Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

observation about philly.

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2006, 05:58 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default observation about philly.

there was another shooting today in philly and I was half a block away when it happened.(didn't see it hapen though.) anyway I realized something that seem's to be a common thread with other's I've seen there and on tv. after every shooting there's alway's a backpack on the ground. I've come to the conclusion if you don't want to get shoot don't wear a backpack. now I don't know what they keep in that backpack but I'm not wearing one just in case they confuse me to have a target on my back. oh and they all to seem to be black.
Old 07-25-2006, 06:09 PM
TECH Regular

carry a purse? then you only get mugged. not shot
Old 07-25-2006, 06:58 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by dogger
now I don't know what they keep in that backpack
Big f'n magnets?
Old 07-25-2006, 07:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by nodnarb481
carry a purse? then you only get mugged. not shot
ROFL!
Old 07-26-2006, 04:47 PM
TECH Regular

I personally havn't tried the purse thing. I prefer to keep my 9mm close at hand though.
Old 07-26-2006, 04:51 PM

I drove through Philly once. It's a **** hole. Stay out of it and you have a better chance of not getting shot.
Old 07-26-2006, 07:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by davered00ss
I drove through Philly once. It's a **** hole. Stay out of it and you have a better chance of not getting shot.
While I agree most parts of philly are not great (north philly is down right dangerous) anyone who lives in CT has little room to talk I spent a week one day in East Hartford and it was nasty.

Every large city has it's issues. Just a fact of life now days.
Old 07-27-2006, 03:09 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

thats what philly is known for now...soon we will be behind camden if it keeps going on at this rate...i live in oxford circle aka "frankford and summerdale"... and its just getting to be complete bshit here anymore!!
Old 07-27-2006, 03:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by davered00ss
Yeah, Id take Philly over CT. Hartford and **** blow worse than philly atleast your body won't covered over with snow after you get shot.
Old 07-27-2006, 10:50 PM
TECH Regular

just be aware of your surroundings and dont walk around by yourself if u look like a little pretty boy... just dont look like an easy target. ive heard gunshots in my backyard and a kid from my school was abducted at gun point a block from where i live. actually i think someone was shot right around the corner. i'm in SW philly which isn't the best places but it aint the worst either.
Old 07-27-2006, 11:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Anyone hear His cockship Street babble tonight?
Honestly hes the biggest pile of **** juice this city has had, all the "brothers getting shot"

WHAT THE **** how hes gotten away with that since day one! Those were words he said not a racist comment btw.

What a great idea lets crash corse 200 more cops with no clue what to do! How about teach the 67985607985687059687 cops there how to spot trouble and deal with things better, not to say the cops arn't doing there best time and again it's proven the training is LAX.

oh lets take guns away from the law abiding citzens GOOD PLAN!! If legally you can't get them they arn't around right? That means there is no crack or pot in philly either tell me that to my face and you might drown in the tears of my laughter.

I ******* hate that city more and more. A huge part of that is look what it was! Franklin Jefferson, the people who not only started this country but reshaped the world were here. Now it's this 2 bit hack. Makes me sick.

John Street is the worst Mayor Philly has had in my life if not ever. Murder rates are up because you are a shitty mayor it's that simple.

Ok I just wanted to get that rant out of the way.

Some parts of Philly are still nice and I like to visit, the arts are still there oh and philly soft pretzels and who doesn't love the RTM? I always walk out of there atleast 20 dollars poorer and stuffed
Old 07-28-2006, 05:59 AM
12 Second Club

John Street is a complete moron. Anyone that voted for that tool needs their head checked. Glad I live 10 minutes outside the city...you couldn't pay me to live there...I wouldn't want a single penny of my $$ going to that shithole city.