8 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Fran What car was yours? I was looking foe 1996 SS
Old 06-19-2006, 10:37 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by n20stroker
Hey Fran What car was yours? I was looking foe 1996 SS

oh i didnt have my car there i had a customer of mines..... we were in the blue 99 ss with the big hood......
Old 06-19-2006, 11:11 AM
8 Second Club

Oh, The one that said RPM on the back window. That car was sick
Old 06-19-2006, 11:21 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by n20stroker
Oh, The one that said RPM on the back window. That car was sick

yeah that was it..... and thanx..... the driver is not very good haha hes still getting used to the car..... he made his last license pass yesterday....
Old 06-19-2006, 03:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

glad to hear you guys had fun.

the date, we didn't pick it. the clash has apparently been on atco's schedule for a few years now with little/no major promotion or support. some other members of the NJFBOA brought it to my attention and along with Saint, we got involved about 3months ago.
we also had the NHRA an hour up the road and i am sure that cost at least a few spectators.

for the heat thing, summer is when racing season happens for better or worse. since we are just a car club and don't have money to rent out the track and dictate to them what date we want, we just work with what we are handed.
besides, everyone is racing under teh same conditions, so it is still fair even if we can't all set personal bests that day.

as we get invovled in more events there will certainly be some in cooler weather. we are already looking to do a few more things next year, hopefully starting in late april/early may with a racing and car show event someplace around the region

if you guys wanna keep up to date on everything we are planning please hop over and sign up on teh club site. even if you don't go to the site much after that, it puts you on our emailing list(that is not shared with anyone or used for outside promotion) and you will receive e-newsletters once or twice a month with updates of everything we have going on.

thanks for all the interest and support for the clash gang. hope to see you all in august at island for the east coast nats.
Old 06-19-2006, 05:34 PM
8 Second Club

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

It was a fun time. I could have done without the sunburn though. That Camaro was pretty sick. Like to see what that cars full potential is. Nice job!
Old 06-19-2006, 06:52 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Frans96SS
yeah that was it..... and thanx..... the driver is not very good haha hes still getting used to the car..... he made his last license pass yesterday....
If it would't have taken my shop guy to get his truck I might have gotten used to the car by now..haha...just
Old 06-19-2006, 11:09 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by stettsws6
If it would't have taken my shop guy to get his truck I might have gotten used to the car by now..haha...just

well usually people with race cars have there own truck and trailor....
Old 06-20-2006, 12:37 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Talon WS6
Verry nice car guys we were admiring it from the lanes and hoping it was not entering the Heads up class LOL

That did not matter much any way with an 8 second race car in the group you were better off LIC Testing.

Whats the set up on the Camaro it looked like one mean suspension in the rear.

thanx man.... we tried to enter the heads up class but they wouldnt let us b/c he had to make 1 lisence pass.....

the car SHOULD go 8's... but not in that weather......

its a pretty basic 408 with old school ported 98 ls1 heads.... sheet metal intake with a direct port, power glide and a 9 inch with a 3.50 gear....
Old 06-20-2006, 12:48 AM
TECH Fanatic

hey gang, pics are up http://s55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...-Body%20Clash/

hope everyone had a good timec
Old 06-20-2006, 07:41 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by NJSPDER
...hope everyone had a good time
It was a very good time.

Ask Joe Sway about a date away from Father's Day. That should help with the draw (but, don't pick Mother's Day, instead! ).
Old 06-20-2006, 02:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Fran D
Ask Joe Sway about a date away from Father's Day. That should help with the draw (but, don't pick Mother's Day, instead! ).
lol, we will try.

the funny thing is, if the event was just a week or two early we would all be talking about how amazing it was to have a day in the low 70's in june. weather is funny that way i geuss.

joe seemed pretty happy with the response. i am gonna give him a call in a week or so and talk about how he thought everything went and what his interests are for next year.
we would like to see it grow a lot obviously, including more classes and a few good sponsors to keep up the prize fund.

thanks for the support gang. i hope to see all of you up at island in august for the east coast nats.