Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Got 1st at Seekonk Speedway!

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2006, 08:18 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Its not really as bad as it seems though. What gets all the attention is the crashes and they really don't happen that often in my opinion. Usually the crashes are a result of bad driving. But yeah everytime I mention the spec drags everyone asks me "arent you afraid of crashing?". I can see why everyone thinks that
Old 07-01-2006, 08:57 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by ButtaballZ28
That is nuts. I would never in a million years do that. But nice donuts marco
Thanks
Old 07-01-2006, 09:08 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by z28bryan
Its not really as bad as it seems though. What gets all the attention is the crashes and they really don't happen that often in my opinion. Usually the crashes are a result of bad driving. But yeah everytime I mention the spec drags everyone asks me "arent you afraid of crashing?". I can see why everyone thinks that

I've had the same thing. There are times when people will drive very aggressive. The only thing they see is winning and don't care about theirs or any of the other cars. I rubbed paint with the Cougar that used to win all the time when I raced by '93Z years ago. We can into turn 1 side by side, he turned down into me as we went around so I pushed up on him (yeah, I know ). Nothing that a few hundred at the bodyshop couldn't take care of. I've also seen people do a little "bump to pass" thing. I guess they watch to much NASCAR. And then you have the people that make friends with the wall. Yeah, some might night have the driving experience to get out of trouble, some are just getting to crazy (no, not Krazy ) and other times it's just one of those things that happens. One time I had someone walk by and say "sorry about your paint". Took a little while to realize what he meant. Most people that race there are pretty good through. Just a bunch of car guys having a good time and hoping to be able to drive the same car home at the end of the night.

I'm thinking about racing tomorrow. Usually depends on how I feel that day. I either have the urge to do it or feel that it's better if I just watch Then I sit in the stands and say that I'll do it next time
Old 07-01-2006, 09:44 AM
TECH Junkie

What will you race???
Old 07-01-2006, 10:11 AM
TECH Senior Member

The 300C SRT-8
Old 07-01-2006, 08:58 PM
TECH Junkie

Yeah bring the 300c again You made it into the 3rd or 4th round in it right? Then did a little burnout on the lap that you lost. Good times at seekonk!
Old 07-01-2006, 09:48 PM
TECH Senior Member

This one is a little more potent than the regular 300C. That one had the 340hp 5.7 (about 275 rear wheel). This one has the 425hp 6.1 motor. They make about 350-360 at the rear wheels stock. I should be seeing about 380-390 with the current mods. I found that I should have turned the ESP (Electronic Stability Control) off when I raced last time. The computer sensed alot of tire slippage going into the corner so it reduced engine power... alot. I thought the car shut off when I was coming out of turn 4. I was pretty much coasting with my foot to the floor. I'm the driver from now on. The computer can just sit there, shut up and hold on!

Quick Reply: Got 1st at Seekonk Speedway!