? Are you nut's?
You have everything done under the sun.
I have a smaller cam and everything else is stock,
yet your car is just as street able than mine? Are you listening to yourself?

I guess the fact that I have NO ROLL BAR, A/C, heat, a radio, four speakers, a FULL interior, reclining front OEM bucket seats, rear seats, 4 seatbelts, carpet,
floormats, ashtray and everthing else doesn't count right?
(PS. I race my car in this configuration too)

So these are what? Your "special" rules of what a street car is?

Your gutted car, w/ 4.56 gears, shaved rearwells to fit 28" tires, ROLL BAR, 5 point harness, 1 seat made of aluminum, aftermarket driveshaft, special Cartek clutch, monster secret grind camshaft and everthing else don't count either right?

Don't forget your Racing exhaust that even a Racetrack won't let you run with.
I have Kooks headers, Y pipe and a Corsa Cat back (OEM style muffler). oooohhhhh that's RRRadical!!!! Yeah it is loud when I am on the gas, but it is STREET LEGAL and E-town legal. Your last exhaust, the "loud mouth", was even less steet able than mine. Nevermind the new set up.

Just stretch your car and it would be a regular limousine!
What about ZO6 heads makes the car less streetable?

What about a FAST 90/90 combo makes the car less streetable?

His cam is twice the size of yours, yet he has the gear and drivetrain modifications to compensate for the loss of "driveability", in your eyes. Why is that less streetable?

This has to be one of the most rediculous posts I've ever read on 'tech. Why in the world are you criticizing a man whose car is quick (WITHOUT juicing the snot out of it) for being less streetable, when he probably logs more miles per year than you do? I've personally ridden in this car (in North Carolina nonetheless) and it is every bit as streetable as all the slower cars down here.

It's not like the car is proshifted. He hasn't removed 5th and 6th for "weight reduction". The car starts and drives every morning, regarless of weather.

Alex has taken a care and made proper modifications to it that help him run the number he's looking for - why are you pouring on the hateraid?

If you consider TSP's true dual system "racing exhaust", you need to head on over to the External Engine forum and tell all those guys who recommend it as a "first mod" to newbies. I'm sure they'd be interested in circling around you and worshipping your car, since you're nearly as "stock" as they are.

If you consider Alex's Trans Am a "race car", you have been around some *****-fied race cars in your life.

Most of Alex's "race mods" that you mentioned (roll cage, harness, steel driveshaft, etc) are actually safety mods, and if you're running 10s without them, you're more of an "idiot" than a "playa".

The car is likely the second quickest all motor, stock cubed 6speed in the nation right now. It ran mid 10s last week and is logging a 800 mile round trip to North Carolina right now.

Could you be any more jealous?

Last edited by JoeyAnderson; 03-15-2006 at 07:48 AM.
Old 03-15-2006, 07:49 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I gotta agree with the cartek people on this one. When petes car was a m6 he could cruise it everywhere ( including kentucky to race ) . If you can drive a m6 they are alot more streetable with larger cams etc. If Alex couldnt drive an m6 as good as he does ( which 99% of people cant) but think they can he would have a mid 11 sec car and there would be no drama.
Old 03-15-2006, 08:42 AM
CARTEK Racing

Originally Posted by offaxis
IIf Alex couldnt drive an m6 as good as he does ( which 99% of people cant) but think they can he would have a mid 11 sec car and there would be no drama.

Wow... Thanks for the props !
Old 03-15-2006, 08:43 AM
CARTEK Racing

Originally Posted by JoeyAnderson
What about ZO6 heads makes the car less streetable?

What about a FAST 90/90 combo makes the car less streetable?

His cam is twice the size of yours, yet he has the gear and drivetrain modifications to compensate for the loss of "driveability", in your eyes. Why is that less streetable?

This has to be one of the most rediculous posts I've ever read on 'tech. Why in the world are you criticizing a man whose car is quick (WITHOUT juicing the snot out of it) for being less streetable, when he probably logs more miles per year than you do? I've personally ridden in this car (in North Carolina nonetheless) and it is every bit as streetable as all the slower cars down here.

It's not like the car is proshifted. He hasn't removed 5th and 6th for "weight reduction". The car starts and drives every morning, regarless of weather.

Alex has taken a care and made proper modifications to it that help him run the number he's looking for - why are you pouring on the hateraid?

If you consider TSP's true dual system "racing exhaust", you need to head on over to the External Engine forum and tell all those guys who recommend it as a "first mod" to newbies. I'm sure they'd be interested in circling around you and worshipping your car, since you're nearly as "stock" as they are.

If you consider Alex's Trans Am a "race car", you have been around some *****-fied race cars in your life.

Most of Alex's "race mods" that you mentioned (roll cage, harness, steel driveshaft, etc) are actually safety mods, and if you're running 10s without them, you're more of an "idiot" than a "playa".

The car is likely the second quickest all motor, stock cubed 6speed in the nation right now. It ran mid 10s last week and is logging a 800 mile round trip to North Carolina right now.

I agree with everything... except the second quickest, I dont know about that and I don't want to start arguments, also I have not left for NC yet... LOL
Old 03-15-2006, 09:16 AM
10 second playa

Originally Posted by JoeyAnderson

Take it easy clown boy. Jealous? Yeah OK. Get a clue.

Alex and I happen to be friends, but I am not going to let him publicly state that my car is some kind of trailer only race car? It is CLOSER to a real street car than his. End of story. I only stated those things so it would be clear (to people with common sense) that my car is more street able, since HE brought it up?
I was communicating with and setting up a pre-race with OffAxis, not Alex.

Both cars are great cars for their designated purposes.
Both were built by CARTEK. Both are Awesome.
His: Stock short block, set up for NA w/6 speed.
Mine: Stock short block, set up for N2O (100 shot), 4L60E.
Both run similar times, but mine is more street oriented.
FYI, my car with a nitrous tune made 447 RWHP with an auto, NA.
It is no slouch, it doesn't need a trailer, it has one, just in case.
I have not made a clean pass with my car yet NA or N2O.
Due to the worn out BFG's.

Alex's car is impressive no doubt, that is why I gave him props earlier in this thread.

I think people are confusing the street ability of my Camaro with Pete's in this thread?
Alex's car is more street able than Pete's.
Pete has a spool, turbo 350 with no OD, high stall converter, steep gears and is more sparse than Alex's car (so I hear).
You could drive it on the street I suppose but, it wouldn't be very practical?
But, I don't think Pete claims his car is a street car?
And he certainly isn't claiming it is more street able than mine on a public forum. That is the whole point of my posts.

Say hi to Alex for me when he gets there.