Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

CARTEK 4X Heads/Cam hits 507.9-RWHP!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2006, 05:40 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not trying to f' your thread up by taking it off topic so I'll leave it be.
Old 04-14-2006, 08:18 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

kick ***.
Old 04-14-2006, 08:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Very nice!!
Old 04-14-2006, 08:48 PM
11 Second Club

Wow! Alex that is efffing crazy!!! I cant wait to see what it does now!
Old 04-14-2006, 09:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Kick *** Amex...that thing is gonna rip..are you the highest dynoing 346 H/C car now?
Old 04-14-2006, 10:06 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by WS6TransAm01
Hm... But does knowing whats on your car help you go faster in any way? I just need to know where to shift. The CR would be w/e it is with an LS6 head normaly, 11.25-11.5, it runs pump gas and makes 507.9HP, so what do I care?

And either way, the specs on the cars components are propriotary information belonging to CARTEK. And is up to their descretion to release. I have no right to weather I payed for the components or not.

Im going way out to left field on this analogy, but do you thinks Scudaria Ferrari Marlboro is telling their engine specs to Mild Seven Renault F1? You think they tell MacLaren Mercedes or Williams Cosworth? Obviosly this is not F1 and we do not have $4mil cars making 750HP on a 2.4Ltr V-8 reving to 20K RPM, but the idea is the same. If one shop finds the edge, they exploit it wile others catch up. No top shop reviels their secrets.

alex i think what drew is getting at along a few others in this thread is what the basic setup is not cam numbers or anything thats strickly carteks design. dont expect you to realese that info. but inj size, what the A/F was, what intake ya know . we know its ls6 h/c setup with long tubes . theres alot more info on the table otherwise you might as well just say i have a ws6 that put out 500+ but i cant tell ya whats done to it
Old 04-14-2006, 10:40 PM

Originally Posted by TTPMatt
Let's put it on the track. Kerminator vs. Alex on a street night no rentals. Let's go we will match weight with ballast.

now this i would LOVE to see happen

Old 04-14-2006, 11:50 PM
CARTEK Racing

Originally Posted by badpewter-z
alex i think what drew is getting at along a few others in this thread is what the basic setup is not cam numbers or anything thats strickly carteks design. dont expect you to realese that info. but inj size, what the A/F was, what intake ya know . we know its ls6 h/c setup with long tubes . theres alot more info on the table otherwise you might as well just say i have a ws6 that put out 500+ but i cant tell ya whats done to it
What information would you posibly want? Flow numbers? I don't remember the heads were flowed a long time ago, and if I quote the wrong # it might only start a problem. I openly said that its a FAST 90mm intake and a Fast 90mm TB. As far as the A/F, I honestly don't know, I was at school when the car was tuned this last time, but Julio tunes cars very conservatavly [sp]. The injectors are 30# Ford SVO

I have said this since the first time I posted info on my set up, I don't know what else to say.
Old 04-14-2006, 11:51 PM
CARTEK Racing

Originally Posted by Mike 00'SS
Kick *** Amex...that thing is gonna rip..are you the highest dynoing 346 H/C car now?
There might be a solid roller puting down more, but this is the highest HP Stock Bottom End H/C 346ci from what we have seen, yes.
Old 04-15-2006, 03:46 AM
11 Second Club

There might be a solid roller puting down more, but this is the highest HP Stock Bottom End H/C 346ci from what we have seen, yes.
Its the highest stock cube hydraulic setup....wonder if its higher than any non ported blower/pullied 03/04 Cobra? I think it is

Still doesnt really make sense to me how this was done with a GM casting head through a "race" drivetrain (not calling bullshit)
Old 04-15-2006, 07:30 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by thechef
now this i would LOVE to see happen

Yeah.. me too!

As for the Bragging Rights thing- there are so many variables and weather, calibration, and other things that it's plain to see that Pete and Alex's cars are pretty much even and the ultimate determinator will be a same day.. same track.. same weather.. same prep.. and THEN you will see who's setup is better dialed in and who drove better for those 10 seconds.

I'll even be first to throw $20 in the pot for the winner to take home just so I can see this soon-to-be classic matchup! Any one else want to pitch in, feel free to post up.

I'll even make a prediction: Pete by a fender to 1/2 car length due to the reliability and consistancy of the auto and a bit more experience with his car.

