Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Wheelie bars for f-body

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2006 | 09:07 AM
Teching In

Jeff, I am sure we can fix the wheelie problem. we just need to scale the car and put a different setup, now that you are running a slick. I know a guy that knows a thing or 2 about getting a race car down the track.
Old 08-15-2006 | 01:01 PM
TECH Junkie

Hopefully, that will be the last look at the moon Bruso will get while leaving the line w/the blk LS7 car..... WJ
Old 08-15-2006 | 01:24 PM
8 second mod

Originally Posted by Slowhawk
Better hurry up before the car really hurt's itself on a launch Brads car launches perfect will alot more HP/Tq out of the hole.If you can't get Miller,maybe you can contact his guy.
east side did the main set up, and i do the tweeking. ken and rich tought me a huge amount about suspention. they are damn good!!!!!!
Old 08-15-2006 | 02:03 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by WJ SOM SS
Hopefully, that will be the last look at the moon Bruso will get while leaving the line w/the blk LS7 car..... WJ
ya my cousin jack in the creme colored chevelle hopes so too since he was stuck behind it for an 90 minutes waiting for cleanup
Old 08-15-2006 | 02:06 PM
TECH Senior Member

so how did this car wheelie so hard? Its an NA ls7 which isnt huge hp by any stretch. Is it a stick or auto? I cant see an auto doing that if its setup right. Either way thats a pic that gets saved over the mantle
Old 08-15-2006 | 02:34 PM

Originally Posted by PurEvl
so how did this car wheelie so hard? Its an NA ls7 which isnt huge hp by any stretch. Is it a stick or auto? I cant see an auto doing that if its setup right. Either way thats a pic that gets saved over the mantle

hell yea that pics is NASTY i would like to have one like that with my car but without the damage...LOL

that would have scared the crap out of me
Old 08-15-2006 | 02:51 PM

Awesome Wheelie pic.
Old 08-15-2006 | 03:44 PM
Race your car!
20 Year Member

Set the instant center real aggressive for drag radial use, so the car hts the tire real hard out of the hole to get it to hook... then add slicks to the car instead od the radials... and there you go, a bumper dragger! Only thing that maybe could have stopped that would have been staying in it and pulling 2nd gear as soon as the rise continued, that might have silghtly bogged it and made it set back down soft... with the damage that is being stated that occured, that makes me think that the brakes got hit and/or the driver let off, both which are what 99.99% of people would do, myself included. A set of madman bars would be a wise investment when it's back together, and a definate add on when I put a k member on my car that I am 100% on.

I hope my **** will hang the front tires off the transbrake, but not like that LOL.
Old 08-15-2006 | 04:27 PM
Launching!

PurEvl so how did this car wheelie so hard? Its an NA ls7 which isnt huge hp by any stretch. Is it a stick or auto? I cant see an auto doing that if its setup right. Either way thats a pic that gets saved over the mantle
it is a auto and does have a loos converter...believe it or not he only footbraked it to 3,000, the car still has a trans brake that he hasnt used yet...purevl i think it is making more horsepower than ya think... a stock ls7 is at 505bhp i could be wrong but i believe its making sumthing in the 700-750 range, not to mention those ls7's are torquemonsters....i wish my dads car wheelied like that

Last edited by Borderlinedragracing; 08-16-2006 at 01:23 PM.
Old 08-15-2006 | 04:40 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

I would say he hasn't trans braked it because it would slam the bumper The instant center has to be moved forward---alot and I would guess probly get the converter restalled. Our 1100hp Stang had the same problem on DR's.After the suspension and tighter converter it hangs the front's wheels 1-2' past the 60' mark.
Old 08-15-2006 | 04:49 PM
Race your car!
20 Year Member

I don't even think a restall is needed, just getting the suspension set up right would solve it. I mean there's no way that thing is making the power on motor that Brad was leaving the line last year with a 250 hit off the transbrake, and he was nowhere near putting the car on the bumper.. the pic that's above makes it look like it immediately lifted the nose to the sky and slammed the bumper, wish I could have seen that, must have been violent to say the least.
Old 08-15-2006 | 05:16 PM
8 second mod

