Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Who's had work done at TTP in Clifton

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2006, 09:40 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TTPMatt
Everyone else, I appreciate all the comments. Rob99: You are exactly correct, basically I repeated most of what you said in your post because I posted mine before looking at yours. I wasn't in the shop yesterday due to a fever, so I have to catch up on all my posts, lol.

Fever? There is no sick days for you!!!!!!!!!!!!
Get back to work!
Old 03-25-2006, 05:40 AM
Launching!

Thanks guys for all your responses. Decided to go to East Coast superchargers and with the ETP 215 heads, dropping the car off today, will let you know how it goes.

Thanks again,

Sam
Old 03-25-2006, 07:26 AM
TECH Resident

TTP are nice, thorough, and are open on weekends for appointments. 'nuff said
Old 03-26-2006, 02:33 PM
Banned

Thanks for the positive comments guys. NJgunslinger: You will be quite happy with Chris, Doug and the crew down there. They are good friends of ours and their work is top notch.
Old 03-26-2006, 05:09 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

thanks for taking care of that for me matt.
Old 03-26-2006, 05:14 PM
Teching In

Matt and the rest of the crew are definietly top notch

I went their with my bone stock 2003 Z06 to get my cags out this past friday and, of all things, a simple oil change. While they were taking care of the cags, Matt took the time to sit with me and dicuss all the various head and cam package options and supporting mods for my car. Needless to say i was completely happy with their service, his knowledge of lsx's engine combination and the level of care they placed with my car.

In a couple of months I will be looking to drop my car off at their place for the Stage 3 head/cam package.

They may be a younger shop then the other ones, but they are a class act with Matt's excellent customer service.
Old 03-26-2006, 10:19 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by rripatti
Matt and the rest of the crew are definietly top notch

I went their with my bone stock 2003 Z06 to get my cags out this past friday and, of all things, a simple oil change. While they were taking care of the cags, Matt took the time to sit with me and dicuss all the various head and cam package options and supporting mods for my car. Needless to say i was completely happy with their service, his knowledge of lsx's engine combination and the level of care they placed with my car.

In a couple of months I will be looking to drop my car off at their place for the Stage 3 head/cam package.

They may be a younger shop then the other ones, but they are a class act with Matt's excellent customer service.
Hey, what's up?
I was the one with the cammed Silver SS there on Friday. Glad to hear you you found the right package.
Old 03-26-2006, 10:48 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 02 Camaro SS
Hey, what's up?
I was the one with the cammed Silver SS there on Friday. Glad to hear you you found the right package.
Hey how's it going! Yeah I'm glad too. Basically i will be looking to get their stage 3r package (afr ported/polished/milled and their v.3 cam), vararam intake, fast 90, nm90mm tb, lg lt's with cats, spec 3 clutch.

After speaking with you regarding the driveability of that cam I feel comfortable and confident about going with it rather then a 224/228 split cam. Sheesh, i only meant to stay there for an hour tops but ended up staying till almost 7pm LOL!

That other kid was a riot, Bill with the Cadillac CTV. Are you going to the April 8 dyno day? I'm thinking about doing that. Otherwise hope to see you around

Raul
Old 03-27-2006, 12:57 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by rripatti
Hey how's it going! Yeah I'm glad too. Basically i will be looking to get their stage 3r package (afr ported/polished/milled and their v.3 cam), vararam intake, fast 90, nm90mm tb, lg lt's with cats, spec 3 clutch.

After speaking with you regarding the driveability of that cam I feel comfortable and confident about going with it rather then a 224/228 split cam. Sheesh, i only meant to stay there for an hour tops but ended up staying till almost 7pm LOL!

That other kid was a riot, Bill with the Cadillac CTV. Are you going to the April 8 dyno day? I'm thinking about doing that. Otherwise hope to see you around

Raul
Yea, i know what you mean, I've spent plenty of time there myself. It's really easy to talk to just about anyone who works there or brings their car in. I wanted to stay to see that blown WS6 get dyno'd but I had to leave.

I think I might come by on dyno day, maybe I'll see you there. It's sounds like you're gonna have a really great setup. Good Luck with the car.
Old 03-27-2006, 08:11 PM
Teching In

Yeah that's definitely true about how friendly the people are there and it was fun shooting the crap with all of you.

I stayed for the first couple of runs. that car was a beast. the first pull was 475 and it got very lean. second one was just under 500 i think. then i had to go but man did that car sound wicked on the dyno. it was so loud that you had to use earplugs or cover your ears when they reved it up for the dyno run!

Yeah i can't wait for the package, it will hopefully get me some good numbers. i have to wait a couple more months to make sure i have the coin to get it all done at once.

either way, i'll let you know when its done so you can check it out.
Old 03-28-2006, 12:17 PM
TECH Resident

Thumbs up

TTPerformance sucks!!! ...

They provide such great, professional, and personalized service it's not fair because you end up spending 3/4th of your paycheck there!!...

Seriously though, Matt and Nick are totally awesome.. My car has never been anywhere else other than TTP ever since I bought it, and they've taken care of not only my car, but every car like it was their own

Matt always goes out of his way to make sure his customers are very satisfied with their car, and should you have ANY concerns, he and his crew are there to help right away... I could write a book on the countless times I've just walked in at TTP and Matt or Nick have attended to my car... w/o an appointment!!

These guys are simply great.. Do NOT hesitate to go to TTP to get work done! I rate'em 12 on a scale of 1 - 10 [10 being highest]

Goodluck!!

Rahul
Old 03-28-2006, 12:46 PM
Banned

Thanks for the kind words guys.. As I've always said, customer service is a 2-way street. Treat my staff and I fairly, and I will bend over backwards for you guys. All the customers in this post (And a lot more that havent posted) are good friends of ours, not just customers!!!
Old 05-09-2006, 10:29 PM
Teching In

Location: Upper West Side, New York City/Very Downtown, Houston

All I can say is that I've been to at least 2 of TTP's dyno days and had a blast. Although I have not used TTP for tuning, Matt still made me feel welcome.

-Rich (Silver 04 Z06)
Old 05-10-2006, 12:04 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TTPMatt
Thanks for the kind words guys.. As I've always said, customer service is a 2-way street. Treat my staff and I fairly, and I will bend over backwards for you guys. All the customers in this post (And a lot more that havent posted) are good friends of ours, not just customers!!!
since this thread was bumped to the top i might as well ask, is billy still around at the shop? i know you guys had a staff change recently and i'm just curious to see if he's still there or not. he's an awesome guy, i had a great time chatting with him at the njfboa dyno day and his car is
Old 05-10-2006, 07:17 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Thumbs up

i brought my car to TTP for a retune last saturday. i wouldve been happy if matt squeezed 5-10 more HP out of it.

he got 18/36 more. i drove home very happy.
Old 05-10-2006, 11:49 PM
Banned

ULTIMATE: Thanks

qwikz: Yep, Billy is still here, featuring only on Saturdays, lol. He helps us out on Saturdays when he's off from his real job.

- Matt from TTP