However.. like I said before.. there will be no loser here- both cars are AWESOME.
Old 04-15-2006, 07:45 AM
Launching!

Lightbulb Dyno Jet Or Mustang Dyno

HEY,
GREAT NUMBERS AND COMBO IS REALLY WORKING. 507 IS BIG RWHP. DYNO JETS ARE ALWAYS GOOD FOR POSTING RECORDS AND BIG NUMBERS. MUSTANG DYNO'S ARE THE TOOL FOR TUNING. IF YOU WANT TO SEE THE DIFFERENCE; TUNE YOUR CAR ON A MUSTANG DYNO WITH A GOOD TUNER AND THEN ROLL IT OVER TO A DYNO JET TO GET THE BR AGGIN RIGHTS. YOU WILL PROBABLY SEE ANOTHER RWHP GAIN OF ABOUT 8-10%
Old 04-15-2006, 08:50 AM
CARTEK Racing

Originally Posted by DocEwww
Its the highest stock cube hydraulic setup....wonder if its higher than any non ported blower/pullied 03/04 Cobra? I think it is

Still doesnt really make sense to me how this was done with a GM casting head through a "race" drivetrain (not calling bullshit)
That was one of the things that we wanted to prove with this car. When CARTEK designed this set up, the only aftermarket head out there was the AFR, the others were only to be releases soon. One of the things we wanted to show was that; Yes! You can make power with LS6 heads if you have the know how! But the real test will be the track. With the weather getting warmer it will be hard, but if I ran 10.56 with 477RW, I now have 30 more!

I have faith in CARTEK's work, and I will do all I can to bring home the number!

As for racing Pete, we we're friends for a long time, so I want this to be a friendly race. Honestly I dont like the fact that I am racing a 3-speed auto, but, what the hell right? I've never tried to cut a good light, so I guess I have to start practicing.
Old 04-15-2006, 09:32 AM
12 Second Club

nice numbers. id def like to check out this matchup i keep hearing about. sounds like it would be a good one.
Old 04-15-2006, 10:35 AM

Its hard to say who would win, i think as its true both cars and making big power and both drivers have alot of seat time, and i dont think the auto vs m6 in this case will be a big factor as alex can drive the m6 with the best of them, but i just want to see these 2 cars run at any track other than Atco and without the MAGIC air or track rental situation.

to bad it probably wont happen this coming wed night cus im on vacation and would make the trip to witness this race
Old 04-15-2006, 11:13 AM
CARTEK Racing

Originally Posted by thechef
Its hard to say who would win, i think as its true both cars and making big power and both drivers have alot of seat time, and i dont think the auto vs m6 in this case will be a big factor as alex can drive the m6 with the best of them, but i just want to see these 2 cars run at any track other than Atco and without the MAGIC air or track rental situation.

to bad it probably wont happen this coming wed night cus im on vacation and would make the trip to witness this race

:/ This wednsday I have work, I already talked to Pete about it. We will prolly have to wait till im done with school at th end of this month
Old 04-15-2006, 12:26 PM
11 Second Club

:/ This wednsday I have work, I already talked to Pete about it. We will prolly have to wait till im done with school at th end of this month
Make sure you post up when it is.. I'll take off if its not on my day off.
Old 04-15-2006, 04:20 PM
11 Second Club

coolness............congrats........

btw....my new bike is faster than both of ya bitches!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol.

wanna run for cash?
Old 04-15-2006, 04:46 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Durien
coolness............congrats........

btw....my new bike is faster than both of ya bitches!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol.
Perhaps when you get the training wheels off and dye your hair yellow.
Old 04-15-2006, 08:23 PM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

That was one of the things that we wanted to prove with this car. When CARTEK designed this set up, the only aftermarket head out there was the AFR, the others were only to be releases soon. One of the things we wanted to show was that; Yes! You can make power with LS6 heads if you have the know how! But the real test will be the track. With the weather getting warmer it will be hard, but if I ran 10.56 with 477RW, I now have 30 more!
Wow, so you gained an additional 30 HP from injector sizing and tuning, that's damn impressive.

Seriously, that's some kick *** **** he's got going on to be able to tweek that much more power out of rescaling injectors and tuning.