Originally Posted by JL ws-6
I don't even think a restall is needed, just getting the suspension set up right would solve it. I mean there's no way that thing is making the power on motor that Brad was leaving the line last year with a 250 hit off the transbrake, and he was nowhere near putting the car on the bumper.. the pic that's above makes it look like it immediately lifted the nose to the sky and slammed the bumper, wish I could have seen that, must have been violent to say the least.
my car came close to the bumper last year, but it was all in the suspention, id go almost hit the bumper, make a few tweeks, then she would be sitting pretty. if i was racing a shitty track and made it hook, then the next time out the track was real good, those where the fun rides where i was watching the telophone polesto be sure i was straight because i couldnt see the track. lol
suspention suspentiopn suspention
Old 08-15-2006 | 05:17 PM
8 second mod

Originally Posted by Borderlinedragracing
it is a stick and does have a loos converter
im confused with this. lol
i know its a auto cus i saw it, but its not both. lol
Old 08-15-2006 | 05:40 PM
10 Second Club

the car is a turbo 400, jordan doesnt know what hes talking about, that day it was footbraked to 2400 rpms.
I have no doubt in my mind that Miller can get the car down the track. He knows his stuff..
Old 08-15-2006 | 06:27 PM
11 Second Club

Brad its suspenSION not suspention suspentiopn suspention
:0
Old 08-15-2006 | 07:21 PM
Race your car!
20 Year Member

It's brad typing... that's how he spells stuff

the whole chassis tuning thing though... with a new setup, it's always a good idea to shake it down first, if that was the first time the car had slicks on it, a smar t thign to do would have been to set the car a little conservative on the shock settings, and elave of idle to see what it was gonna do, even footbraking it up to 2400 with a new setup is kinda ballsy IMO, and the bumper drag kinda proves my point.

I'm sure once the owners are comfortable and learn the car they will be fine, it just seems like they got in over their head a little, the power that they put in the car is probably a little too much for them to be learning a car with.. but I guess it's probably smarter to build it once and be done with it.
Old 08-15-2006 | 09:20 PM
10 Second Club

Hes been to the track with the slicks about 3-4 times, footbraking it to the same rpm, but the DA on those days was about 3400, and it pulled a nice even 2 foot wheelie, The air on saturday was around 1200 on that pass, and they sprayed the **** out of the track for the promods. He wants it to look like a stocker when it launches, we love the way those cars launch, most 11.50 cars and faster inthe all star class have done at least one bumper drag from what ive heard, and thats why just about everyone has wheelie bars too..
Old 08-15-2006 | 09:27 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by JL ws-6
the pic that's above makes it look like it immediately lifted the nose to the sky and slammed the bumper, wish I could have seen that, must have been violent to say the least.
It actually wasnt that violent, i was standing behind and it seemed to go up smooth. But then again looking at that pic, it did come up pretty fast. the guy he was racing said that hes never seen a car wheelie like that on the side of him.
The tubular k member was bent also. New oil filters on and has normal oil pressure, etc so there was no damage to the engine.

the crash bar that madman makes, does it protect the rack??? thats the only thing exposed on that car, besides the headers.
Old 08-15-2006 | 09:37 PM

Originally Posted by 35th 427SS

the crash bar that madman makes, does it protect the rack??? thats the only thing exposed on that car, besides the headers.

PM MADMAN he can answer any questions ya have

i know i saw NEXT do that at the track and the bars saved his car
http://www.nextracing.net/Videos/NextRacing.wmv

Last edited by thechef; 08-15-2006 at 09:45 PM.
Old 08-16-2006 | 08:16 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Borderlinedragracing
it is a stick and does have a loos converter...believe it or not he only footbraked it to 3,000, the car still has a trans brake that he hasnt used yet...purevl i think it is making more horsepower than ya think... a stock ls7 is at 505bhp i could be wrong but i believe its making sumthing in the 700-750 range, not to mention those ls7's are torquemonsters....i wish my dads car wheelied like that
base ls7 is 430-440 at the rear wheels I was saying its most likely 550rwhp, I dont talk flywheel crap. That car is no where near 700-750hp natural.

Quick Reply: Wheelie bars for f-body